Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

030

I left Vegas first thing that morning, with my phone on fire from Travis, Tony, and Panda. Travis was most likely sober now, so he was probably wondering what the fuck went down last night.

"So what really happened between you and Travis? You wouldn't have called me all the way down her from Cali for nothing." Matthew merged onto the interstate.

"...He asked me to marry him. He was fucked up, and he has a lot of stress on him right now, and we're just too young."

"He's not the man I would prefer you to marry anyways."

"Would you mind if I stayed with you boys for a while? You know, to be able to help with Micah, too."

"Sure thing."

We arrived back in Cali that night, we fixed up a room for Micah and then my own. I was trying to sleep when I heard something creaking in my window.

"What the fuck?" I cut the lamp on and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

The window was opening, and Travis popped through it.

"Travis, what the fuck are you doing!?"

"Apologizing for being an asshole to the most perfect girl in the world." He brushed his shoulders off and rushed over to the bed. "Please, Averi, I'm so sorry. The Vegas lights were getting to me or something, but I know I fucked up, and I am so fucking sorry." I could see the emphasis in his voice and his eyes, and I couldn't turn down sincerity.

"Travis, things have to change." I sobbed. "I can't handle the stress with this relationship, something has to give. And I mean it this time, no more trying again. If it doesn't work this time, we HAVE to move on. Okay? Please tell me you understand."

"I do, I do." He kissed my lips softly.

Matthew walked in with a bat. "What the fuck was that noise- YOU ASSHOLE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" He dropped the bat and jumped on Travis, punching him in the face.

"Oh, my God, MATTHEW! GET OFF OF HIM! RIGHT NOW!" I pulled my masculine brother off of him.

"Why is he here? GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE MAN!"

"He just came to apologize! And to take me home!" I kneeled down next to him, his lip was busted, and he has a light bruise forming around his eye. Fuck.

"So you're leaving?"

"Yes, I want to go home with him. I'll try to visit as much as possible. I promise." I kissed his cheek. Matthew forced out an apology to Travis, I packed my things, and left.

"I'm so sorry, babe. When we get back, I'll clean you up, okay?" I grabbed his hand.

"Okay, love. Just sleep. I'll wake you up when we get home."

"Averi," Travis shook me. I was already in the bed.

"Go get me a first aid kit." I mumbled. He nodded and dissapeared for a few seconds, coming back with a little white box.

"Thank God we had one of these."

He sat down on his side of the bed and I sat up and got on his lap. I fixed his lip up and apologized once more.

"It's okay, I can't really blame him. But I was really worried about you."

His phone started ringing, he whipped it out of his pocket and answered.

"Yellow. Um, hi, what's up? WHAT? Fuck, alright, Imma leave now okay? Bye." He gently slid me off of him and changed his shirt.

"What?" I questioned.

"Mattie's having the kid."

"Oh."

"Well. do you wanna come?"

"I don't think she wants me there, Travis."

"Well, if it's mine, you're obviously going to be apart of it's life."

I smiled weakly and got off the bed.

We drove to the hospital mostly in silence, and when we got there, Travis didn't want to go watch a child birth, so we wait 8 hours. It was fucking tiring.

"Baby, if you want to go home, go. I'll be home as soon as possible." He kissed my cheek.

"It's okay." I smiled. Finally, about an hour later, we were called to the back, and glanced through the window that was blocking the room full of newborns. She had a c-section, so she was in recovery, and she would be for awhile.

"Which one is it?" I gazed across the babies.

"That one. 2nd row, 3rd one."

It was a boy, very small, hooked up to wires. Tyson Anthony Christeian. He has a dark shade of hair, it wasn't one of those babies who you could tell who fathered it.

Fuck.

"Mattie said she requested a DNA test, but they would have the results for a week." Travis mumbled.

"Just... don't get too attached, Trav. Okay? I don't want-"

"I know, I won't." He played with my hand. "Go home, love. Get some rest, I'll come home when I can." He kissed me and gave me his keys. "I'll get a ride home, or I'll call you." I nodded and walked out to the vehicle, so excited to be able to go home. As soon as I arrived home, I took a shower, and crawled in the bed.

I woke up around 3am, and Travis still wasn't home. I groaned and went back to sleep.

"Ave." Travis whispered in my ear and crawled in behind me.

"Travis, what happened? It's... 7 o'clock in the morning."

"I know, when Mattie woke up, we had a lot to talk about. They let us see him." He smiled.

"Travis, I thought you didn't even like kids?"

"I mean, I'm not going to neglect the thing."

"You don't even know if it's yours yet."

"Averi... are you jealous?"

I admit, I knew he would be spending a lot of time on that whole situation, and the night being gone for 12 hours didn't reassure me at all.

"No, I'm not fucking jealous." I rolled over so I wasn't facing him.

"Averi. Come on now, don't be like that."

"I'm not jealous!" I protested.