Status: Active

Let's See What You're Not

everyday is change;

with a different problem to face


Mark

Emma’s downstairs with my mum at the moment. As far as I know they’re just watching TV. Some days afterschool they’ll do that; just sit there, talk and watch TV. Emma’s relationship with her family is... different. I don’t know that much about it because she doesn’t like telling me anything to do with her home life. I think mum knows though. When I leave them alone, they act like mother and daughter towards each other. I think my mum is the only real mother figure in her life, but I'm glad she can be there for Emma. She needs someone.

I think that’s one of the reasons why she spends the majority of her time here at my house. She’s here for me, as a friend, but she also gets on really well with my family and is able to get away from her own when she’s here.

Sometimes I forget about her situation being difficult but she never complains when I do it. I occasionally rant about little things my mum or dad have done to annoy me, forgetting that she’ll have bigger problems to deal with, however none of that seems to bother Emma. She’ll help me out and not consider herself at all. It’s great how she does that. I wish I could return the favour though. There’s not a lot she’ll let me help her with.

When I was changed out of my uniform I grabbed my laptop and went back downstairs with it. Mum and Emma were still talking when I walked in so I knew it wasn't anything private on the agenda. If it was then they would’ve quickly shut up or mentioned something really random to change the topic.

I plugged the laptop in at the wall so it could charge up a little and then turned it on and logged onto my facebook. I haven’t been on it in quite a while, and although no one talks to me on it, there’s no harm in checking up on what other people have been doing so I can get some gossip. I don’t really care about what’s going on around the school, but you have to admit some of the stuff can be quite interesting.

Shim doesn’t have facebook. Just thought I’d tell you that. I'm certain that if he did have it then I’d be constantly on his profile, looking through his photos. If I'm honest, I doubt he’d be the sort of person to put up a load of pictures anyway... There goes my fantasy.

I was looking through the newsfeed when I noticed a conversation going on across Casper Campbell’s and Johnny Trifford’s wall. They were talking about Shim.

It was an automatic reaction for me to just glare at the computer, hoping that they’d somehow feel the hatred on them somehow. They could’ve said all that on chat, but no, they did it on each other’s walls so everyone else can see it too.

They’re horrible.

They’re saying stuff about how he apparently smells and looks like a tramp. I love the way he looks though and he actually doesn’t smell that bad. They’ve also started making up some stupid story about him. Like apparently he was in a relationship with his mum, but then his dad found out and wouldn't let him wash or change clothes anymore.

That’s seriously the most pathetic and biggest load of bull I’ve read in my life. The sad thing is that there’ll be a load of people who see that and believe it because it’s Casper and Johnny talking about it.

To think I liked Casper as well. I’ve never liked him as a friend, or as more than that, but I thought he was an alright person... He was nice to me anyway.

Just as I was thinking that I got a message on chat from him.

Well... That’s different.

He asked me if I'm free tomorrow night. What’s that meant to mean? I know he doesn’t mean it like a date because he’s clearly straight and most likely in a relationship, but why would he want to know if I'm free? There’s something strange going on.

I should be free I sent to him before quickly adding, why do you ask?

This should be interesting.

He took a few minutes to respond to me, but I have patience so I managed to put up with the little wait he made me go through.

Hockey match afterschool. Wanna play?

Okay... He wants me on the hockey team. Erm, why me? Casper likes having his friends around him. He won’t want me there. I remember last time we were on the same team as each other in an official match situation. He hated me being there. I’d taken one of his friend’s spots on the team and he wasn't happy. He wasn't horrible to me over it, but he made it known that I wasn't welcome there.

“Mum, am I free tomorrow?” I asked her.

Emma raised an eyebrow at me, looking slightly confused.

“Yes, why?”

“Casper wants me to play the hockey match,” I smiled before typing in that I’d love to play.

Mum knows who Casper is. Everyone knows who he is.

“He’s fit,” Emma laughed, “but not my type. What about you Mark ,would ya?” she asked with a wink.

Mum gave me an odd look. She’s probably already forgotten that I'm gay. Great.

“He’s... too obvious,” I told her. “Way too obvious.”

“You smiled when he wanted you on the team though,” my mum teased.

“Yeah, but only ‘cause I love hockey,” I told them honestly. “I feel nothing for him.”

Thank God! We’re a pretty good team out there, me and you

I smiled when I read what Casper had just said. In my eyes, we’re not a team. It’s more, I’ll do the hard stuff, pass it to you and let you get the points, but you get the picture.

We sure are I told him, hoping I didn't sound too sarcastic with my reply. I’ve got to go now. Bye I typed quickly. I obviously didn't need to go but I didn't want a conversation with the most popular guy in school either. That’d just be weird.

“So what, are you and Casper like friends now?” Emma asked me.

“Hope not,” I smirked. “I’d rather not be associated with him to be honest.”

“Well you think highly of yourself,” my mum laughed.

“You know what I mean,” I sighed, before looking out of the living room window. When I saw the two hobos that like lurking around I quickly looked back inside again. They’re creepy. I think they know us as well because they always nag my mum and dad when they see them outside.

They must think we’re made of money.
♠ ♠ ♠
[[Title: Everyday]]

Sorry for being a little bit dead. I'm not sure how long it's been because days feel different in the holidays, but i have a feeling it's been longer than usual

I just haven't been in a writing mood recently. I'm not too sure why though

Thanks to all of you reading this though :) And big thanks to IloveMCR!!! for the comment :)