I've Been Dazed and Confused

I Wanted a Woman Never Bargained For You

There always seemed to be something about him that stuck out to me above the rest. While he was invisible to most, he shined like a diamond to me. He was so beautiful, but that isn’t why I loved him. He was talented and quiet but when he spoke it was always a thoughtful or witty statement, he was sweet and gentle. He wasn’t Jimmy Page or Robert Plant, he was John Paul Jones. He was special in ways nobody else saw, but I did. He was the best thing that ever happened to me, even if he didn't know it.

As the band made their way backstage as usual my eyes darted directly to his, we were locked together in this moment that insured that in a way it was just the two of us in this big old world. Moments like these happened often, they’ve been happening ever since I’ve known him. I was desperately in love with him.

He smiles shyly and walks towards me, “How was the show?” He asked quietly.

“It was fantastic!”

“I think I messed up during Kashmir.”

“No you didn’t! It was perfect!”

He smiles “Thanks Kate.”

I shrug “My pleasure.”

He looks around the room then back at me, everyone was gone. They were all doing what they normally did after a show.

“Do you wanna go out and get some drinks or something?” He asked

I smile and nod.

It wasn’t easy being Robert Plant’s baby sister. But it had its upsides, like meeting Jonesy. I still remember how we met; it was one of those things I would never forget as long as I live.

(New Year’s Eve 1970)

I stood on the balcony trying to escape the stale smell of alcohol and cigarettes that lingered profusely inside. I didn’t want to come to this party but Robert dragged me to it, he always made me do things I didn't want to do.

The fresh air was doing me a lot of good as I took a deep breath I felt like everything was getting better. As I stared out at Los Angeles a hand touches my shoulder, when I turn around my brother stood with three guys and two girls, I recognized both of the women but only one of the guys and that was Bonzo. One of the women was Pat, John Bonham’s wife; the other was Maureen who was Robert’s wife.

Right away I looked at Jonesy I didn’t even know him but yet but something about him struck me; he was standing quietly behind the rest staring back at me. I felt myself blush like mad.

“Kate, this is Led Zeppelin!” Robert says triumphantly.

I smile “Hello all!”

Robert points to John Paul and introduces him “You can call him J.P if you wish.”

He then introduces me to everyone else; I smile politely at all of them until they leave. Except Jonesy, he stays behind and walks to my side.

“Nice to meet you.” He says politely. I smile.

“You too.” After we talk for a while about music and life in general his lips softly caress my cheek and he smiles shyly.

“I hope to see more of you Kate.”

“I’m sure you will.”

(Present)

We walked down the street together and his arm snakes around my shoulders.

“Where to?”

I smile “I don’t care.” As long as I'm with you

“Do you mind just going and hanging out at the hotel?”

“No I don’t at all.”
He smiles then thunder rumbles “Oh great.” I moan knowing it was about to rain. I subconsciously lean closer to John who kisses my forehead.

“It’ll be okay Kate.”

We kept walking though we were still far away from the hotel when rain started pouring but we didn’t really care. I started laughing and J.P smiles “Would you like to dance?” I smile and nod.

One of my hands rests on his shoulder and the other lays in his. His free arm wraps around my waist and we dance all the way to the hotel. People stare at us, some with criticizing looks and some with small smiles.

We stop in front of the hotel and stand there in the rain, staring at each other.

“You look lovely in the rain.” John says staring me up and down.

I smile and push some hair out of his face “So do you.”

He pulls me closer to him “I have to tell you something.” I say quietly as I put my hand on his
chest, he smiles.

“What is it doll?”

“I uh…I um…I…Never mind.”

“No what is it?” He says lifting my chin, the rain fell down on us but we didn’t care.

“Nothing.” I look down at our feet, we were so close our toes were touching.

He kisses my lips softly, taking me completely by surprise so I can't say I really reacted immediately. When he pulls away I blush even worse, he stares into my eyes.
“What were you going to tell me?”

“Nothing, it doesn’t matter.”

“I bet it does!”

“Please don’t laugh.”

“I won’t, I promise.”

“John, I love you.” His eyes widen but then at the same time he smiles, he looks very pleased.

“Really?”

