I'm losing my mind and you just stand there and stare as my world divides.

Chapter Six

Aiden's POV
I woke up at about 6 this morning. I slide out of bed and went to go make Tristan and I breakfast. Hopefully I wouldn't burn anything. I was awfully absent-minded sometimes. I placed the toast in the toaster oven and cracked the eggs and placed them in a pan over the stove. I began thinking about Frank. How handsome he was. How nice he seemed. How he could see into my eyes, as if they were an open door to my inner most thoughts. I bet Frank would never hit me. I bet Frank would never rape me. I bet Frank wouldn't make me feel like a ten year old boy who could never do the right thing. I think I loved Tristan. But sometimes I wasn't too sure. He was so sweet when I first met him. I'm just hoping one day he'll be like that again. But I've been waiting for that day for almost a year. I started digging my nails into my skin and scratching. It was a really relaxing habit for me. It left red marks all my skin. It was like cutting, only minus the razor. And the scars weren't as deep.
"Hey asshole the food is burning."
I nearly jumped out of my skin.
"OH JESUS!"
I salvaged the food, which was black by now, and threw it away.
"Sorry Tristan."
"Sorry doesn't cut it." He smacked me across the face. He grabbed my hand and put it on the still hot stove.
"Say Sorry."
The pain was awful.
"SORRY SORRY SORRY."
He lifted it up.
"Put it under the fawcett under luke warm water."
"Yes, Tristan."
"And how many times have I told you not to scratch yourself like that?"
"A million."
"AND DO YOU EVER LISTEN? NO. YOU STUPID UNGRATEFUL ASSWIPE!"
When I first met Tristan, I was still cutting myself. He hated that. He forced me to stop. I replaced the cutting with the scratching which he was extremely against.
My hand was begining to feel better. We decided for breakfast to just eat cereal. We sat at the table. He began talking.
"Last night was really good. You did a good job."
Sex. That was all that was on his mind.
"Thank you."
He began to scratch his chin.
"This may sound like a strange question but... did you leave in the middle of the night?"
I nearly choked on my cereal. "Leave?"
"Yeah. Leave. I felt like you went of the bed last night."
"I most likely went to the bathroom."
"Oh. Duh. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. Well baby, I've got to go to work now."
He kissed me on the lips. "Love ya."
"Love you too."
Tristan works as a subsitute teacher for the local school district and depending on what school he's at, he usually leaves before me. I started biting myself violently. That's the habit I usually did that Tristan never saw. It's so relaxing. I finished my coffee and grabbed my guitar and went to the recording studio.