Status: Active

Let's See What You're Not

we have a situation here, it’s clear;

it’s not disapearing


Shim

The jocks found me hilarious in PE. I can’t blame them for laughing at me though. I looked absolutely ridiculous. Not only does the spare kit look disgusting and smell even worse, but it’s pretty damn small too. The shirt wasn’t long enough for me, so part of my stomach was on show, plus the shorts were so tight that my circulation could’ve been damaged! Well...They weren’t that tight but that doesn’t mean they weren’t ridiculous.

I felt and looked like an idiot. Best lesson ever. Ha ha yeah... Sarcasm.

To top all of that off, we’re playing hockey! HOCKEY! I hate it so much. Everyone’s going to make me hate it even more now seeing as I don’t have shin pads or anything. I’m going to have to watch my legs for the whole lesson to make sure no one whacks me. Who am I kidding? Me looking out for myself isn't going to stop them. It’s more likely to encourage them.

Mr. Carter split the class in to two teams and he’s just told us to go and sort out our positions. My theory is that if I tried, I could be good at this game, but I also know I’d just end up getting hurt if I joined in too much. I tend to just stay in places where the ball isn't likely to go.

Mark was on my team...

I always expect him to use the idea I have and just stay out of the way. But he isn't like that at all. Mark always gets involved with the sports, especially hockey. He’s dribbling (if that’s what you call it) the ball down the pitch right now like a pro, dodging anyone who tries to put in a tackle. He’s really good at it. To be honest I don’t think he even knows how good he is. He’s good at everything. Sometimes I get a little jealous..

Mark just passed the ball across to Casper Campbell. That’s the only thing about Mark and sports that annoys me. He never goes and tries to score for himself, he always lets one of the popular guys get the points. Suck up.

I probably wouldn’t be as bothered if it wasn't Casper he was assisting the most, but it is. I hate that guy. He’s the one who made the rest of the jocks start on me, and although he doesn’t do anything physical much now, I can’t help thinking that they’d be leaving me alone completely if he didn't interfere.

We got into a fight a while back and things just escalated from there. I hate him. He hates me. It’s a mutual thing.

Casper just scored, thanks to Mark . It isn't like he’s going to give him any credit for that run he did just though.

Mark was running back over to get into position again; he looked like he was completely in the zone; so focused. I couldn’t help watching him.

When he saw me though, it was as if he lost that focus all together. Instead of watching the game, he was watching me from the opposite side of the pitch.

I don’t think anyone else noticed but we were just staring at each other for about ten seconds solid. Awkward.

For the majority of the lesson, I was fine. If I ever got the ball I’d just pass it on to someone else quickly. The only real trouble started when the other team scored. According to Casper and his friends it was my fault. Sure, I was meant to be marking the guy who hit it in, but they know me well enough to realise that I hate this game and don’t try during it. I practically stepped out of the way for them.

It was so accidental though. I’d never do that on purpose. Never ever ever! Well, unless I wanted to wind Casper up and ruin his `I win absolutely everything’ streak. He goes on about it all the time! It’s real freaking annoying.

Casper managed to get back at me later in the game. I didn't see it coming at all. Mr. Carter was keeping an eye on where the ball was going, which meant that our side of the pitch was basically unsupervised. There was only me, Casper and Caleb, another one of his lot, on that side. I had no chance.

I was watching Mark play I was distracted so I didn't see him coming. He just ran up from behind me and shoved my back, making me stumble forwards. At first I was in shock but I managed to compose myself.

“What-?!”

“Shut it,” he hissed, getting right in my face and putting his hand across my mouth.

I’ve got a fairly good idea of where that hand’s been... It’s most likely covered in STDs. Now he’s touching my mouth! At least he didn't hit me with the hockey stick; that would’ve hurt!

Forcefully I pushed him away from me, making sure I did it sudden enough to catch him off guard this time.

“Watch it Moore,” he smirked, closing the gap between us again. He looked way too happy right now. I just shoved him. Why isn't he mad?

“That all you got?” I laughed.

“I’ve got something a little better,” he smiled, getting even closer. “I know your secret,” he whispered with a massive smug look on his face. My heart felt like it skipped a beat. Casper was one of the guys at the pier last night. He can’t know. Not him! “Me and a small group of friends know, got it Moore?” he hissed. “So maybe you should think before you act around me,” he suggested as he tapped on my chest with his index finger. “We wouldn't want anyone knowing now, would we?”

With that he pushed me back away from him.

I was shaking all over. I'm not scared of him; I'm scared of everyone knowing.

“You’ve got nothing on me Campbell,” I called after him as he went back to join the game.

He didn't respond.

He already knows he has everything on me. Anything that mattered, he now knows. I can’t believe this is happening.

“Right everyone!” Mr. Carter shouted at the end of the lesson, getting our attention. “Do a quick cool down and then head back to the changing rooms.”

As we were walking back in I noticed that Mark and I were inadvertently walking together. What’re the chances?

“You were well good back there,” I told him with a weak smile.

I'm really good at embarrassing myself.

“Er, thanks,” he blushed slightly. “You too.”

I couldn’t help laughing when he said that. At least it broke the tension some more.

“I did nothing that lesson,” I smirked.

“I know,” he admitted me shyly. “It’s the polite thing to say.”

I love how he uses manners. I do use them occasionally but I wouldn't if I was having a conversation with someone like me. He doesn’t have to be polite around me.

“Cheers,” I smiled.

We walked in silence for a few minutes. It was really awkward but I couldn’t think of anything to say to break that awkwardness.

“Do you, erm... Nevermind,” he sighed, quickly giving up on his question.

Well...We almost started a conversation. We’re getting there.

“No, go on,” I told him, wanting to hear what he had to say. “Ask me.”

“It’s stupid,” he laughed awkwardly.

“I like stupid questions though. Go on,” I pressed. “You know you want to.”

“Emma sort of told me she saw you writing,” he told me as we walked. “She saw some of it and it sounded really cool and erm, I was wondering if you’ve ever wrote songs? I could really use a hand with that; I'm in a band and we need songs.”

“You’re in a band?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, I play drums,” he told me. “We want to start writing our own music, but we’ve not got much to work with... Any advice?”

“I-um... I’m the wrong person to ask,” I explained to him. “Just...Write what you feel.”

“I’ll try,” he smiled unsurely after a brief pause.

We were back in the changing rooms now but we carried on talking anyway. It was strange. I'm not used to all this conversation at school.

“There’s something else I wanted to ask,” he told me, sounding a bit more confident and comfortable around me than before. “What did Casper Campbell do to you before? I was watching but... I couldn’t really tell...”

“It’s nothing,” I told him bluntly.

“Sure?”

“Nothing that matters,” I hissed. “Not to you.”

After I’d said that I went over to where my clothes were and started changing, leaving Mark on his own again. I didn't want to do it, but I couldn’t risk a conversation about Casper. If I say anything bad and he hears... What will he do? Tell everyone I'm on the streets?
♠ ♠ ♠
[[Title Credit - Dead Space]]

Thanks to Let_It_Roll for commenting again :D Hahaa Burn it! Burn it! Ewww! xD