Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

nineteen

The next morning when I turned my phone back on, I had a ton of missed calls and texts from Zacky.

I sighed as I texted him back and told him to come get me. I got ready and I went down to the lobby to wait on him.

We ended up back at the beach, at the same spot we were at last night.

“Baylee, I’m extremely sorry about pushing myself on you,” he said, looking down at the sand.

“Zacky, I’m sorry for a being a bitch to you about it. I can’t lie, I do have feelings for you, but I’m not sure what to make of them. This is a terrible, awful situation.”

“I know, but I’m just asking for a chance….just one.”

I bit my lip, “Okay.”

“Please just…wait, okay?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

He laughed, and then kissed me hard.

“No one can know Zacky. This could blow up in our faces….”

“I know. No one will find out, I promise.”

Why did I feel like I was making the biggest mistake of my life?

That night, the three of us were on a plane home, and I was nervous about seeing Caleb. I felt like the biggest whore on the planet, and such a hypocrite. I mean, I had bitched Crystal out for being with Brian and here I am doing the same damn thing.

“Baby! I’m so glad you’re home,” Caleb said as I walked through the apartment door.

“I am too,” I smiled slightly. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. I couldn’t help but miss the feel of Zacky’s snake bites.

“So did you find a dress?”

“Yes, I did, and no you can’t see it. The girls found their bridesmaid dresses too.”

“Well, that’s good, and I wish I could see it, but I’m sure I will be in awe on the big day.”

“Well, of course you will. It’s beautiful.”

“Well, you’re beautiful anyway baby.”

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I knew it was Zacky.

Zacky I miss you BB.

Baylee I miss you too.

Zacky and I continued to have a conversation while I watched a movie with Caleb. That night, I cried myself to sleep because I just didn’t know how to feel. Caleb didn’t even notice that I was upset about anything.

The next morning, I went to have breakfast next door, and I overheard a conversation between Caleb and his dad, since everyone was over for breakfast.

“Dad, I have treated Baylee like crap sometimes, I don’t know how or why she’s even stayed with me,” Caleb said.

I was hiding out right beneath the stairs, and they didn’t even realize I was there.

“Really? I thought you were pretty good to her.”

“I am most of the time, but I can be a real jerk. I have flirted with girls at work before, not even noticing what I’m doing, and then I feel so guilty. I was a total asshole to her about the whole Crystal thing. I’m her fiancé. I should have been more understanding that she had just lost her best friend.”

“Son, things happen in life, and we just have to take it day by day. The thing is, you have realized how you have been treating her, and so what are you going to do about it?”

“I am going to start treating her better and not snapping at her when I’ve had a bad day at work. I am going to show her how much I love and totally appreciate her.”

“Well, great, I’m glad you are, because she’s a great catch, and I love her like a daughter.”

“Thanks dad, I love you.”

“Love you too son.”

I had stayed where I was, and then I came out when they were gone.

Well, this just makes me feel even more like shit. Thanks…..
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to try to finish up this story within the next few weeks.
:]