Status: Slow but getting there, promise :)

The Trouble of Taboo

Chapter 24

Chapter 24
The whole drive to the shop I was constantly worried about how Paige was doing and if she was surviving. She had changed so much lately, she had become a confident, mature and amazingly sexy woman. I just really hoped that this would not undo all of that. How could this crazy bitch be so selfish as to hurt Paige, why couldn't she have just hurt me instead! No one cares about me, but Paige has her whole life ahead of her and is only in this mess because of me. This beautiful, caring, stunning, mature above her years girl was in life-threatening danger because she had the curse to love me! I could feel my eyes well up and shook them away, instead focusing on chanting the address to myself over and over again.
I flung my car into the nearest car parking space to the store, jumped out of my car and slammed my door shut as my feet barely touched the floor on the way to the store. I was almost to the door, taking huge strides at a time, when I full on collided with someone, "So sorry!" I muttered and tried to get around the person.
"Hay Neil, what in heavens name is wrong with you?" I heard the all too familiar voice and winced, this was exactly what I did not need right now.
"Oh, hi Adrian. Apologies, I didn't see you there. Sorry bud but I need to get going, so..." I tried to think of some excuse to tell my oldest of friends so he would leave me be.
"Whoa! Slow down Neil. What has Lucy done to annoy you this time? The wedding is not anytime soon, so why such the rush to get the dress ey?" I winced as he said my ex-fiance's name. I couldn't be thinking of her when Paige was in so much danger.
"Um...Actually we aren't together anymore. I just need to grab a dress for... someone else. And it really is an emergency" I tried to put some kind of lie together but knew I was kidding no one, especially as I saw Adrian's eye brow fly up in suspicion. "Look bud, I really am in a rush, but lets meet up later for a pint at the usual and I will try and tell you all about it, okay?" I rushed out, not even waiting for an answer as I barged past him to the shop owner to find this god forsaken dress. Anything to save Paige from the monster who was without doubt torturing her right now.
"Here you are sir." I grabbed the dress from the store owner, threw some money down and ran to my car. Adrian was still stood there standing bewildered at my behaviour but I had to go. I had to get to 110 Juniper Street and figure out where Paige was being held. I needed to save her. I got into my car, wheel spinned out of the space and put my foot down, praying to anyone listening that there were no cops to slow me down even more.
I pulled up to the address and noted that it the house looked slightly familiar, but I couldn't figure out where from. I shook my head and ran to the door. It was open as the psychopath had promised it would be. As I opened the door, all I could see was pink and fluffy everywhere, it looked as if a furby had exploded and covered every surface in its fluffy guts, I wanted to literally throw up. I put the dress on the one wooden table - that was not pink and fluffy. As I laid it down, I saw something flutter next to me. I picked it up and with a sickening twist in my stomach I realised it was part of Paige's skirt from this morning. The more I inspected the piece of fabric the more the sickening feeling burned and bubbled up into a fiery pit of rage. The most innocent of girls was being screwed over my a delusional fuck and I needed to save her and now!
Paige’s POV
I slowly hear the door creak open and look up to see my captor standing there. The most worrying thing was there was a look of pure hatred in her eyes and it truly scared me. How can someone I have never met hate me so much?
“Well, Neil sounds like he is worried about you, which is annoying!” Her voice screeched and I winced, trying to rapidly think of who she is and how she would know Neil and I. My heart only felt slightly soothed at the thought of Neil, if he was worrying about me he would not be looking after himself, he would be going frantic and he never behaved sensibly when he was frantic. I hoped he would be okay without me. Secretly, I was glad it was not me having to try and live without him, I knew I was not strong enough to do that, I needed him and right now all I wanted was his arms to be wrapped around me, keeping me safe, being my hero once again.
The next think I realised, I was across the room. I looked up stunned, this crazy psycho bitch had bitch slapped me with such force that I had literally slid across the room. “What the fuck?” I gasped out, “Who even are you, you crazy bitch? What do you want?” I could feel the tears rolling down my face and inwardly cursed myself for showing the weakness to this inappropriately dressed slut.
“HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?!” She screeched at me and I covered my ears in fear they would bleed from the horrendous sound. She stomped her way down to me and kicked me. “Why are you so stupid! How can Neil want to be with someone so stupid?” She turned and left the room in a flounce and I wondered which of us was meant to be the teenager. I closed my eyes in pain and let the tears come freely now that I was left in solitude once again. As stupid as it sounds, I wished for my blades, at least they were a pain I could control!
As I felt the pain subside a little, I managed to sit up and lean against one of the cold, stone walls. Why am I always someone ‘s hitting pole? Why am I the one that people always want to hurt? I couldn’t see an answer to any of these questions and no body could deny that it seemed as if everyone was against me, that everyone wanted to hurt me, to punish me for something…
Then it clicked.
Neil.
The world was punishing my for being with Neil. It was so wrong us two being together that the whole world was sending me one big, painful message… IT HAD TO STOP. I cried harder. I did not want to lose Neil, but how could I ignore all the signs that I was being selfish by trying to be with him when it was so wrong and against every rule in the world. My love for him is so completely wrong in everyone else’s eyes that I have to spend my life being punished and hurt. Maybe if I accept it the pain will stop. Maybe if I say I won’t be with Neil, they will let me die in peace. I couldn’t live without him, that’s for sure. If I had to I would happily die so that Neil could live in peace and I wouldn’t hurt anymore. He would get over it. I’m nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
A while since I last posted, but will try and get this done this year as it is still a story that hangs over me every day and that I read and reread a lot, this was the first time I felt I could continue it. As always comment and subscribe, I love to hear your thoughts.