Status: In progress

She Quenched My Thirst

I'm a vampire?

The pain started to fade. It started at my fingertips then slowly moved through the rest of my body until the fire was only in the back of my throat.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a bedroom. I looked down at myself and I was still fully dressed an other than that pain in my throat I didn't feel anything. I looked out the window and saw it saw nighttime.

But it looked perfectly clear as if it was day. I turned around again because I heard footsteps coming closer to me. Standing in front of me was the man from the alley. "What did you do to me?" I asked in a quiet musical voice.

It scared me temporarily but I quickly got over it. "I changed you into a vampire." I was quiet as I took that in. I looked from him to the window. He thought I was thinking of leaving and he moved in front of the window incredibly fast. "I wasn't going to leave."

"You must be very thirsty." He said stepping closer to me. When he said that I remembered that the back of my throat was burning and it was starting to hurt.

"I wasn't until you said that." I muttered as he chuckled.

"Well then let's find you someone to drink."

"What?" I asked.

"You’re a vampire, you drink blood. Now let's see who we can get you." He walked around me and out of the room. We left the large house that seemed to be on an island. I watched as he gracefully jumped up into the tree. I was skeptical but I jumped and somehow ended up in the tree next to him.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Riley" He told me. We jumped to the next few trees and then to the roof of a building. We went from roof to roof for a while then he stopped and point down into an alley. I could see a group of drunk guys stumbling around like idiots. I jumped down and silently landed behind them.

One turned around and said/slurred “Hey babe. You need some help with something?" I nodded and motioned for him to come closer. He drunk friends laugh as he stumbled to me. I pulled him down and quickly bit his vein. He was about to scream but all that came out was a gurgle. I quickly drained him and turned to his friends who were wide eyed and scared. They tried to run but Riley there to stop them.

There were three left after I drank the first one dry. I grabbed one other and killed him too. Riley motioned for me to take the third one. He just finished the other one. I quickly drank him dry and the burn in my throat felt a lot better.

“Come on we have to get rid of these bodies. He picked up three of the bodies and I threw the last one over my shoulder. We ran for a little bit and stopped at a dumpster. I watched as he dropped the bodies inside. I did the same thing and step back as he grabbed a can of gasoline. He poured the gas around inside then drop the can in.

He lit a match and told me to climb up to the top of the building. I quickly climbed up and he followed me. When we got to the top he threw the match into the dumpster and pulled us back. There was a small boom then I smelt smoke. I looked down and the dumpster had exploded.

“Let’s get you back to the house.”

“Will you explain what it’s like to be a vampire?”

“Well the basic rules are to get back to the house before the sun comes up or you will burn like you did when you were changed and you will die. Second always dispose of the people you killed. And only go for people who won’t come up missing on T.V. or in newspapers. And lastly try not to get killed. The others are aggressive but keep yourself alive and don’t kill any of the other vampires.”

“How do you kill a vampire?” I asked.

“You burn them. Oh and if you get a body par ripped off lick it to coat it in venom the reattach it.” I was silent as we reached another house in the woods.

I could hear the booming base of video games from the basement.
“There are more?” I asked as I stopped at the door. He nodded but continued in.
I was forced to follow him. We walked through the living room and the kitchen. He opened a door and the sound of the base got a lot louder.

We walked down stairs and I quickly surveyed the room. Some people looked up at me but they didn’t say anything. “Welcome home.”

He said then he turned to leave. I sighed and walked over to the couch. I wondered why no one was sitting there except for one guy sitting on the far end. But when I step close I found out. I knelt forward as I felt repulsed to be there. But I quickly sat on the couch and soon the feeling went away.

I heard some of the people talking about me. They tried to look in my direction but they never directly did. I glanced at the guys on the other side of the couch. I was guessing he was the reason I felt repulsed when I first walked over here.

“Hi. I’m Stella Maris.” He looked at me and said “Hi I’m Fred.”

"Did you make me feel repulsed when I came over here?”

“Yes. It’s my special ability. Not everyone has them.” I nodded and relaxed back into the couch. I looked around the room and saw there were some people still trying to look at me but they couldn’t.

“Would you mind if I stay here until I have to go out and feed?” I asked him. He shook his head and said “As long as you don’t start trouble.”