Status: Hiatus

Catch Me When I Fall

New Year

I let out a soft sigh and kept rubbing Ally’s back as she cried on my shoulder. Diana, who sat right in front of me, only could look down and shove the cookies to her mouth. We’ve been sitting here in my room for almost 2 hours. When I got home from San Fran yesterday, they were already asleep, and when I woke up this morning, they were already out for their morning run, leaving me alone in the apartment. And when they got back, Ally went straight to clean herself and Diana told me that Ally needed to talk. And now, here we are. I rubbed Ally’s back as she cried her eyes out, “I couldn’t believe it. I thought he would come back to me and sweep me back into his arms. But the truth is, he didn’t. He just watched me leave without any hesitation to chase after me.” She said in between her tears.

“He’s dumb, Ally. He’s so dumb for letting you go like that.” Diana said and shoved another cookie into her mouth. I grabbed a cookie from the jar and shoved into my mouth as well.

“He was gone for 2 weeks and didn’t try to do anything to contact you. Did he lose his mind?! I couldn’t believe that he let you go that easily.” I said and shook my head in disbelief.

“Yeah. We all have watched how you and Aaron’s friendship grow into a relationship. You and Aaron were best friend and you two just made such a cute and great couple. Hell, even Emma, Sierra, and the others have been dying to find a guy like him and have a relationship like you and him. You guys were just… Perfect for each other.” Diana added, making Ally to cry harder, and I shot her a look, “Hey, I’m just telling the truth. I was right, wasn’t I?” She defended.

“I hate seeing you like this, Ally.” I told her as I pulled her back so I could see her face. She wiped the tears with the back of her hand and looked at me, “You’ve sacrificed everything for him. You’re the one who always call him when he hadn’t called you for days or weeks. You’re the one who always ask him to go somewhere and have a quality time together. Hell, even you’re the one who always say sorry first even though it’s not your fault! What has he given to you? A bouquet of roses? Oh yeah, it happened once when you’re hospitalized and it was Emma’s idea! A box of chocolate? Of course not! That thing would only kill you instead of making you happy.” I sighed in frustration, “I just don’t get how his brain works. I’m sorry if my words hurt you, but I’m just trying to say what’s in my head that you deserve to know. You can’t keep doing it all the time, Ally. You can’t.” I said softly at her.

Ally took a few deep breaths and calmed herself, “You’re right, El. I have sacrificed everything for him. The only thing he’d given to me was… what? His heart? Bullshit. I don’t really think he’s given his heart completely to me. He’s such a big flirt, even bigger than Logan.” She said and I chuckled slightly. I glanced at the clock that’s hanging above the door and my eyes widened.

“Oh shit.” I jumped off of my bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. As I grabbed, it rang. I knew who it was so I didn’t have to look at the caller I.D, “Hey.” I answered the call as I dashed off to my closet to find something to wear, making Ally and Diana to send me odd look.

“Hey, I’ll be there in 20 minutes. Do you mind if we stop by at James’ house before going to the resto? He’s having a party tonight and I’m pretty sure that we can’t get there when it starts so I think we should stop by at his house for a while, talk with him, and you know…” He trailed off.

“Oh, okay. That’s fine.” I said as I grabbed my jeans and a shirt from the closet then walked out so I could put it on my bed, “Do you think James would mind if Ally and Diana come to his party? You know, I don’t wanna leave them alone in the apartment at a New Year’s Eve like this.” I said to the phone and my two best friends gave me an odd look.

“I think he wouldn’t mind.” He said shortly, “I think I just have to hang up now. I have to let you change your clothes and such…”

“Yeah, you’re right.” I chuckled and almost tripped on the carpet, “So… I’ll see you in a bit, Kendall.”

“Okay. Later, Ella.” He said before hanging up the phone. I threw my phone to the bed and Ally caught it. I grinned innocently at her as I started to change my clothes in front of my friends. Yeah, they wouldn’t mind because we did this since years ago.

