Saving Outcast

Ellis

I kissed him. I don't know why, but I did. I can't say I didn't like it either. There was just one flaw-the timing. I knew he kissed back, but I didn't know why. Did he actually like me, or was it out of pity? It was all I could think of, even long after the moment had ended. My brain was on overload, so I did the only thing my body would let me do. I fainted.

Have you ever had a dram of the future? A premonition? When I passed out, I went into a dream like state. I knew what was happening around my body, but my mind was somewhere else. I was in a colony. It was filled with other outcast faeries, and faerie children. Harlo and I were in a school, teaching about a faerie, equal rights rebellion. The one [u[we had started. All of the kids listened intently, probably because it would be the most important and most interesting unit they studied all year.

"Ellis!" Harlo yelled from the real world, "Ellis! Wake up!" I really was not ready to be woken up yet. I wanted to see more of the premonition, but it was over. All I saw was a black void. I returned to my body with a fresh mind. I couldn't believe the voice. I knew what I had to do, and it had nothing to do with becoming an ultimate ruler.

As I drew out of my reverie, I looked up, only to see Harlo with a bucket which most likely contained water.

"What were you going to do with that?" I asked him. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights, or a cat who was just learning what dogs do when they think you're a nuisance.

"I-I," he stuttered out, "I was. Well you weren't waking up, and I didn't know what to do. Dumping water on people always works in the movies, so I thought I would give it a try. Bu now you're up so I don't have to anymore."

I could tell there was more he wanted to say, but I realized that- from personal experience- trying to make him tell me was probably a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would've been done earlier, but I took a breakfast break, sorry.