Status: A work in progress

The Rose Amongst the Thorns

The duel

'She's beautiful, isn't she?'' Susan smirked at Edmund as she caught him staring at her across the room, practicing with Caspian.

Edmund cleared his throat, looking at his sister as she pretended to not look at Caspian. ''Uh... yeah...'' He stuttered.

''You better get her before someone else tries.'' She warned, a bit jealous of Mirabelle, with that, she left.

Edmund looked back at Mirabelle, just in time to see her disarm Caspian and back him into a corner.

He smiled, impressed and amused.

She smirked, putting her sword back into its sheath. ''I win! I win!'' She taunted, smiling a lopsided grin.

Caspian laughed, shaking his head as he walked away.

''Edmund!'' She skipped over to him, smiling enchantingly.

''H-Hi.'' He stammered, mentally kicking himself for being so vividly nervous. She smiled once again ''Hi.''

A fawn, who was keeping watch, called the two outside. He shouted down at them that the Telmarine's would soon be upon them.

''Better warn them.'' Mirabelle suggested to Edmund, he reluctantly left with a unblinking glance he finally ran to warn Peter.

Mirabelle and Caspian were standing on the edge of the large rock on the stone building, watching the Telmarines army march toward them.

The sun was peeking through the still green trees and puffy white clouds as morning approached.

Peter, Edmund, Lucy and Susan along with every Narnian that was previously inside came rushing out, worry permanently engraved in their faces.

Caspian suggested that Peter battle Miraz, to buy Lucy and Susan some time, Caspian knew he wouldn't decline.

Edmund, a giant and a sentar marched to Miraz's presences with a letter Peter wrote himself.

*

Mirabelle sighed, smiling reassuring at Peter as he prepared to fight Miraz. Edmund nodded to his brother, biting his lip as Peter turned around.

''I hope Lucy's okay...'' Mirabelle glanced at the fringe of the woods, worry evident in her big blue eyes.

''She is.'' Edmund spoke, praying his words were so.

Caspian disappeared not far into the fight, but no one seemed to notice, everyone was watching the battle intently.

He rode back several moments later, only he wasn't alone. Susan and Caspian rode back in no hurry.

Peter asked for a break, to see what happened and if Lucy was okay.

Lucy was indeed alright, thanks to Susan and Caspian.

Edmund, Caspian and Mirabelle helped patch up Peter, before he returned to their duel.