Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

023

The next morning, I figured I should go to Aron's to talk to him about everything.

I should've called first instead of knocking lightly and walking in.

Faint moans was all I heard. I opened the door abruptly and Aron had his head in between a pair of thighs.

"Averi," he sat up and wiped his mouth. "Listen I've just been thinking lately we should see other people. You're great, the sex was great-"

"Don't. You fucking asshole. Are you really breaking up with me like this and comforting me by telling me about the sex? Fuck you." I walked out of the apartment slamming and stomping. Not really because Aron cheated on me, just because Travis was right.

I decided to take a trip to Panda's, where Josh's car was parked at.

After I told them what happened, I was just pissed.

"You were to good for him anyways, love." Panda rubbed my back.

"Face it Ave, you're way too good for anyone you date. You settle for way less than what you should." Josh gave me a cup of coffee.

"Hey fellas," Travis walked in the door.

I scoffed and crossed my legs, getting ready to leave.

"What happened?" Travis looked at me with a confused look.

"You were right. Are you happy?" I screamed.

"Yeah, I am. The satisfaction is fucking great. You should have fucking believed me in the first place instead of some player you just met a few months ago." He spat.

"Okay, well you don't need to rub it in my face right now."

He laughed. "It's fun, though."

"T!" Panda scolded.

"I fucking hate you, so much." I glared at him. "I wish that I never met you."

"But then you'd still be a fucking coke head. I saved your life." He smirked at me.

"Man, you need to leave." Panda responded.

"Call me when the bitch leaves," he slammed the front door.

"Why did you introduce me to him in the first place?" I whined.

"Hey, you two hit it off for a while. You've been over each other for so long but you won't let go of each other."

"For real." Josh sighed. "This shit is annoying."

"He's changed, a lot. Well, I have to go to work at 1." I looked at my phone to check the time.

"Do you want me to take you?" Josh offered.

"Thanks." I smiled.

The car ride was filled with small chatter. Josh was good looking. And a good friend of mine and Travis', so dating him was out of the question.

"What time does your shift end?" He asked as he pulled up at the mall.

"Around 9. Can you pick me up too?"

"Of course. Have a good day." He kissed my cheek, making me smile. I stepped out of the sport car and waved.

All day long I just didn't feel like doing anything.

"Bad day?" My co-worker, Emilee asked me.

"You have no idea." I scoffed.

"More Trav drama?" She laughed.

"Isn't it always his drama? The only reason I get pissed off at all lately is because of him. Boys in general."

"Take a break girl. You've been tied down for so long to a guy that wasn't tied down back to you. See other people. And as in other people, I mean people who have NO connection to Travis or any of those boys. They are bad news." She fixed some of the shirts on the shelves.

"You're right. God, I just hate Travis so much. I don't understand how I could have been in love with such a horrible person." I helped straighten some of the merchandise up while there were no customers.

"I don't know either." She laughed.

Finally, 9 o'clock rolled around and when I walked outside, Josh was parked in the same place he had dropped me off. I could hear the music clearly and the windows were up. I hopped in the car and he cut the radio down.

"How was your day?" He asked and sped out of the parking lot.

"Long. Boring."

"Well since your car is at Panda's do you want me to take you back over there?"

"That would be great." I smiled at him. I pulled out my phone and called Panda.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Panda. Where are you?"

"At you know who's."

"Ew. Why."

"Because he's my friend and I was bored?" He laughed.

"Well me and Josh are on our way to your house. My car is there and my keys are in your house."

"Fuck. I locked everything. I'll be over there in a bit."

"Okay. Bye." I hung up. "He's with the punk bitch."

Josh laughed. "You know, you used to be in love with that punk bitch. I'm talking hardcore love."

"Yeah, used to. Not anymore."

"I heard about Aron. I'm sorry, girl."

I sighed. "I'm over it, really. I just hate the fact Travis was right."

We pulled up to Panda's and his car was here and there was a light on, so he beat us.

I walked in the house not expecting Travis to be lounging on the couch in his iPhone.

I didn't say a word. Travis and I are not the type of people to give the silent treatments, we will say whatever the fuck we have on our minds and we don't care who it hurts. I didn't feel like screaming.

Travis scoffed. "Really Josh?"

"Dude, I was just picking her up from work. Chill the fuck out."

"You've always been all over her!"

"Travis, shut the fuck up! ME AND YOU ARE OVER WITH! SO PLEASE!"

I wanted to make him jealous. I wanted to make him hurt.

So I did it. I locked my fingers into Josh's hair and shoved my tongue down his throat.

Oh, shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
unleashing the beast.