Status: In progress

She Quenched My Thirst

My ablility

I’ve been in this house for 5 months so far. People tell me that Riley likes me better than any of the others. That he treats me differently and nicer than anyone else. Well I was out hunting with Fred and two other vampires.

I ran off to the friendlier part of Seattle and I knew Fred was coming with me. We jumped from rooftop to rooftop until we got to the hospital.

I snuck in and stole 6 bags of human blood. I didn’t like killing people so I would come here sometimes and steal some.

Fred came too so I got him a few bags as well. I went back to him and gave him three of the bags. We sucked them dry and started to go back to the house.

But I wanted to stay out for a while longer. “Just get back before the sun comes up.” I nodded and went down to the park.

I sighed and though about being back me home in Texas. I missed it and I wanted to go back. But I knew they wouldn’t accept me as a vampire. And it’s mostly sunny down there.

I sighed again and found myself standing next to the lake. The water was rippling in the wind and it was hard to see my reflection. I found myself reaching forward and running my finger tip across the top.

The water stilled and I could see my reflection perfectly. My eyes widened and I step back. Now I did that for two reasons.

One was my reflection. I was extremely pale and my eyes were bright red. There wasn’t a single flaw on my face.

The second reason I jumped was the water shouldn’t have stilled when I touched it. I looked at the lake and concentrated, and the water started to rise. I gasped and the water fell back into the lake.

I looked around to see if anyone was around. The only person there was a homeless guy sitting on a bench. People wouldn’t believe him if he told anybody. I turned back to the lake and tried again. I held my hand out and I could feel the water start to rise.

I was able to form a water ball between my hands. I smiled that I had an ability. And if I could practice it I could be very powerful. But I couldn’t do it know because the sun would come up soon.

I quickly ran back to the house but on the way there I stole a small water bottle from a store and filled it in the sink of the house. I walked down stairs and leaned on the wall near one the T.V.

Raoul looked up at me and asked “What’s that?”
“A water bottle.”
“OK. Why do you have it? You don’t drink water. Is that blood?” He asked looking at me suspiciously.
“Does it smell like blood?”
“No. It smells like water. Why do you have it?”
“Because I want it.” I said turning away from him. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around “Now I want it.” He told me.

He held out his hand to me and two of the people in his gang stood behind him to back him up. I could feel the whole room’s eyes on us.

“Ok here you go.” I twisted the cap off the top and let me instincts control what I did next. I moved the water out of the bottle and smacked the three of them with it.
It knocked them against the far wall.

I exhaled lightly and the water froze. So now the three of them were pinned to the wall by ice. I wasn’t letting them down until I had to because they would either come after me or kill some other person.

I went to sit next to Fred and he looked surprised. “You have a power.”

“Yep, I can control water. If I can practice I could probably control a lot of things. All living things have water so if I can control water I can see I can be very powerful.”

“Yeah just don’t let that power go to your head.”

“I won’t” We watched as some of the other vampires tried to get them down. But apparently it was indestructible. They tried to melt it with their lighters, and tried to crack it with their fist, but none of it worked. After a while they stopped trying and just left the three of them up there.
A few hours later Riley walked down stairs and saw them up there. He was completely shocked. “How did you three get up there?” He asked.

“Stella did this. And we can’t get down.” Raoul said.

“We tried melting it and tried to crush it.” The guy on his right said.

“But nothing worked. It’s indestructible” The one on his left said.

“You said Stella did this?” They nodded.
“Then why didn’t you ask her to let you down?” They opened and closed their mouths like fish out of water before they started calling my name.

Riley looked like his was trying not to laugh.

I got up and walked or to them. “Yes?” I asked.

“Let us down now.” Raoul said.

“No” I said. “Say it nicely.” I said enjoy every minute of this and made sure it showed on my face. I smiled at Riley who was now laughing.

“Riley tell her to let us down.” The guy on Raoul’s left (Kevin) said.
“You heard her guys ask nicely.” He was enjoying this as much as I was. They looked at each other Kevin and the other guys started apologize and beg like crazy. I looked like I was thinking about it, then the water melted and those to fell to the ground.

Raoul hadn’t said anything yet. “Well Raoul is there anything you want to say to me?” I asked.
“I’m sorry.” He said between clenched teeth.
“What was that? Could you say that a little louder?” I said
“I’M SORRY!!!” He yelled.

I smiled and let him down. When he was on the floor he said “Take it.”

I was confused but I felt someone snatch the water bottle from my belt loop and then Raoul said “Let’s see if you can fight without your water.” And he sprang at me.

I dodged him and grabbed his jacket and threw him across the room. I ran next to him and dug my nails into his arm.

I ripped it off as he screamed in pure agony. “Give me one go reason I shouldn’t kill you know?”
This is when Riley decided to speak up.

“Because we might need him later. But I want to talk to you now Stella. Raoul pull yourself together.” He started to walk upstairs.

I turned and held my hand out to Kevin who was clutching my water bottle. He quickly gave it back in fear I might rip him apart too. He was smarter than he looked.
Then I went up to find Riley. He was standing in the kitchen looking out the window. “You have a very powerful gift.” He said.

“I know that. I know if I can practice enough I can get really good.” He nodded and said “I want to get something for you. Come on.” I followed him out into the night.

We stopped at a supplies store that sold thing for hiking. We broke in and he took the largest water canteen they had and handed it to me. I smiled and said “Thanks. Now let’s go hunting I’m thirsty.” We quickly left the store and made our way back to the shadier part of Seattle.

We saw a gang of about 6 people sitting in the alleyway drinking. We stood near the entrance of the alley and I motioned for Riley to wait. I started to use my powers to make them walk over here. Riley smiled as we knocked them out.

“That was amazing.” He told me as we finished drinking. I nodded as I started to pick up my share of the bodies.

“Don’t worry. I’ll clean up here.” I dropped the bodies and started to go back to the house. I filled the canteen in the kitchen sink and walked down stairs to face the other rabid newborn vampires.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my last chapter for tonight