Status: I have finally got a new computer and will try to post very soon. So sorry :( Date: 10/29/2012

Back to December

Chapter 8 - Pittsburgh international airport

“Goodnight, Liv.” Kris said into the phone and hung up. Did he love her, ‘cause apparently she loved him, but were the feelings mutual. Kris thought if he didn’t say it, it meant he didn’t love Liv, he cared for her deeply, but love? Was he ready to love again? He wasn’t so sure himself. His life took a complete one eighty the minute he divorced Mandy.

Kris sighed as he fell to his back on his hotel room bed.

“What’s with you?” His roommate Sidney Crosby asked him.

“Nothing.” He said simply.

“Sure, what’s really wrong?” he asked again sternly

“Liv told me she loved me and I may or may not have reciprocated those feelings towards her.” Kris explained.

“So I’ll take it as you didn’t tell her you love her?” Sidney questioned

“No.” Kris said flatly

“Do you love her?” Sidney asked yet another question.

“I don’t know, have you ever felt this way before Sid?” Kris asked still laying on his back.

“I cant say I have, the only person I’ve ever loved is Julie. Though it seems to me if you have to second guess yourself you may not love Liv. Now I’m not saying you don’t care for her, or don’t want to be with her. I’m just simply saying maybe you don’t love not, possibly not ever.” Sid explained. Who knew Mr. Hockey himself could be so deep.

***
Liv hung her head low, did he love her? Was he scared? Did she scare him, by telling him she loves him? Liv wasn’t sure what to think. She felt sad, hurt almost.

“Liv are you okay?” Quinn asked

“Yeah I’m fine.” She said and took a deep breath.

“I love you Liv!” Quinn exclaimed. Children could love so easily, but then again their hearts haven’t been through quite as much as it would in twenty years. They things that should cause children heart break only seemed to be a fact of life to them, if only adults could see things in that manner.

“I love you to Quinn.” She smiled down at the little girl.
***
“Maybe I should call her back?” Kris asked more to himself than anyone else.

“I don’t think you should, this will end up causing a fight you don’t want” Sid said.

“Yeah I guess you right, I just feel bad.” Kris frowned

“Well it wont make you feel any better listening to a crying girl back in Pittsburgh.” Sidney smirked

“Yeah, well I guess we should head out to dinner know.” Kris said slowly get up of the bed.

Maybe he shouldn’t of agreed to let Quinn stay with Liv. Sure she Quinn loved her, but if it would’ve avoided the awkward conversation that he would next time with Liv, he would bring Quinn everywhere he went. Kris imagined she wouldn’t have told him she loved if he hadn’t ensued so much trust in her, to watch his only daughter. He didn’t know why he couldn’t love Liv, he could one day, hopefully, but not right now. Its not like Mandy had ruined him for other women, she hadn’t cheated and neither had he, it was just a matter of irreconcilable differences. No foul play had been done to Mandy or him, he was free to love whom he wanted as was she, he just couldn’t. Maybe it hadn’t been the end of the road for him and Mandy?

***
Maybe Liv shouldn’t have told Kris that she loved. Maybe he isn’t ready to fall in love again. A divorce was hard, not that Liv had known she had never been married, let alone she was only 24. Was it possible that she didn’t love him, but she felt like its what she should say? No she definitely loved Kris, but Liv wasn’t sure if she could go on loving someone who didn’t feel the same way.

“Well Quinn, the games about to start.” Liv said a she flipped the TV on and Quinn climbed on the couch beside her. Kris came on the screen and her heart felt heavy.

“Daddy!” Quinn exclaimed and pointed at the TV set.

***
As Mandy flipped through her phone looking at all the old pictures on there from when Quinn was just a baby, she couldn’t help thinking about how happy she once was.
Mandy wondered, what happened to her to make her such a miserable person. It really wasn’t Kris’ fault, he was a great husband, a great father and was still really kind to her. It definitely wasn’t Quinn, that was her little girl she love her more than anything. It couldn’t be Liv’s fault, Mandy was miserable way before she came into the picture, and she barley even knew the girl. The only solution to the answer was her, Mandy had made herself this miserable, unbearable person, that she couldn’t stand herself. Everything was so simple when she was married to Kris, she loved him, she stills loves him very much. They had a model life, maybe that’s why they didn’t work they never really discussed their issues they just let them slide until finally it all came out and came to an end.

“Flight #2024 to Pittsburgh international airport is now boarding.” The lady with her this Tennessee accent said into the intercom. Mandy got up and boarded her flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!