Status: In progress

She Quenched My Thirst

Meeting Bree/ Figuring things out

Well I’ve been in this house for two more months.

I noticed a small girl started sitting behind Fred and me.
“What’s your name?” I asked her. She seemed alarmed that I talked to her.

“Bree.” She said quietly.

“How long have you been back there?” I asked.

“I don’t know. About 3 months.”

“Oh. You do not like fighting with the others do you?” She shook her head.
I turned because Riley came down stairs.

He told us that Kevin, Diego, Bree and some blonde kid could go hunting.
“See you later Bree.” I smiled to her. I waited a while longer before going outside.

Riley allowed me to go out every night to practice my ability. Now I could control the water in as many humans as I want at one time, pull water out of humid air, out water out of plants, and control the venom in vampires’ systems. It’s easier to control a vampire if they just fed because I could control the fresh blood inside of them. I was now practicing how to make a complete shield around my body.

I walked to the pond in the park and sat at the edge. I curled into a ball. And concentrated I could feel the water start to rise. It started to surround me and I exhaled to make it freeze. I smiled at my work and let it melt.

I stood up and tried to make it move with me. I work for a few more hours then started to go home. I don’t think of the house of newborns as a home, but it’s the only place I have.

On the way there I thought about what Riley has told us about being a vampire. He said the Hollywood vampires are what we are.

Like vampires that sleep in coffins at night, get killed with a wooden stake through our hearts, holy water and being burned and killed by the sun.

Well if the coffin thing was true those vampires must be really bored because we don’t sleep. At when some of my victims tried to fight back I never felt any of the punches, or nails were they tried to scratch me.

I was like my ice. Indestructible. So with that I guessed the holy water wasn’t true either.
But I was still iffy about the sun. Riley didn’t go out in the sun either.
But I was going to find out. The house was completely gone. Burned down and destroyed. I sighed and started to look for their scent.

But the sun was coming up to I went under a shady tree and sat down. I knew I would have to move as the shade moved. I sat back and closed my eyes. I stayed like that and got lost in my thoughts when I opened my eyes I saw the shade was now on the other side of the tree.
I jumped up shocked and waited for the burn. But it never came.

I quickly calculated about how long it would take the sun to move directly in front of me. I must have been sitting here for about 12 hours and 35 minutes but I was still here.
Instead of burning I was sparkling. I use the water in my canteen to make a mirror. I looked at myself and would have been blinded if I were human. My skin reflected the light like crystals were underneath the top layer of skin.

The light was colored and bended then when I put my mirror up to my face it reflected it again. Know that I found out the sun wouldn’t kill me I wondered why Riley lied to us.

Well if the sun wouldn’t hurt us then most of us would come back. So Riley wanted all of us to stay and found a way to make sure of it. So if he wanted us to stay there was a reason. It must have something to do with this “Her” that everyone talks about.

Apparently I was the only person Riley changed and that’s why he is nicer to me. Everyone else was changed by her. Well everyone is under one year old and incredibly strong. If you really thought about it we could be some kind of army. But you wouldn’t need an army unless you had an enemy.

But it was probably “Her” who needed the protection. She has yet to introduce herself and she is keeping herself hidden. I looked around again and the sun had gone completely down. Now I had to go find the new house.

We moved once before. It was crazy but I stay near the front with Riley. We got to this house and everyone quickly ran down stairs to claim a spot in the basement.

I went to find the scent of the crowd of newborns. It shouldn’t be too hard. I just have to find the path of destruction and the scent of about 20 newborns.