Saving Outcast

Ellis

I am currently a sophomore in high school. That's right, on top of all the crap I have to endure in my personal life, I have to attend the universal purgatory of all teenagers.

"Ellis!" the teacher Gremlin called my name. You read it right. My teacher is a gremlin. They exist, and harbor an absolute firey hatred for all faeries. Back to the teacher. Well, to be quite frank, she looks like a bad witch stereotype. Hooked nose, shallow eyes, and a pointed chin. Her name? Vict Grem. If they weren't too stupid, I'd think every kid in this place would call her the Gremlin. But like I said, they're too stupid.

"Yes, Ms. Grem?" I replied in an overly sweet manner. I sat straight up in my seat, looking like the perfect little angel I'm not. In the back of my mind I was wondering what sound her throat would make if it were forcibly removed.

Hey, I never said my inner thoughts were pretty ones.

"Answer the question on the board," she spat venomously. The question was asking for the sine, cosine, and tangent of a 30 degree angle in a 30:60:90 triangle. She couldn't have given me a simpler question. I explained the method to get the answer, which was returned with odd stares from the rest of the class. Ahh, the glories of being but a lowly nerd.

"Correct!" barked Grem. After that, I went back to perfecting my craft. Staring off into space.

When I returned home that evening, there was a mound of dishes that needed to be washed. A mountain of laundry to be done. They say a mother's work is never done. Just replace "mother" with "outcast" and maybe I might be inclined to agree with you.

"Ellie!" my smallest brother squeeled. As he was running toward me for a hug, my eldest sister pulled him back.

"No, Thedias! We don't talk to him! He's sick. We don't want you getting sick too, do we?" she said.

"No, Chamie. Sick bad," he replied remorsefully.

"That's right." she said as she carried Thedias away, shoving me into the wall as she went.

The rest of my evening went much the same way. I would be doing my chores, and one of my siblings would come and mess me up. My only escape was the last chore on the list. Hunting.

I went into the deepest, darkest crevices of my mind, unleashing the creature that lives there. I felt my tail growing, and my colfie ears popping out of my head. My incisors elongating. I ran out of the house, almost fast enough to leave a trail of dust in my wake. I could have gone more than fast enough, had I not just scrubbed the floors clean.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Just want to tell me this is horrible? click the little comment button. please?