Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

twenty-nine

The next three weeks were crazier than I don’t know what. We did last minute things for the wedding so we wouldn’t have much to worry about come October.

I looked at I-pod, and clicked on my period tracker.

“Oh shit, you have got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed.

I immediately put on some shoes, and went to the store. I grabbed five pregnancy tests before making my way to the register.

The cashier gave me a dirty look.

“Excuse me, why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, pissed off.

“Another pregnancy that welfare will have to pay for,” she rudely replied.

“Psh, lady, I am engaged, and my fiancé is a lawyer. You need to shut your mouth. How much do I owe you so I can leave this fucking store?”

“$10.”

I handed her the money, got the change and my bag before I booked it out of the store.

When I got back home, I raced to the bathroom and took the first test.

“This is going to be the longest three minutes of my life.”

What the hell am I going to do if I’m pregnant? It could be Zacky’s or Caleb’s baby depending on how far along I am, or when I conceived. Whatever…however that works. Not to mention Zacky hates my fucking guts now. I could just play it off like the baby is Caleb’s…..but then what if it is Zacky’s? That wouldn’t be fair to him….and what if it looked like him?

The timer went off on my phone.

Pregnant.

“Holy shit,” I started crying. I’m such an idiot. I know there was only once or twice that Zacky and I didn’t use condoms, and Caleb and I always use them.

I thought about calling my mom. I wasn’t going to tell her I cheated on Caleb; no way in hell was I going to do that.

I sighed before picking up my phone and hitting two for my mom’s phone.

“Baylee?”

“Mom, I have a problem.”

“What?”

“I took a pregnancy test, and it’s positive.”

“Oh Baylee, that’s great.”

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, “Yeah, um, should I go ahead and make an appointment?”

“Yeah, and you should see if you could get in this week.”

“Okay.”

“Baylee, you will be fine. If Caleb can’t go, I can come with you.”

I bit my lip, “I kinda want to go by myself.”

“Oh, does he even know you suspected it?”

“No.”

“Baylee, you need to tell him.”

“I know, and I will soon, when the time is right.”

“Okay, well, I have to go.”

“Mkay, love you mom.”

“I love you too.”

I hung up with her, and called my gyno office. I got an appointment for the next day and 9:45. I really just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

I dread telling either one of them. I will have to tell Zacky. I can’t keep this from him. I just don’t know how since I burnt my bridge with him.

Fuck my life; I guess this is karma biting me in the ass.

“Crystal, why the hell aren’t you here to keep me the fuck out of trouble?” I asked, looking up.

“I seriously hope you’re having fun up there creating havoc with Jimmy. I know you probably are, and I know you’re watching over me. Please tell me what to do. I’m so lost. What have I gotten myself into?”

I took the other four tests, and hid them pretty well. I put my trash in the bottom of the bag. I then changed my clothes, and climbed into bed to rest.

The next morning, I woke up as Caleb was getting ready to leave for work.

“Baylee, go back to sleep. It’s too early for you to be up.”

I shrugged, “I need to get up anyway. I don’t need to sleep all the time anymore.”

“Okay, well, I’m leaving. I love you.” He kissed me on the cheek.

“I love you too.”

After he left, I got a shower and got ready. I looked in the mirror. I could tell my stomach looked a bit bigger but there was no way it’d be noticeable to anyone other than me.

It took me about twenty minutes to get to the office, and there were only a few cars in the parking lot. I really hoped this wouldn’t take forever.

I signed in, and took a seat. It was maybe ten minutes before they called me back. I had to pee in the damn cup, and then they took me back to prick my finger and take my blood pressure. They also weighed me, and did my height.

“Ms. Best, you’re iron and blood pressure look good. You are 123, and 5’3.”

I sighed.

“You can have a seat in the waiting room again, and they will call you back in a few minutes.”

I nodded, and walked back into the other room.

It didn’t take them long before they called my name. I followed the nurse back to a room. I got changed into the paper thing, and sat down on the table.

I was nervous to say the least, but when the doctor finally came into the room, I calmed down a bit.

An hour later, I was so tired of being poked and prodded. This was seriously annoying.

My due date is April 22, 2012. My conception date was the 31st of July, or that’s what the doctor told me. It’s Zacky’s baby, and I don’t know what I’m going to do now. I’m about six weeks now.

I’m not telling anyone else just yet. I’m so screwed.
My mom is still the only one who knows. I’ve started wearing baggie type clothing. I’m telling Caleb today, and I’m going to try to talk to Zacky.

I’m ten weeks today, Sunday, September 25th. Zacky isn’t going to believe me, and of course, Caleb will think it’s his unless he puts it all together.

I opened up my phone, and brought up Zacky’s name, before texting him.

