I've Got Your Back Kid

Monday:

I woke up to the TV blaring and Zoey laughing, I ruffled my hair and walked out into the living room of our dorm, “Ze you are so loud,” I said sitting on the couch by her.

“You love me,” she said leaning over and hugging me.

“I do,” I said laughing and hugging her back.

“Which means you should go with me!” she said, “Do me a solid and go with me, be my date!” she said flipping channels on the TV till she reached ‘Regular Show’.

“Oh no, I have to do it now because it’s a solid,” I said throwing my head back.

“So you will go?” she said getting all excited.

“Yes, but you owe me now,” I said laughed and getting up from the couch.

“Oh go to class,” she said throwing a couch pillow at me as I walked to my room.

“I am Miya Monroe, I do what I want!” I said throwing on a hoodie and walking back to the living room.

“So does that mean no class?” Zoey asked looking at me all wide eyed, “little goody two shoes Miya Monroe is skipping class?”

“Yeah, I am just not feeling it today,” I said laughing and walking to the kitchen to make a bowl of cereal.

“I am so excited for tonight!” Zoey said running over to hug me, “I promise we will have fun!”

“Just one thing, if I get upset, I am leaving,” I warned her, “I can only take so much.”

“Fine! Deal!” she said smiling, “I am just happy you are going with me and not staying home alone,” she smiled.

“What time is it?” I asked looking around for the clock and inhaling a spoon full of cereal.

“Three in the afternoon,” she laughed, “You have two hours to get ready, show starts at six and I want to leave here at five,” she said planning everything out exactly.

“Time for a shower then,” I said before finishing my cereal and putting my bowl in the sink. I ran to the shower and hopped in washing every part of my body before getting out and drying off. I wrapped a towel around me and blow dried my hair before throwing on some eyeliner and heading back to my room.

“Miya!” Ze said following me to my room, “what are you wearing?” she asked standing in the doorway.

“Jeans, and a shirt,” I laughed throwing a random pair of jeans and shirt.

“Nothing special? What if Bo sees you and is like, oh I feel really shitty for what I did now,” Zoey said cocking her head to the side.

“You have a point,” I said shaking a finger at her.

“Actually do your eye makeup too.”

“Jeans and a nice shirt, nothing extravagant, and no, just eyeliner,” I said laughing at her and looking for a nice shirt, “how about just a low-cut shirt,” I said pulling out a Hurley shirt.

“I like!” She said before walking out of the room, “I am going to take my shower now.”

I got dressed and straightened my hair before seeing it was quarter til five, I walked over to Zoey’s room and she was standing there in a hoodie and jeans, “I really don’t care,” she laughed before grabbing her keys and leading the way out of the door. I followed behind her as my stomach began to knot up, and when we got to the show, it stopped. We walked up to the door with no problems, gave our tickets and walked to our second row seats.

“I am nervous,” I said to Zoey as the lights began to dim and the music began, and the second Bo stepped on stage my stomach was in knots.

“I am right here,” Zoey said holding my hand, “promise.”

“Thanks, Ze,” I said smiling, and the knots went away.

I got through the whole show and Bo played a song called ‘Love is..’ and he closed with that but in the middle of the song he said, “People show love in many funny ways, they may pick on you but you must know it is just their little way because..,” he said before picking up the song again.

After he said that I bolted for the bathroom, I threw up and had my eyes all watery. I wiped my mouth and grabbed some Purell as the toilet flushed itself and made my way out when I ran it to something, someone, after I got out of the bathroom. This thing, someone, was taller, “Sorry,” I said looking down and continuing to walk.

“Wait!” this thing said, “I know you,” it said as I turned around to see Bo walking up to me and having this puzzling look on his face.

“No, no you don’t,” I said walking away from him trying to hide my face best I could by turning every which way.

“Miya,” he said, and I stopped in my tracks, “Miya Monroe, you sat behind me in Chemistry, and next to me in Algebra.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” I said laughing and moving my hair out of my face.

“You always did that!” he said pointing at me, “It was a nervous tick of yours, you did it anytime you got called on or got a test back,” he said.

“I’m not Miya,” I said laughing.

“Why are you denying it? I know those brown eyes anywhere,” he said stepping closer, “I used to get lost in them,” he said placing a hand on my shoulder.

“No, you were always so mean to me,” I sad stepping back from him, “You made fun of every little thing I did, you made fun of how I spoke, how I would say the wrong things, and how I looked,” I said as the doors opened from the auditorium.

“Let me make it up to you,” He said grabbing my hand, “Miya, I am sorry,” he said sounding sincere.

“Goodbye, Bo,” I said before taking my hand back and walking away as a crowd of girls came up separating him from me.

“Miya! Miya Monroe!” I heard him say repeatedly as his voice got quieter and quieter before it began to pick up again. I turned to see him running after me, “Miya, Please,” he said gasping for air as he caught up to me.

“Why!? I asked you so many times to stop when we were younger and what did you say!?” I sad getting in his face best I could, he looked down at his feet, “What did you say?”

“Miya.”

“Tell me.”

“I told you to jump off a cliff, that no one wanted you there anyways, that nobody cared about your existence and that you were no good,” he said looking away from me.

“You were so mean to me and you expect me to give you another chance?”

“Miya, I feel so bad, I honestly hoped I would run into you to tell you how bad I felt,” he began.

“No,” I said cutting him off, “You don’t deserve a second chance,” I said.

“Miya, I will do anything to make you not hate me, you remember what I said in the middle of Love is?”

“What does that have to do with me?”

“I make fun of you because I like you.”

“Miyabear!?” I heard Zoey’s voice yell.

“Is this some cruel joke like back when I said I had a crush on you, you got my hopes up then crushed them?”

“That was high school!” he said shaking me, “I have grown up since then, please, one night to prove it, which is all I ask.”

“One night!” I screamed at Zoey walked up.

“I promise I will make up for everything I did to you,” he said before pulling out a sharpie and writing his number on my hand, “I am trusting you a lot, please don’t let this number get out,” he said.

“I’m trusting you, not to be a dick, again.”

“I will take that as a see you Saturday at 8?” he smiled.

“Bo?” Zoey said walking up.

“Bye Miya,” he said and from what little light I had I saw his face blushing, and when he wasn’t looking I began to smile.

“Bye, Bo,” I said still smiling.

“What just happened?” Zoey said walking closer to me.

“I have a date,” I said looking at the number on my arm.

“With Bo Burnham,” she said nearly yelling it.

“Ready to go home?” I sad ignoring what she had said.

“Yeah,” she said laughing at me as we walked to the car.

When we got to the car, I texted Bo, before I forgot: You are still a dick.

I waited patiently for his response as Zoey rambled on about the show.

Bo: Sweet dreams Miya I will text you when I wake up, promise.

Me: Goodnight, and okay Bo, we will see.

Bo: Oh we will.

“…anyways, did you enjoy the show?” Zoey asked snapping my attention away from my phone.

“Yeah, yeah, surprisingly,” I laughed, “Ready for bed,” I said shrugging.

“Well you take a nap, I will wake you up when we get home,” she said smiling.

“No I think I can stay up,” I said turning up the music. I stayed awake the whole ride but once we got home and my head hit the pillow, I was completely out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=32320900