Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

We've Proven Our Love Over Time So Strong.

First Words

-Female POV-

I stepped along the beach slowly, feeling the cool water wash over my feet, the gritty sand against the soles of them, the warmth of the sun as it beamed down against my body. There was something about it that relaxed me, and this was one of the last times that I'd be able to do this. At twenty-two years old, I made the decision to join the United States Navy, and in just shy of a month, I was leaving my home here in southern California to go to Boot Camp in Chicago. There were a few reasons to my decision. I loved Huntington Beach, but I felt trapped, and wanted to see the world. I wanted to do something meaningful. The bigger reason was to leave recent painful memories behind me and try to move on. I was an idiot for believing in love at first sight, and I told myself I needed to escape, and to never fall for it again.

I'd walked out of the surf, stepping into the warm, dry sand as I continued to walk aimlessly. Earbuds were glued into my ears, blasting music in another attempt to calm myself down. It had been a rough day, and I needed to cool off. I stared ahead blankly as I walked, glancing at a group of men throwing a football around. Funny thing is that I recognized the group. Five guys belonging to one of a few bands that have helped me through hard times. I wasn't going to bother them, since they were enjoying their free time. As I passed the group, I'd heard a few shouts that merged with the music in my ears, but ignored them until a body ran into me, knocking us both to the ground. I groaned, pulling the earbuds from my ears and turning in preparation to cuss out the person that knocked me down. I stopped short before I could get the words out.

The man was already on his feet. “I'm so sorry, are you okay?” he asked, holding his hands to me.

I blinked. “Yeah, I'm fine.” I grabbed his hands and he helped me up. I let my eyes quickly look over his toned body that was inked in colorful artwork before looking up to meet dark brown eyes. “Umm...”

“I'm sorry, I swear we weren't playing tackle football,” he said, laughing a bit as he brushed sand off himself. “My friends were shouting, but I didn't even see you until I ran into you.”

I was brushing sand off my own body. “It's fine,” I laughed a little, glancing at his friends behind him, standing in a group together. “I've been through worse. Thanks for helping me up though.” I smiled.

“No problem.”

“Well, this has been slightly awkward. I'll leave you to your friends.” I started to step backwards, turning away when he nodded. I wasn't about to bother him and his friends by gushing like a fangirl. I was going to save that for when I ever saw them in concert again seeing as this wasn't the time to gush.

As I walked away, fitting the buds back into my ears, I could hear someone shouting behind me. “Hey, wait up!” I'd expected him running after me because I dropped something. “Would you like to go grab a drink? On me.”

I looked over his shoulder at his friends. “Umm...but what about...”

“Don't worry about them. Would you like to? Or are you busy?” He asked with a pleading smile.

I couldn't help but feel butterflies flutter in my stomach at his smile. “I'm not busy at all.”

“Awesome. I'm Brian by the way.”

I laughed, showing him my iPod where I had an Avenged Sevenfold song playing. “I know who you are.” I could feel my cheeks burning slightly as we started walking. “I'm Lisa.”

“Well, Lisa. I thank you for not going insane.”

“I know better. It is great to meet you though, even if I'd expected it to be after a concert or something.”

“Well, a meeting is better than no meeting.”

“Yep, very true.” I was starting to fight the urges to begin gushing, but I knew I couldn't make a fool of myself in front of him.

We exited the beach area to the boardwalk towards a cafe/bar. The conversation started out as simple subjects until we were sitting at a table on the deck of the cafe and ordered drinks. There was something about him that was starting to draw me in, and what shocked me was that it wasn't just a fan thing. I knew I wasn't star struck, because I kept telling myself that he was human. A regular human that just happened to be widely known and have a great job.

“So what do you do for a living?” he asked, restarting the conversation.

“Well I...” I stopped myself before explaining my decision to join the military. I don't know why I decided against it, but I did. “I'm between jobs right now. I lost my job as an office secretary, but right now I'm just trying to really figure out what I want out of life.” It wasn't a total lie, I just kept a few things out. “I don't have any college education, which isn't in my favor right now either. So hopefully I'll find something good.”

