Opposition

Opposition

The forest I walked through was dark and dense even though it was sunny. The trees seemed to surround me with no end in sight. I was not lost for I knew what path I was walking on.

As I walked on I got the feeling I was being followed. I paused and thought a moment, I smiled to myself and thought who would follow? Who would care?

I continued along the path until the trees cleared, and I came up to the edge of a cliff.

Suddenly I heard a whisper from the back of my mind "Think of your friends they love you and care for you. Think of what you are doing!"

As the whisper grew a little louder and I started noticing it another voice in my head and in a louder more seductive voice.

"Don't hesitate! You are nothing worthless and a fool to think otherwise. Your friends ha if you can call them that are no where to be seen they have abandoned you your life is forfeit"

I took a step forward

"Think of your friends! They love you! You are worth something to them! You know this"

I hesitated confused

"What are you waiting for? You are nothing! You cant do a damn thing right end it all now and stop being a burden to the world! You are a fool to think you can somehow make a difference."

I took another step forward feeling the wind in my hair. The thought of being free and no longer a burden to the world was exciting.

"Your friends love you." the small voice said again
I drowned the voice out and got ready to jump. Suddenly I heard a rustling behind me I hesitated

"Don't hesitate! Jump and end the pain the suffering!"

The sun seemed to disappear and it got dark

"Jump the abyss is waiting for you. The abyss loves you and will hold you tight when you're feeling alone and it will give you company and keep you warm when you are feeling cold"

I looked at the sky confused as to why it got dark so fast. I looked down off the cliff the waves from the ocean seem to be beckoning me. The sharp rocks seemed to glint as if approving the thought.

The rustling in the forest grew louder. Someone was approaching. The voices became like thunder and roared inside my head

"Jump you damned fool what are you waiting for!"

"They love you. Don't you see? They have come for you."

I fell on to my knees holding my head as the voices argued back and fourth.

"Michael?" A voice behind me said

I turned to look and to my surprise they all stood there. All my wonderful friends stood around me.

The evil thoughts in my head had not given up "They don't truly love you! Forget them and jump! Dont burden them with your pathetic existence"

I stared at them confused and in wonder. "How did you find me?" I finally asked

"We followed your trail of tears and your cry's for help." They replied

"I don't understand I don't remember crying out." I told them

"You did not have to say anything. We know you and we know when somethings bothering you. We love you."

The voices inside my head stopped and I looked at each and every one of them. I stood up and embraced every one of them, tears streaming down my face.

"I love you guys, too." Was all I could say to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the storys not that great. Not that great in first person either. I am trying to improve though so comments tell me how much it sucked thats fine. :)