“So, you’re going out with Kendall, huh?” Diana asked with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes at her as I walked to my closet and grabbed my pink cardigan, “Nice to finally know that.”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to be mean?” I asked her with an eyebrow raised as I started to brush my hair. They just shrugged their shoulders and I rolled my eyes at them. I grabbed my bag and my phone from Ally then put it in my bag. I slung it over my shoulder and took a deep breath before slipping on my shoes.

“Look, girls. James is having a party tonight at his house and you guys can come if you want to. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. And this is his address,” I said as I grabbed a sticky note from my desk and wrote James’ address on it, “Please just don’t do something stupid or crash the apartment while I’m gone.” I said quickly and Ally rolled her eyes at me as she got up from my bed and walked towards me, putting her hands on my shoulders.

“Geez, Ella. Take a deep breath and calm down yourself,” She said softly and I did what I was told. I took a few deep breaths and calmed down myself. As I already felt calm, the bell rang, making my eyes widened in response.

“That’s my cue. Bye, guys! Happy New Year!” I exclaimed to my best friends and dashed out of my room and to the front door. I took a sharp breath before opening the door, “Hi,” I breathed out and smiled as I saw Kendall standing at my door. He’s wearing a simple grey button down t-shirt under his jacket. He smiled at me and my eyes turned to see a bouquet of roses on his hand, “Kendall, what’s this? Did I tell you that-“

“Yes, I know, Ella. But can’t I just give you this? I’m just trying to be a good guy,” I rolled my eyes at his statement. I accepted the roses he gave and walked back in to the apartment so I could put the flowers on the island. I saw Ally and Diana as I walked back to the front door.