I nod and look back down shyly, what if he doesn't feel the same? Then I've just lost my best friend in the whole world.

“I love you too Kate.” He whispers.

I shake my head violently “Don’t lie to me, I’m a big girl I can handle rejection.”

He chuckles “I’m not lying, I couldn't lie to you Kate.”

I raise an eyebrow, “Do you promise?”

He nods “I promise that I am absolutely in love with you.”

He connects his lips with mine and his hands move from the middle of my back down to the small of my back pulling me closer to him closing all gaps between us. My mind races with thoughts of what Robert would say if he knew what we were doing. His tongue slides against my lower lip as he begs for entrance, I open my mouth and our tongues meet. I tasted a mixture of him and water. I moan into his mouth and my hands go up and down his chest. He pulls back and grabs my hand and we run into the hotel room as fast as our legs could take us.

When we get in the room our bodies were cold and our clothes were heavy. But still we didn’t waste much time. We kiss frantically and his hands run through my wet hair, they're stopped a few times by knots so he gives up. He unzips my dress, it falls to my feet. I step out of it and kick it across the floor.

I unbutton his shirt one button at a time then push the shirt off his shoulders and put it on the floor. His torso shined in the light due to all the water and he looked so beautiful, I can’t help but stare at him. His fingers travel up my spine until he gets to my neck and he pulls me into another kiss.

“I love you.” He whispers.

He kisses my cheek then my neck, my fingers run through his soft hair and he’s soon making a trail from my neck down to my stomach to my waist. I murmur his name softly as his lips trail up my stomach. I try hard to ignore the stickiness between my legs.

I leave a trail of kisses from his lips to his collar bones, he doesn't let this last long. He soon picks me up and my legs wrap around his waist. My back meets the bed and he’s immediately on top of me kissing me frantically.

“John please wait a minute.” I whisper desperately.

“What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly.

“I just think we should just slow down a little.”

He smiles “I agree.”

He rolls off of me and I lay on him, I lay my head in his chest and his thumb strokes my waist and my finger gently traces his collar bone. I could tell he wasn’t used to women stopping him.

“How long have you loved me?” He asked curiously.

“I don’t know a couple years.”

He kisses my forehead “That’s a long time, what took you so long to tell me?”

“I’m not really sure…Maybe it was that we’re best friends.”
His fingers went down my bare spine and I shivered.

He rolled us over “That seems logical.” He says before kissing my delicately.

“Yeah I suppose it does huh?” I say when he pulls away.

He nods and kisses my nose, my cheek, and then my neck “Yeah it does.” He says against my neck.

I spread my legs and he positioned himself properly, I raise my hips against his and he presses his crotch against me. We continue to press against each other, becoming more and more turned on each time. I moan and his teeth sink into my skin, it didn’t hurt, he replaced any pain by sucking the same spot.

It felt so good, he knew he had me now. He kisses my lips deeply and his lips part, my tongue slips into his mouth and presses against his. My tongue rolls in his mouth like it does when you speak Spanish, he moans.

His hands finally find their way to my panties and pulled them down past my ankles and I do the same to his.

“Are you ready?” He whispers I nod, he kisses my shoulder and I sharp pain runs through my body. I gasp and he takes it a little slower, he rocks in and out of me. His pace quickens casually, resulting in us both lasting longer. My nails dig into his back and I moan his name; my hips match his pace perfectly. Our tongues dance, “Baby,” he moans against my neck as we came at the same time. He continued to rock in and out of me until neither of us could take anymore.

He collapsed onto me laying his head just below my collar bone, his fingers sooth my waist and my fingers twirl through his sweaty hair.

“I love you so much.” He murmurs.

“I love you too.”

We turn over and I rest my head on his chest, I kiss his chest just below his collar bone.

“What do we do now?” I ask.

“I don’t know, we could stay right here. Just like this.” He suggests.

“I like that idea that is an excellent idea, how are we going to tell Robert?”

He smirks, "Maybe we just won't."

If there was one thing I knew about secret romances it was that they're either discovered, or they end. Maybe it would just end, or maybe Robert would walk in at that very moment and catch us. Either way I didn't care, we had now. That's all I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! Please feel free to comment!!