Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

one

I sat on my bed, waiting on the rain to stop so I could go bug my parents. They had just come back from a vacation, and had brought some old friends back with them. Apparently, my momma is playing matchmaker, as usual, because twenty-four year old Baylee totally needs a man.

Ms. Baylee Best does NOT need a man. I am perfectly happy being single, and flirting with any guy who catches my eye at Electric Cowboy. That being said, my momma is pretty, um...fierce in her suggestions, which is fine I suppose.

“Eh, fuck it,” I muttered as I threw on a jacket and lifted up the hood. I took off running out of the garage apartment I live in, and into my parent’s house.

“Ah, there she is now,” Momma said as I slid inside the front door.

“Yep, Ms. Baylee is here now, party!” I exclaimed, and laughed. Everyone thinks I’m crazy, I swear.

“Baylee, this is Caleb Anderson, and his parents Debbie and Ryan.”

I quirked an eyebrow as I gave Caleb a stare down. He was hot, don’t get me wrong, but he was hot in an Abercrombie model way….not the type of man I like. I like tattoo/pierced men, and true blue southern men.

“So…is this another attempt to get me married off, momma?”

She laughed out loud, “Yes, honey, it is. I mean, look at him.”

I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Well, Baylee, would you like to go out to dinner with me?” Caleb finally asked, smirking at me.

I internally sighed, “Sure, why not?”

“Alright. Is tomorrow night okay?” he asked.

Tomorrow is Friday. Shit, that’s my night out with my best friend Crystal.

“Um, well, I’m not sure.”

“Baylee!” Daddy reprimanded.

“Daddy, that’s my night out with Crys.”

He gave me a pointed look.

“Alright, is tomorrow night around seven okay?”

“Sounds great,” Caleb replied, and then he gave me his number before he left with his parents.

“He’s hot, Baylee, plus he’s got money, which doesn’t matter, but he could give you a life that your dad and I couldn’t.”

“We will see momma. He is hot, but you know how I like my men.”

She snorted, “Yes, you like them either covered in tattoos and piercings like uhh, what’s his name?”

“Zacky Vengeance?” I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

“Yeah, like him or straight up southern like Jason Aldean or one of those other country singers.”

“Yep, exactly. Well, did ya’ll have fun on your trip?”

“Yeah, it was amazing,” Momma gushed.

I got to sit around for a few hours with them, just chatting. My parents are originally from Calhoun, Georgia, but moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee when I was two years old. They always go for a few days to spend time with friends because even though it’s about an hour or so away, they’re usually busy with work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, concerns?
Drop me a comment.