Status: Being Revised. Thoughts and Opinions are always welcomed

Alone

Alone

"MUTE WITH A HANGOVER!" That's what Zachy yells as I run to the bathroom and throw up. Although I'm sure I hadn't drank that much the night before.

I hear a slapping sound, then hear Bianca yelling at Zachy calling him an idiot. I smile at that. I take a shower, and when I'm done I go back out with the others.

"So, Kirsten how do you feel?" Zachy asked with a sly smile. Bianca hit him upside his head as I sat down beside Leo.

I nodded to all of them, then it was quiet. I played with my hands, not knowing what to do. This was the first time I had ever experienced an awkward silence with them.

"Soooooooo." Zachy finally said.

"We could go to the park." Leo suggested. Everyone agreed and we got ready to head out.

I so desperately wanted to bring Bubba, but I didn't want the others to find out, so I would just have to take him another time.

We all piled in to Bianca's car and drove off to the park. Once there we all got out of the car and walked through the entrance of the park. Although I had been here before, I always find it more beautiful then the time before.

We walked for a little while. Them just talking, and me listening. I would shake my head on whether I agreed or not with what they were saying.

I was nodding to Leo about something, and I wasn't watching where I was going, so I bumped into someone.

I quickly turned around, and stared at the girl I bumped into. She looked to be about the same age as me. I looked her up and down. Her eyes were glazed over, so instead of being a dark blue, they were the lightest blue I had ever seen. I looked to her hands to see a walking cane. The girl in front of me was blind.

She was fixing her self from the bump. I elbowed Zachy, telling him with my eyes to apologize for me.

"Sorry." was all he said. I rolled my eyes, but hoped the girl took the apology.

"I would accept the apology, if it was from the right person." My eyes went wide.

"I may be blind put I can see colors, and each person has a different color. The person who said they were sorry does not have the same color as the person who bumped into me." Her face went in different directions for a moment as if she was looking for something.

Then her glazed eyes landed on me, and she actually pointed towards me with her cane.

"You are the one who bumped into me. I would like you to apologize." I looked toward the others, and Bianca stepped forward.

"I'm sorry, but she can't. She's mute." The girl put her cane down and nodded.

"Very well then." She put her cane to the ground and started walking. She walked towards me and stopped when her cane tapped my toe.

She stuck her hand out in mid-air and began talking again.

"Hello, my name is Audrey." I slowly grabbed her hand, and began to shake.

"Her names Kirsten." Bianca said.

"Nice to meet you Kirsten." I nodded.

She turned away from me, and started walking toward the others. When her cane hit Bianca's foot she stopped again.

"Hello." She held her hand out again, and this time Bianca took it and said her name. Audrey repeated this two more times introducing herself to Leo and Zachy, and they introduced themselves to her as well.

"If you're blind how do you know what colors are?" Bianca elbowed Zachy and he gave a howl of pain. Audrey laughed and raised her hand, signaling it was okay.

She walked herself over to the nearest bench, and sat down. We followed and sat with her. Bianca and I on either side of her, and Leo and Zachy were on the ground.

"I wasn't always blind Zachy, I was in an accident when I was 10. So I know what things are, and what they look like." Zachy nodded.

"May I ask what the accident was?" Bianca said.

"Well, my class had gone on a field trip to this science place. We were there to look at the different types of science. We were in the Chemistry part of the science place, and one of the workers were doing an experiment, and one of the kids knocked me into the guy who was doing the experiment, and he fell and chemicals went flying everywhere. I was standing up from being pushed, and I didn't know that chemicals were flying everywhere, so I didn't close my eyes, some of the more toxic chemicals got into my eyes, I blacked out from it all the minute the chemicals hit my eyes. I woke up a day later, and the doctors told me I was blind. That's the story." We were all quiet for a minute. Then Zachy, being Zachy said something incredibly stupid.

"Was the field trip fun before the accident?" We all slapped him, and he laughed. I looked to Audrey and she was laughing as well.

"No, not really, I have never been one for science." Zachy nodded agreeing with her. I looked at the time, and saw that it was noon. Perfect timing, because my stomach started growling.

I grabbed Leo and showed him the time. He nodded and got up. I got up with him and stretched.

"Who's hungry?" Everyone raised their hand.

"Would you like to join us Audrey?" Bianca asked.

"Sure, as long as it isn't a bother."

"Not at all." Audrey got up, and we all got up, and headed back to the entrance of the park.

"Where to?" Bianca asked, as she got into the drivers seat.

"How about that cafe that's by the campus?" Leo suggested. They all agreed, and Bianca started driving there.

"Okay everyone out!" Zachy yelled, once we were at the coffee shop. I sighed but got out.

Once we entered the coffee shop we got a big booth, then looked at the menus.
I wrote down what I wanted, and passed it to Leo.

"Would someone read me what the food choices are?" Audrey asked. Bianca was closest so she did.

"Okay, thank you very much Bianca." Bianca nodded then we waited for the waitress.
___________________

"I'll give you a ride home Audrey, if you need one." Bianca said to Audrey. Audrey nodded her thanks.

The campus was close enough that Zachy, Leo, and I could walk.

"Good-bye Audrey." Leo and Zachy said giving her a hug. I gave a small wave knowing that she probably didn't see it.

"Good-bye to you too Kirsten." I nodded then we all went our ways.

"I liked her." Zachy said after a little while. Leo and I both nodded our agreement.

"We are gonna have to hang out with her again." Leo said.

We nodded, and finished our walk. Leo walked me to my room, and I hugged him my thanks. He said good night then went to his own room.

I then went inside and went to bed.