Status: Still working

Deadly Kiss

Deadly Kiss

“There’s a rumor.” Alison said coming up to me after the bell rang for the end of the day.
“What rumor?” I asked with my heart racing.
“That Max likes me!” she squeals. I was so confused, it was either that was a rumor or Alison is just saying that to make herself feel better.
“Cool.” I said not really caring anymore.
“You’ve been acting weird lately.” Alison says.
“I am?” I asked.
“Yeah . . . why?”
“Why do you care?” I asked walking passed her. I really couldn’t talk to Alison anymore.
“Hey, um, Hazel? Right?” I turned around seeing Max.
“Yeah and you’re Max, right?” I asked with a small smile.
He laughed more to himself “I guess you heard about me already, right?”
“The whole school is only talking about you, no big deal.” I say.
“Can I walk you home?” he asked out of nowhere.
“Sure.” I say with a nod. But, then, I remembered what London told me this afternoon. I pushed her words out of my mind.
We walked out of the school together and each step we took, my heart was beating faster and faster from feeling him so close.
Once we were a few blocks away from the crowds of school kids Max says, “I don’t really like you . . .”
I narrowed my eyes looking up. “Oh . . .” I said disappointed. If that’s true . . . then why did he tell London differently?
“I mean, don’t get me wrong,” he says quickly “You’re beautiful and everything, but . . . I don’t really know you.” He laughed nervously like he couldn’t find the right words. “And, I told London I did so that she would stay away from me.”
“Oh . . . so you don’t like Ms. Perfect?” I asked.
“She’s not perfect, in fact, she’s everything but perfect. But, then again, I don’t want to be hated by anyone.” He says, I looked up at him wondering who would ever hate him
“So . . . then who do you have an eye open for?” I ask feeling my hands getting sweaty from the nervous.
He looked at me like he so badly wanted to say me, but something was holding him back. “You don’t understand, I can’t like anyone.” He says
“Why?” I asked a little too desperately.
“Because . . . it’s . . . it’s complicated.” He says looking away.
“Bullshit,” I whisper under my breath. I suddenly hated Max; I knew what he was doing. He was trying to be mysterious and sexy and shit, then he’s going to act like he’s madly in love with me and then tell me he’s “deep dark secret” and tell me that we can’t be in love.
But, this is not going to happen. I won’t allow it, I will not allow my heart to be toyed with.
“Who do you think you are?” I asked suddenly.
“Excuse me?” He asked confused and we stopped walking.
“You know I like you that is why you’re acting like you have an all-so-bad secret. You’re trying to be mysterious and everything when really you’re just a normal boy. So, please, just tell me now what your problem is so we both don’t have to go through this bullshit.” It all came out in a rush; suddenly I was really scared of what it might be.
He’s gray eyes darkened making me feel even more scared.
“You think, I’m trying to win your heart by acting mysterious?” He asked taking a step toward me, making me take a step backwards causing my back to hit a fence. He took another step towards me closing the space between us, he’s face was harden. “If it was up to me, I would be asking you out right now, if it was up to me, I would be thinking about you every second.”
“So why don’t you?” I asked in a whisper.
He’s eyes searched my face like he was actually thinking about telling me his secret “I don’t know if I can trust you with the truth yet.”
“You can trust me,” I said and I kissed him. I don’t know why I did it, but I kissed him. And it felt amazing.
At first, he was surprised by the kiss. He tried to pull away but I wrapped my arms around his neck keeping him in place. He kissed me again and again.
He grabbed on to my hips pulling me closer with every new kiss. My heart was racing beyond control. Then everything slowed down, he pulled away and all we could hear was our breathing.
“This never happened,” he whispers placing his head in the hollow of my neck.
What was I thinking? I thought, kissing a stranger?
Even though my thoughts keep saying, danger! I didn’t regret it one bit.