Can you please call me? I really need to talk to you. I’m really sorry about how I hurt you.

I have nothing to say to you.

Zack…

Zack nothing. You made your decision. You chose Caleb. It’s over between us. The only reason I’m still coming to your wedding is because of Gena. Stop texting me.

My heart broke into pieces and I started crying again.

I heard the front door open. I wiped my tears and sucked in a breath.

“Caleb?” I called.

“Yeah?”

“I need to talk to you.”

He walked into the living room, and sat down next to me.

“I don’t want to drag this out. I’m pregnant.”

You could hear a pin drop in the house.

“YOU ARE?!” he exclaimed, immediately hugging me.

“Yeah.”

“How far along?”

“About three months, I think.”

“Oh this is so great.”

I smiled, “Glad you think so.”

“What are we doing about the wedding?”

I shrugged, “Nothing. I just need to get my dress altered more.”

“Okay, who all can we tell?” he asked.

I laughed, “Just family right now.”

He nodded, “Sounds good to me.”

This is awful. He thinks it’s his baby, why am I doing this to him? I’m going to hell. Seriously.

We started calling family members and all that to tell them the news. They were happy for us. Caleb told me we were going to go a couple of days earlier to California so I could get my dress altered and spend some time with the girls.

I’m going to have to try to talk to Zacky. I have to try again. I should have never told him it was over. I love him more than I love Caleb and this baby will always be a reminder of him.

The twenty-seventh got here fast. I’m actually at the dress shop now, getting it altered. I haven’t told the girls yet. We’re having a party tonight, and I guess we’re going to tell everyone then.

I’m scared. I don’t know how Zacky is going to react, or if he’s going to put two and two together.

“Okay, it looks like your dress fits, so I will see you on Saturday.”

I smiled, “Thanks Jen.”

Caleb pulled up to the store after I texted him, and I got into the car.

“All good?”

“Yep, just a few changes.”

“Good. We’re going back to the hotel and then to Matt and Val’s.”

I nodded, and when we got back to the hotel I changed into a different outfit. I put on some jeans with elastic, and then a brown flowy shirt and then put on some flats. Caleb let me know he was ready, and we headed to the party.

“Yay, the couple is here!” Val exclaimed as we walked into the house.

She started to hand me a drink, but I shook my head.

“No drink?” she asked, looked down at my stomach and then at me.

“Are you?”

I laughed, “Am I what?”

“Prego?”

I shrugged and smirked at her, “When everyone settles down, we’re going to tell them.”

“Oh my god, this is awesome!”

Val took it upon herself to gather everyone into the living room.

“What’s up?” Brian asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Uh, so, we’re gonna have a baby in April,” I said, biting my lip.

“Congratulations, that’s amazing.”

I took a chance and looked at Zacky. He looked so heartbroken. I have to tell him. I saw him sneak out of the house, and I told Caleb I’d be back in a minute.

“Zacky?” I whispered, sitting next to him.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you having a baby with him?”

I shook my head, “I’m not.”

“What?” he looked thoroughly confused.

“Remember that night I got here, and we were drunk in the bathroom?”

He about dropped his drink and looked at me wide-eyed, “the baby is mine?”

I nodded and sighed.

“Holy shit…this is what you were trying to talk to me about that day you texted me.”

“Yeah, I was ten weeks, and now I’m fourteen weeks and four days.”

“What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know Zack.”
“Are you absolutely positive it’s not Caleb’s?”

“I’m quite sure, but when the baby is born, you can take a DNA test if you want. It’s not going to offend me. I have to tell Caleb sometime. I just….what am I going to do? We have fucked up in the worst way possible.”

“Yeah, I know what I want to do and what I have to do. I have to leave Gena. When we were texting that day, Gena and I were fighting. She’s really awful BB. She’s not the person you think she is, and not the person I for sure thought she was.”

“How so?”

“She’s been taking my credit cards without me knowing about it, and going off on wild shopping sprees. I know we make money, but we’re not extremely, extremely rich. It’s ridiculous.”

I blew my hair from my face, “By Saturday, I will figure something out.”

“Okay, I will too, because if you don’t, I will stand up when they ask if anyone has any objections, and I will have you Baylee. I know this has been back and forth, but damn it, I love you. I will divorce Gena to be with you, but you have to leave Caleb. I can’t do this running behind people’s back anymore. It’s not right, and it’s not fair to the people we care about.”

“Alright, I understand.”

With that last sentence, Zacky left me out on the patio.

Little did I know, we weren’t alone, and I would soon find out how quick shit can hit the fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like shit today.
:[

I hope there are no typos or anything, I've looked over it so many times trying to decide if I wanted to post it or not.