Missing Persons

Chapter 1

July 1887

Creak….creak ….creak, went the legs of the rocking chair that the young boy sat upon. His eyes hungry with longing, and wanting. The rocking chair in a puddle of blood.

December 1908

I’ll never forget Leslie Askew, the most infamous serial killer of my time.
I’m Inspector Killsby and I was the unfortunate one to be handed this case. Let me take you back to when it all began, on February 21st 1906.

I had just been promoted to Inspector, and I knew that it was time for me to handle something real.
“Sir, your paper.”

“Thank you Tom.”

“You’re welcome. That’s the fifth one to go missing this week, sir. Do you think they’ll find her? They said she left for town and never came back.”

“Well Tom only time will tell”.
I’d picked up my paper and read the missing persons section in the Times;

BLASKET SNATCHED
FROM STREET

Yet another woman it seemed. Oh well, as soon as whoever gets given this case finds them, this shall all be over.

***

“Inspector Killsby?”

“Present sir.”

“I'm handing you the case of the missing persons. I trust you can handle it? I think this will be real enough for you, so here it is.” retorted the sheriff, clearly amused.
Delightful, I thought. I ask for something real, like a case on the dead and I get this. I guess you could say I got more than I bargained for with this one.

I looked at the victim board, searching for connections between them. But no luck that I need

I went through the old papers the next day to see if something like this had happened before, and what I came across looked to me like an unfinished case, a murder I suspected had gone cold. Two middle aged upper class citizens, man and woman, found mutilated in their home. What appeared odd to me was that there was a boy, who had survived. This boy was still out there. I told myself that I must find this kid, who would be in his 20’s by now, and this would open this case wide open if we found him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I accept constructive criticism, so if you have any ideas oh how to make it better, don't be afraid to speak up! :)