Status: Being Revised. Thoughts and Opinions are always welcomed

Alone

Alone

I woke to a breeze chilling my legs. I pulled the blanket closer to me, trying to gain all the warmth that it provided for me.

I felt another heat source beside me so I scooted closer to the source. I wanted the warmth that was radiating from the source.

I couldn't comprehend what the source was. All I knew that it was warm, soft, and I could easily cozy up to it and still be quite comfortable.

I was dozing off again when my heat source started moving. Then I felt something embrace me. I then felt a hard and muscular chest.

I finally opened my eyes fully to come face to chest. My eyes trailed up the chest to the sleeping face of Leo.

As much as I didn't want to move, or wake him I knew I had too. We both had school today.

I slowly got out of Leo's embrace and shook him awake. He stirred a little then opened his eyes. He gave me a lazy smile and gave a loud yawn.

He sat up and started stretching I got up as well. I refolded the blanket and laid it on the chair. I looked towards Leo to see that he was looking over the side of the building.

I went to stand by him,. I looked down and saw students walking around the school grounds below. None of them bothered to peer up and see two bed headed students looking down upon them, which was probably a good thing.

"C'mon Kirsten let's go. If we don't hurry we will be late to our first class." I nodded and followed him off the roof.

He walked me to my dorm then left for his own.

I walked in and stopped and listened. It was quiet. No one was here. They were gone. I sighed and headed to my room so I could grab the things I would need for a shower.

I went to the bathroom and turned the water on. After it was at the right temperature for me I started undressing myself.

I took off the long clothing that I always wore. The only clothes I would let myself wear. When I was fully nude I stepped in front of the body length mirror that they had in the bathroom.

I looked up and down at my body. Scars, scratches, burns, and any other possible way of damage you think would leave some trace of marking was on my body.

I looked at my body disgusted. It was horrible to look at. There was nothing pretty there. The only thing that didn't have marks on it was my face, even then my eyes stilled showed some of the pain that I had.

Never beautiful I thought to myself.

I finally looked away from the mirror too disgusted to look any longer. I slowly stepped into the shower and washed myself. I always had to be careful. My body still ached if you pressed down too hard on a scar.

Once I was finished I looked at the time. I had missed my first two classes.

I quickly grabbed my bag and left. I would be just in time for my third class if I ran.

I entered my anatomy class quietly. The bell was ringing as I had entered the class. I had this class with Zachy.

I looked around and saw him in his usual spot. I sighed and went to my seat that was right beside him.

As I sat down he said nothing. Just kept looking straight, waiting for the teacher to start talking.

I had never seen Zachy like this. He had no trace of happiness on his face. All I could see was nothing. It was completely blank. It's probably what I looked like most of the time.

I sighed to myself and started listening to the teacher, as he droned on about things that I had no interest in.

When anatomy was over I had lunch, which I skipped. Instead I spent the 30 minutes of my lunch period in the library. I was thinking up ideas for the extra credit project I had for my art class.

By the end of lunch I had no ideas whatsoever and I felt at a total loss. I packed up my notes from earlier ideas and headed to my speech class.

Don't ask how I handled this class because it was very difficult. My teacher knew I was mute, and he gave me no "special treatment" as he says. So instead of passing a mandatory class that helps me get into a good college, I am failing the horrible class.

On my way to speech I ran into Chris. He walked me the rest of the way to our class. Yes we had this class together.

We took our seats and when the bell rang Mr. Sims immediately began talking about what our next speech would be. Persuasive speeches.

This is one class I paid attention in and did the work in so I could at least get graded on participation and in class work. Those though were only small grades compared to the actual speech, they did help a little.

One good thing about this class was that Mr.Sims LOVED Chris and when ever he did something special for him he would try and make him also give it to the whole class which in the end helped me move my grade up little by little.
____________________

When school was over with I quickly went home grabbed Bubba and headed to the park. I wanted to get away from everything for the rest of the day.

So I took Bubba to a more secluded area of the park and we played around there for as long as I was willing to hold out.

But sooner or later a complication comes along and you have to do something to fix it. Our complication ended up being our stomachs. We were both hungry.

We headed home then. I sneaked Bubba back into the dorm and got us both some food.

I didn't see my roommates once, which probably meant they were out.

When I went to sleep that night I had a new nightmare. This one wasn't like all the others it was very different.