“Makes sense. Do you live alone?”

Butterflies fluttered again as he kept asking me questions, like he was trying to get to know me. I couldn't exactly ask him the same questions back, because I knew what he did. “I did, but after I lost my job, I had to break my apartment lease and move back home until I can get back on my feet.” I was starting to ramble nervously, and I knew I had to stop and let him talk. “So are you guys on a break?”

“We are. We just finished a pretty big tour with our new album. Taking a month off before going overseas with it.”

Drinks kept coming, and small-talk kept up. Small-talk about life, until I declared that I wasn't that interesting and asked him about touring. Neither of us noticed time passing until his friends came and found us. That was when I noticed the sun setting over the water.

“Wow, I should get home,” I said as I stood up. “Whoa...” I laughed as I stumbled a little.

“You want a ride or something?” Brian asked as he noted my lack of coordination.

“I'll be fine. It's not a long walk to my house.”

“Well, can I at least walk you home?” he asked, a slight desperate tone in his voice.

I smiled. “Okay, sounds pretty good.” I heard his friends whispering behind us as we walked, but I didn't pay attention. Darkness surrounded us quickly as we walked. It was slightly awkward as the walk was silent most of the way. “I'm right there,” I said, pointing.

“You were right, it's not that far.” He laughed a little.

I was a bit shocked when he followed me right to my front door, and then the silence became even more awkward. I glanced up, making eye contact with him. He appeared to grow embarrassed as he looked at the ground.

“So...thanks,” I said. “For the drinks, and the walk.”

“No problem,” he replied, still staring at the ground. I didn't know what else to say to him. I couldn't exactly ask for his number, so I reached for the doorknob, only to have the silence quickly broken to where it startled me. “I'd like to see you again.”

I turned to look at him, shocked. “I'd say that you read my mind, but I just...”

“You figured you wouldn't get to see me again after tonight?” he interrupted.

I let out an awkward laugh. “Well, you are famous. I can't exactly say 'hey, let's exchange numbers so we can hang out again.'”

It was his turn to let out a laugh. “Me being famous doesn't mean much. I'm still a human, and I would love to hang out with you again, and maybe even again after that.”

My cheeks burned as I felt giddy inside, keeping calm on the exterior. “So basically, you would like my number?” I asked, grinning.

With a smile, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, pushed a few buttons and handed it to me. “I would, if you would like to go ahead and put it in.” I grabbed his phone, feeling this inner burst of electricity when my hand grazed his. After I typed my number in, I handed the device back to him. “Awesome. I'll give a call or shoot a text.” He smiled.

I returned the smile. “Alright. Have a good night, and thanks again.”

He nodded and walked away. I bolted right for my room where I couldn't contain my excitement anymore. I let out a squeal as I flopped onto my bed, my dog jumping up next to me. After I let out the built up excitement, I went to take a shower, and went to bed, smiling the whole time until it hit me. This couldn't be love at first sight, and if it was starting to turn that way, I couldn't let it go on. My mind wandered back to the first time I fell in love at first sight, and how I was still trying to pull my heart back together.

“Fuck,” I cursed to myself as I laid against my pillows, stroking my dog's head. “No, it's not love at first sight. He's very nice, but he's famous, he couldn't date someone like me. We'll just be friends, and I have nothing against that. I'm leaving in a few weeks, and he'll probably forget about me after that.” I groaned, knowing I'd have to come clean to him soon. “I guess I'll play this by ear.” I shifted to get comfortable and soon drifted into a restful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, newish story. Like I said in the description, this is a re-write, because the other one bothered me, so I wanted to make it better and maybe attract more readers.

Please, comment, subscribe, and if you like it enough, feel free to whore it if you'd like. Thanks for reading, and I hope you come to enjoy this story, because I plan to put a lot more work into this using my personal experiences with military life.