Status: Finally Active!

The Man She Met Online

Harmony vs Zoey

“Soo…ah, what’s on your mind?” Harmony’s father, Caleb, asked as he sat on the edge of his daughter’s bed.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” As much as Harmony loved that her parents wanted to see what was upsetting her to the point of her basically becoming mute, she really wished they’d just care less about her and more about the fact that Lily had been officially missing for a little over 3 weeks now. There was a big search going on and everything but their only concern seemed to be Harmony’s slight depression. In the back of her mind she knew she should be happier that her parents cared but with Matt and Lily clouding her mind she couldn’t find it in her to be more appreciative.

“Harmony,” Caleb paused, picking his words carefully. “I know things are a little hard and confusing for you right now but we, your mother and I, would love for you to open up a bit more and…express your feelings. Just tell us, we’ll understand.”

No matter how understanding her parents were Harmony knew they just wouldn’t understand. How could they?

Sighing, Harmony sat up and hugged her father. “Don’t worry about it dad. This is something I need to fix on my own, if you’ll let me.”

Caleb took a while to respond. “Okay Harmony, I trust you because I know you’re a smart girl. But I just want you to know that whatever you do, whenever you need us and even if you don’t need us, your mother and I will always be there for you.”

Harmony hugged her father tighter, having never felt closer to him than she had at that moment. “Thanks dad, I love you.”

“Love you too princess.” After kissing the top of her head, Caleb gave Harmony her requested alone time.

She spent an hour or two watching TV before her phone rang. Jumping up, Harmony answered the phone and began asking 27 different questions before her BFF even had a chance to say ‘hello’.

“Calm down Harmonay!” She vaguely noticed how less nasally and annoying Lily sounded but Harmony couldn’t find it in herself to care. Lily was alive!

“Oh god…where are you?? Are you okay? I was so worried about you oh my-“

“I’m fine Harm but guess what? I’M MARRIED!”

“WHAT?!” Harmony nearly dropped her phone. Lily and married didn’t exist in the same universe, or the same sentence! How could Lily be married before she was 18?? She wasn’t even 16 yet!

“Yep yep. It was quick and hardly anyone was there but whatevs, I’m now a married woman! I can’t believe it OMG Harmonay I found my happily ever after and gawd, I’m so fucking happy I can barely breathe!”

Harmony was left speechless, chocking on her unsaid words. How could this happen? How did it happen? “I-I mean is it official? Like legal legal?”

She could basically see Lily rolling her eyes. “You know I don’t do fake! Anyway, I’m coming to see you in like a week so be ready for me okay?? It’s just a quick in and out because the search and Amber Alert and shit but yea Zack’s letting me come see you before we go off for a while.”

Harmony had to sit down. Zack was in his mid 20s, what would he want with a 15 year old girl? Also Lily wasn’t coming home. She was probably never coming home now and Harmony would have to wait years to see her BFF. What about school? What about prom? What about college? What about her family? Did Lily even care that much about her?

“Cheer up girly, I can basically see your sad face. I’ll see you soon okay? Remember next week! Be on the lookout for us. Luv ya!”

“Wait Lil-!“ And just like that Lily was gone.

__~**~__


Harmony felt a little better the next day knowing that Lily was okay and happy, but that all changed when Matt pulled up beside her on her walk to school. He looked a lot worse than the last time she saw him and knew she was the one to blame.

“You need a ride Harmony?” Something about the way he looked at her told her he needed this so she jumped in.

“How are ya doing Mr. Sanders?” She asked haphazardly.

Matt rubbed a hand over his face and sighed. “I’ve seen better days honestly. It’s okay though, I’m better off without her.”

A sick part of Harmony wanted to hear what Matt felt about ‘Zoey’ breaking up with him. “So it’s a girl? Did she break your heart?”

Matt looked over at Harmony, looked at her eyes that were filled of wonder and how she just radiated of innocence and naivety and shook his head. “Yea, something like it. She was someone really important to me and now she’s just…gone. Everything about her is gone and I just wonder what made her-why wasn’t-was I not good eno-” Harmony watched Matt slowly crumble in front of her eyes.

He pulled over only a couple of blocks away from her school and turned away from her, telling her to just get out. But how could she? She did this to him.

Against her better judgment, Harmony leaned over and wrapped her arms around Matt’s neck. He fought for only a few seconds before letting her hug him. As she felt his tears hit her shoulder, all she could think about was how she was going to make this right. She was going to find Matt someone who was worth his time and who loved him unconditionally.

After their moment in his car, Matt and Harmony had started interacting more. He was now picking her up and dropping her off at school and she’d often talk to him while he worked on some repairs in his house. She’d even learned how to do some things on her own. Every day they hung out she forgot more and more about how she was the one to screw him over and began to think about how she was making him happier while being herself. Things seemed to fall into place so easily then before.

Then it all changed.

Matt picked Harmony up from school after a week of hanging out after school and she’d asked to stop at the local gas station to pick up some snacks. Without hesitation, Matt handed her his card and told her to get what she wanted all the while knowing she’d buy less than what she actually wanted. Because that’s just how considerate Harmony was.

Zoey had been nagging in the back of his mind and he decided that he would try just one more time to call her. As the phone was ringing, he heard Harmony’s go off in the car. It didn’t take him more than a minute to connect the dots. Harmony was fucking Zoey. It all made sense when he thought about it. She was trying to right her wrong. Well, he’d show Harmony just how much pain she’d cost him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloo my loves<3 Since this is already written I decided to go ahead and update again!

For any of my older readers, I hope you like the newer story line because I do :) I think it's like 1000x better haha. Well yall know the deal, comment, rec, message if you guys feel like it or have questions or concerns!

Love you tonnns guys :*