“Let’s go,” I said to Kendall and shut the door, walking to the elevator with Kendall by my right.

~~~~~


I laughed uncontrollably and held my stomach because it started to hurt. Tears started to well up in my eyes and in a second, it started to fall down to my cheeks. Kendall and I were laughing uncontrollably about something we told each other about our childhood, “Oh gosh.” I said in between my laugh. Kendall continued to laugh and his laugh sounded like a song to me, “My god, Kendall. Just stop laughing.” I said to him and he started to stop. I could feel some people were staring at both of us because both of us were laughing like a lunatic since 15 minutes ago.

“Okay, okay,” He said breathlessly and held on his stomach. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself from the laughter and exhaled loudly when I already calmed. So, Kendall and I were staying in James’ backyard and sitting on the wooden picnic table with a coke on our hand. We decided to have dinner together and went to James’ house and spent the rest of the night here.

“You wanna grab a drink or something?” He asked and I eyed my half-empty soda can, shrugging my shoulders, “Wanna go inside and talk with the others before the countdown starts?” He asked with a smirk and I laughed at him, shaking my head in disbelief.

“Come on.” I said with a laugh and got up, walking towards the crowded house with Kendall. Music blasted from the speakers and I could see Ally and Diana talking with James on the other side of the room, “Hey, I’m going to the kitchen to grab a drink. You wanna come or…” I trailed off.

“I think I’m just gonna search Logan and talk with him for a while. You wouldn’t get lost, right?” He teased with a grin on his face, making me to roll my eyes. I shook my head in disbelief at him before walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a coke from the cooler and leaned against the counter, watching as people walked from here to there and talked with the others. I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was only 45 minutes left before the countdown starts. Sighing softly, I turned my heels and made my way to the crowded living room again but got distracted when I felt a tall guy bumping at me, spilling his drink on my clothes.

“Great.” I mumbled and rolled my eyes, looking down at my wet clothes. I looked up to see the guy and mentally slapped myself. My mind was blank instantly and I got tongue-tied. What the hell…

“Ella?” the guy asked in a happy, loud tone, “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe we met again!” he exclaimed and laughed at himself. His eyes lit up with happiness as he saw me.

“Uh, hey, Morgan.” I pushed out and faked a smile. I started to glance all around, searching for Kendall, Ally, or anybody to rescue me, “what are you doing here?”

“Oh, well, James is one of my best buds. We go to the same gym and hang out pretty often,” he said, shrugging his shoulders. When I was about to open my mouth, a girl that I hated came, sneaking her arms to Morgan’s waist. Morgan turned to see her, “Hey, babe.” He said, pecking the girl’s lips.

“Oh, look who’s here. Ella, right?” The girl said with a fake smile on her face and I just rolled my eyes in annoyance at her.

“Oh look, who’s here. Kris, right? So, you’re still with the prom queen and being the most adorable couple, huh, Morgan?” I mocked.

“You’re just jealous ‘cause you couldn’t be with Morgan, right?” The girl snapped and glared at me. Morgan gave her a warning look and turned to see me again, giving me an apologetic look. When I was about to return her words, I heard a voice calling for me. I turned and saw Kendall walking casually to me, a smirk playing on his face.

“Hey, babe,” He said, kissing my cheek, and sneaked his arm to my waist, pulling me closer to him, “I was searching for you all around!” He said with a laugh. I gave him a look and he turned to see Morgan and the girlfriend of his, “Oh you have some company! I’m Kendall, Ella’s boyfriend,” he said casually and gave them a smile.

“Well, Morgan, Kris, this is Kendall, my boyfriend,” I said with a fake, but understanding, smile at them and I could see Kris’ jaw was about to drop to the floor when she saw Kendall, “So…” I turned to see Kendall and elbowed him softly.

“Oh! Ally said that she wanted to talk with you about something.” He spoke up with a bright smile on his face.

“So, I’ll see you guys later, Morgan, Kris,” I nodded at them and walked away. Kendall practically dragged me by my wrist to the upstairs. I started to zone out as I started to think about Morgan and Kris. So they’re still together until now. They’re still together after high school. Oh gosh. Why did I have to meet again?

“Ella, are you okay?” Kendall’s voice dragged me back to reality. I looked around and noticed that I was in a guest room with Kendall. His face was serious and his eyes filled with concern and worry. I tried to open my mouth and say something but nothing came out. I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly, feeling tears start to well up in my eyes.

“No,” I breathed and shook my head rapidly as tears started to stream down to my cheeks. Kendall exhaled loudly and pulled me in a warm, comforting hug. I cried on his chest as all the worst nightmares from my high school year crossed my mind. Kendall stroked my back and whispered some soothing words in my ear. I let all my tears coming out from my eyes until I calmed myself, “I hate that I should meet them again.” I muttered under my breath and pulled back from his hug.

“What’s up with them?” he asked curiously and raised his thick brows at me. He brought up his thumb to wipe the tears from my cheeks, “You know that I’ll always be with you whenever you need anyone to talk.” He said with a genuine smile on his face.

I replied his words a smile and smacked his arm playfully. He winched playfully and chuckled slightly, “Come on. They’re about to start the countdown.” I dragged him by his wrist to the out of the room and to downstairs. The living room was almost empty because people were all out at the backyard, preparing to watch the firework and the countdown finally started.

“You know what, Ella, I’m so glad I got to meet you again,” Kendall started as we stood side by side in the living room, not wanting to join the other people in the backyard.

“Me too.” I muttered with a smile and started to look around, searching for my best friends but I got to see Kris and Morgan again. Morgan had his arm around Kris’ shoulder freely and pulled her closer to him. I started to feel a little hint of jealousy in myself and tears started to well up again in my eyes.

“Ella?” Kendall called my name but I didn’t really hear him. I had my focus on Morgan and Kris.

“3!”

“Ella…” Kendall called again and moved to stand in front of me, giving me a weird look.

“2!”

“What are you looking at?” Kendall asked and sighed desperately but I didn’t move. I kept my eyes on them and I had to watch them kissing which was breaking my heart instantly.

“1!”

“Oh my gosh,” he muttered under his breath and I could feel myself was about to fall down and cry again. It hurt me seeing them kiss and all.

“Happy New Year!”

I felt Kendall grabbing my chin and looked at me straight in the eyes. I stared at his bright green eyes and he leaned in to me, pressing his lips into mine in a beautiful kiss as people cheered happily and the fireworks showed behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. So, it's been a long time. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm so caught up with all the school stuff *shrug*
Btw, don't forget to leave comments :D

:)