Livin' on the Edge

Escape

"The kid is gone, Sean."Matt called out from the bottom of the stairs.

Matt and Norman stood at the bottom of the steps and seemed a little nervous. It could be that Terry had a chance to escape, which would lead the police to know their identities, or that she was gone and they were unsure of her where abouts. Whatever it was, it shook them to the core. All I cared about at this point was for Terry to stay safe. I yelped out of fear and pain when Sean took a hold on my throat. My tears slipped onto his hand as he tried to think of his next move. I know I messed up his plan and it most likely scared him. Now that he had lost control, he would lose control of his feelings.

I grabbed onto his wrist and tried to take in a deep breath of fresh air. Matt's shakey voice broke the silence when he said, "The bitch called the cops!"

I yelled out once more when Sean threw me up against the wall. My head bounced sharply against the concrete wall, but never the less, I tried to remain calm.

"Where is she, Halle?"He spat.

I collected what spit was in my mouth and spit at him, hitting Sean directly in the face. He was too naive if he thought I would give up my little sister just for his sake. He quickly wiped it away and threw an angry fist into my jaw. Despite the throbbing pain, I brought my leg up and into his groin. He didn't hesitate to release me and cup himself. I fled for the stairs, but Jimmy was quick enough to grab my chain. When he pulled back on it suddenly, I was forced to slip on the wooden flooring and fell on the first two steps. I gasped loudly for air when the oxygen was stolen from my lungs.

I rolled onto my side and tensed up. Terry looked right into my eyes from under neath one of Beatrice's small tables. Her eyes were swollen with fresh tears as I mouthed Stay. It would be in her favour is she ignored what was going on and stayed put. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to her. Sean eventually got to his feet when I finally was able to catch my breath. He grabbed a handful of my hair and angrily pulled me to my feet. I tried to pull my chain from jimmy's hands, but I recieved nothing in the end.

"Hey, there's some good shit down here."Norman played with Beatrice's small trinkets on the side.

Sean gave me a hateful stare before heading toward the stairs. He went to step over the chain leash, but I quickly yanked it up and out of Jimmy's hands. The movement went to quick and before Sean could react, he tripped over the thick links and tumbled down to the bottom of the stairs. Norman and Matt rushed to his aid as Jimmy came running toward me. I snaked under his open arms and wrapped the leash around his thin throat. He reached up for the leash, but I refused to let loose. After a few moment he dropped to his knees. It was a few more seconds before I kicked his unconcious body to the floor.

Sirens could easily be heard in the distance as I escaped toward Beatrice's bedroom. I only needed a few extra minutes of safety before they would be piling in through the doors. I was more excited to see these men, and what I used to call a best friend, be taken away in hand cuffs. I would be sure to have them be put in the worst jail imaginable. As I made my way toward the bedroom, I heard Norman's voice boom into the house; "Hey!"

I ducked quietly into the small room as Sean began shouting at them.

"Just fucking get them!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou to all the subscribers and commenters! :D