Status: Finished!!!!

Through the Lens

Eight

Scarlet's eyes fluttered open when she felt a soft hand on her cheek and the warm presence of a body laying beside her. She was greeted with a soft smile from none other than Alex Gaskarth. She frowned and moved away from him, making him frown as well.

"What are you doing?" She questioned, leaning back against the back of the couch, as far from him as she possibly could be on the small couch, making Alex sigh.

"Look, Scar, I'm really sorry for how I was acting earlier, it just.... hurt me, what Max said, you were right, I let him get to my head." Scarlet sat up and crawled over Alex so she was standing up, looking down at him as he sat up.

"I just can't believe how easily you believed him. How you believe him over me, it just.... hurt me." She leaned up against the back wall, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I didn't believe him, I just.... didn't know what to believe. I mean, and then you said you had slept with Ronnie-"

"After Max broke up with me! Ronnie and I were both pissed off at Max and upset. Ronnie was my best friend. He has been since I was a little girl, he's how I know Max." Scarlet sighed and sunk down the wall, "Ronnie came to my house two days after Max and I broke up, he heard about the argument and came to see how I was doing. We spent every day together, helping each other. You see, Max had just kicked Ronnie out of Escape The Fate, that's what Max and I's argument had been about."

"How did you find out Max had kicked him out?"

"Ronnie called me as me and Max were at lunch one day. When Max and I got back to the house, we started yelling and fighting and then he got his stuff and just left. Ronnie came and we were just.... there for each other. I had never had feelings for Ronnie, never, it just... happened and we regretted it. And then Ronnie got arrested and is now in jail in Vegas. I have no idea when I'll see him again. It just pisses me off that Max has done this to Ronnie. Kicks him out of his band because he uses drugs, when Max did all the same shit." Alex didn't know what to say so he just sat in silence, letting her continue, watching her as she retold these events, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I loved Max, with all my heart. He has just made some bad fucking decisions. He's turned into... an asshole. The Max that is here, on this tour, is not the Max I fell in love with... I don't even know who that is and it... kills me." Scarlet sighed and wiped away the tears that had fallen down her cheeks. "I'm really tired and would like to sleep, you can have your bunk, tonight." Both her and Alex stood up but he shook his head.

"I don't want the bunk." Alex said, stepping close to her but she just backed away.

"Than I'll sleep there." She turned and began to walk out but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back around to face him.

"Will you sleep here with me, please?" He begged, frowning at her. "I'm sorry for how I was acting earlier. It wasn't right. I shouldn't have let him get to me like that." Scarlet ripped her and away from Alex's and crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's that you believed someone that you have known only for a few hours over.... over me. These past two weeks with you have been great, Alex. I have had so much fun with you and the guys, I just thought you trusted me a little more than that." With that she turned on her heel and walked out of the small room, past all the bunks and into the living room, Alex rushed after her as she walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked her, ignoring all the guys looks as they passed and went out to the parking lot where all the buses were at.

"To the Escape The Fate bus for the night. I just want to be alone and you won't give me that." She said as she stopped and turned to look at him. Alex frowned and actually felt tears burn at his eyes.

"It's because I care about you, Scarlet and that scares the shit out of me. I haven't felt like this about someone since.... ever. You make me insane, Scar, and I just don't know what to do."

"Everything was perfectly fine with us, Alex! We were great until you actually believed Max. If either of us cheated in our relationship, it would have been him, I would never cheat on someone I love." Alex sighed and stepped closer to her, not caring that there were tears falling down his face.

"I know that, Scarlet, and I'm sorry. I just... freaked out, okay? I was pissed off at him and then he said that and I just... over reacted, I know you wouldn't do that, baby, I know" He took the last step towards her until he was right in front of her and reached forward to put his arms around her waist and press his forehead to hers. "Please," He whispered. "Just come back to the bus. You can sleep in the back if you want, I'll take the bunk." She nodded and stepped away from him.

"Goodnight, Alex." She rushed past him and disappeared on the bus, leaving Alex to stand out in the dark by himself. He stood here, his head down, and tears falling down his cheeks for a few minutes before sighing and wiping the tears away. He turned back to the bus to see that the lights in the back lounge area were off, meaning she was asleep. He made his way back onto the bus and to his bunk, where he got in his pajamas and crawled into the small space. It smelled like her, the pillow, the blankets, just the whole area smelled like her so even though he still had a few tears falling down his cheeks, he fell asleep with a smile on his face as he thought of nothing but her and how she was just a few feet away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been a few days. I've had a lot going on. Just so you know, in about 6 days, on the 21st, I will be on a plane. Flying 6 hours to St.Louis Missouri. I will probably not update that day, in fact, I know I won't, and probably not the day after that, but on the 22nd, I'm driving down to Jackson, Missouri, to live with my brother, his wife, and their kids and will be there for about a month and a half, maybe 2 months, and will update as often as possible.

I will update as much as I can until that time. (:
thanks for the comments.
briannal14
lostxinxstereo
my.dear.romeo