I've Got Your Back Kid

Friday:

I woke up to silence, to an empty bed, I sat up to look around and Bo was nowhere in sight, just like he said. I got up and walked to the bathroom to see a sticky note on the mirror that read:

Sorry, I didn’t want to leave; i will see you tonight, hopefully. I will text you when I can. Oh and check your phone –love, Bo.

I laughed before walking back to the room to see my phone blinking indicating I have a voicemail, I smiled seeing it was Bo before pressing play, “Good morning beautiful, how was your night?”

I ran to the bathroom right away. I laughed seeing Bo’s clothes from the night before thrown all over the bathroom floor. I straightened it up before hopping in the shower. When I got out I raided Bo’s luggage for something to wear on the drive home. Before leaving the hotel, I scrambled around my purse for my lipstick and around the room for a sticky note and a pen. I found said objects and wrote:

I am going to miss you A LOT –love, Miya

And kissed the bottom of the note. I walked out of the hotel and headed straight to my dorm after that, honestly I just wanted more sleep, and I didn’t want to be alone.

“Did you raid goodwill?” Zoey said as I walked in.

“No, Bo’s luggage,” I said laughing as I threw the clothes on the couch next to her.

“It all smells so good,” she said picking up a shirt.

“I know,” I said smiling and pulling out the envelope Bo gave me last night, “This is for us,” I said as I opened it, pulling out two backstage press passes a folded up note.

“What’s the note say?” she asked as she grabbed one of the passes.

“No idea,” I said unfolding it, “It says, Bo has a present for me tonight,” I said giving Zoey a funny look.

“See now we have to go!” she said getting excited, “He is trying to make sure you go,” she said smiling, “He wants you there,” she said shoving my shoulder a bit.

Bo: Hey(:

“Maybe you are right,” I said looking up at Zoey for a second before looking back at my phone.

To Bo: Hey thanks for the voice mail

“You like him,” Zoey said as the smile as I had faded.

“No, I don’t” I said looking down at my phone again.

Bo: Welcome! So will I see you tonight?

“Who are you texting then? You keep smiling every time.”

To Bo: Yes, I promise you will see me tonight.

“Bo,” I said looking up at her, “and I am not smiling!” I said as another message came in.

Bo: Good! I don’t want all my hard work to go to waste.

“Stop denying it,” she said as she shifted her focus to the TV.

To Bo: what hard work?

Bo: That’s a surprise (:

“Denying what?” I said looking at Zoey.

“That you like him!” she said muting the TV, “You spent the past two-three days with him,” she said looking at me.

“And?”

“You like him!” she said shaking me.

“Do not,” I said looking back at the phone.

To Bo: Can we talk tonight?

Bo: Anything you want.

“Admit it,” Zoey said looking at me.

“What if I do?” I said looking at her.

“Then admit it!”

“Fine, I like Robert Burnham,” I said looking at her, “Happy?”

“Finally,” she said throwing her hands up, “Now go get dressed nice for tonight.”

“Whatever,” I said getting up and walking to my bedroom and pulling out a dress and throwing it on, “Ready?” I said to Zoey after applying make-up and straightening my hair.

“Yes!” she said as she put her last earring in, “Where are we going exactly?”

“Down the road,” I said looking at the tickets, “his last show is here at UCLA,” I said to her while grabbing my keys and heading for the door.

“Sweet,” she said following me, “wait why are we heading there an hour early?” she said still following me.

“Because we can,” I said laughing.

“I like that answer,” she said looking at me. I told her about my past few days with Bo and she told me about how she attempted to take Tish to a bar but they ended up getting kicked out because Tish was being too rowdy.

When we arrived to the auditorium I heard Bo say, “Run it again,” before a track of laughing kids began, “I’m a faggot,” he began before stopping,, “Miya!” he said jumping of the stage and walking over to me, “What did you want to talk about?” he asked while hugging me.

“Bo, I,” I began before seeing Frank walk up.

“Bo we need you,” Frank said dragging Bo away.

“I will be right back, stay right here,” he said kissing my forehead.

“Okay,” I said looking back at Zoey. Zoey and I sat on the stage and waited for Bo to arrive. We waiting forever and then people started to walk in so Zoey and I began to walk backstage to watch for Bo. The seats began to fill up quickly and I got anxious to watch Bo preform. The show began and I loved watching him, he was so adorable playing piano. He did this little thing with his leg to keep rhythm and it made me laugh. Honestly, I liked him more and more each second.

“This last song,” Bo said as he picked up a mic, “was inspired by my high school years,” he said walking around, “Especially by a girl I used to make fun of,” the music that I heard when we walked in, “I'm a faggot, I'm a retard, I got a girl's bag and a v-card,” I watched him as he got really into the song and at the end he said “I know it’s bad kid, I’ve got your back kid,” while looking over at me, “Thank you, goodnight!” he said bowing and walking off of the stage to me, “So what did you want to talk about?” he said when he reached me.

“I like you,” I said looking up at him, “A lot,” I said smiling.

“I like you too,” he said leaning down and kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter<3