Planes, Houses and Relationships

Alone

Luna's POV

I watched Lexia walk away, and a true feeling of abandonment overcame me. I was alone with no one to turn to. What had I become? I let my mind go absent and just began to walk, didn't know where, and I didn't care either. I just needed to walk, that's all I knew.

It was starting to get dark and my stomach was rumbling a little, so I entered a small diner nearby and sat in a booth. The waitress approached me and took my order, soon after she continued to stand there and eye me curiously.

"What's wrong darl? You seem a little down." She asked me, chewing a piece of gum absently.

"Heh, you don't wanna know." I replied, stretching a little and looking out the window, trying to avoid further conversation.

"Well, try me. It's a slow night, I'll go and take your order to the chef, and I'll be back out to listen to what you have that's troubling you. It's always best to get it out, and some people feel better to talk about personal things with a complete stranger than a familiar face. A stranger won't judge as easily as a friend." She smiled and I nodded and sighed in defeat.

"Okay, I'll be here." I responded as she walked through the swinging kitchen door.

While I was sitting in the booth in solitude, I reached for my phone and cycled through my numbers. I stopped on Aiden's number and had a mental battle with myself on whether to call or not. Part of me wanted to try and sort everything out, yet the other part knew that Aiden needed this break, and it would help everything settle for the better. I placed my phone back into my pocket as a sign of defeat.

A few minutes later, the waitress came back out, and brought two super milkshakes for them to drink, while I told her what was troubling me, I suppose.

"These are on the house, ice-cream and chocolate always makes someone feel better." She smiled and sat opposite me.

"Thanks," I said as I took a sip from my milkshake, only to find it was one of the best milkshakes I had ever experienced.

"Nice?" She smiled as she awaited my answer.

"God yes! Who ever made this is incredible!"

"That's our chef/ owner of the place, Jimmy. He's won awards for his skills in cooking."

"It's easy to say why." I smiled and placed the half empty glass on the table.

"My name is Kylie by the way, what's yours?" She asked me.

"Luna," I responded, shaking her hand gently.

"Now what's on your mind, hunny?"

"Well, when I finish my story, your opinion of me may not be as positive as it right now, just warning you," I took a deep breath to re-collect my thoughts, trying to think of how to start my story.

She nodded silently, not taking her eyes off me, which made me feel a little odd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finished telling her my story, the look on her face was hard to read, it looked like sympathy, shock, anger and something else I couldn’t quite read.

“So your shrink put you back onto the old medication?” She asked me eventually.

“Yea, I didn’t ever want to take the stuff again. I can never forgive my self for what I did to her, and I am not sure if she will ever forgive me.” I sighed in a saddened way, standing up by habit to go and grab my prepared meal when Kylie told me to sit down and that she’d bring it over. I did as I was told, and she set it down in front of me.

“I finish work in a half hour so did you wanna go out and do something then?” She asked me whilst heading back to the kitchen.

“Uh… Sure I guess.” I agreed and I saw a smile on her face, that made something inside jolt. I coughed a little from that reaction before eating my meal.