Livin' on the Edge

Negotiation

I sat in the small closet and tried desperately to pull the chain from my hips. The links refused to give out, including the lock on my left hip. I whimpered quietly when I realized that it was not going to come loose. I stopped trying, however, when the bedroom door slowly opened. I collected the leash in my hands, hoping my choking method was still going to work. Norman stepped in, a cruel smirk pressed against his lips.

"We have your sister, Halle. Come out now and I promise we'll take good care of you both."I shook my head quickly, trying to keep the belief that they didn't really have Terry.

It was only a dirty trick to try and get me from my hiding spot. When Norman realized I wasn't going to give into his persuasions, he chuckled lowly.

"That's cruel. You wont even come out for your sister?"I quietly got to my feet as he walked by the closet.

I took in a deep breath and pushed open the closet doors. Before Norman could even manage to turn around, I had wrapped the links tightly around his thick throat. He turned his back to the wall and roughly pushed himself up against it. I grunted at the pain, but held on none the less. He reached his hands back behind his head to try and grab me. He succeded on his last try and threw me over his back and onto the small bed. I cried out when I landed and watched as he jumped onto the bed himself. He positioned himself over my pelvis and snickered.

I threw angry punches into his chest as he wrapped his hands around my throat. I could still hear the sirens in the distance; I just hoped they made it in time. In a scary growl, he said, "You think this is funny? Now funny anymore, is it?!"

His grip tightened around my wind pipe, cutting off every possibility of breathing again. I tried to choke out a plea for help, but not even a gurgle passed through my lips. I reached up to his Norman, but I could slowly feel myself grow weaker. With what strength I could muster up, I dug my nails into the side of his face. He tried to stay in place, but the pain became unbareable. He yelled out and released his death grip on my neck. He cupped his bleeding face and shifted just enough so I could kick my knee into his ribcage. I clutched my sore throat gently as Norman rolled off the bed and onto the floor.

I tried to catch my breath as he leaned up against the bed. His hands still cupped his face as he shouted, "You fucking bitch!"

I gathered up the long leash and pulled it over his head once more. I pulled roughly into the bed and kept it tight around his neck. He tried to pull away, but this time I had the advantage. I could use my whole body weight to choke him out. It was only a matter of time before Norman became limp where he sat. I slowly released the chain and let a nervous smile fit my lips. I leaned over and whispered, "Now it's funny."

I grabbed the chain in my hands once more before leaving the bedroom. I could feel my heart beat against my chest as I heard the sirens. It sounded as if they were coming down our street at this very moment. I snuck into the kitchen and tried to think of my next move. I had been lucky so far, but luck was always quick to run out. I began digging through Beatrice's drawers in search of a knife. By the time I had found one, Matt's chilling voice echoed into the silent home; "Halle! Halle!"

I ducked under the island and tried to stay quiet. Matt's footsteps suddenly appeared in the kitchen. I bit down on my bottom lip as I tried not to panic. Matt was a very large man and was going to be hard to take down. That was if I could take him down. I knew I had a few possibilities against him, but they would be hard to do. I choked back a gasp when he stepped in front of the island. I could reach out and trace my fingers along his shoe if I very well wished. I thought quickly as I scrambled to conjure up a plan. If I cut his achilles heel, it would cripple him.

If I then sliced right behind his knee, he would surely bleed out in a few minutes. With a deep, shakey breath, I dug the steak knife into his heel. His ear piercing cry rang throughout the room as I cut through the flesh and cartalage. I pulled the knife from his bleeding wound and slid the knife through the back of his knee. As he tumbled to the ground in pain, I slid out the other side. He reached back for his knee and shouted, "You fucking cunt! What did you do?!"

"Sophomore biology."I watched as the blood continued to coat the kitchen tiles.

I licked over my lips and turned on my heel to run. I escaped the kitchen, but stopped suddenly when I saw Sean. He was all I had left before Terry and I were free. His eyes traced the stained knife in my hands and he chuckled.

"I don't appreciate you dropping my friends,"He began."but I'm impressed."

"'Cause impressing you was my goal."I spat.

"Why don't we drop this and leave? Tell the cops I'm here to help. Forget this even happened."He smiled.

"I'd rather die."I growled.

"Oh, Halle,"He snickered."you don't know how quickly that can be arranged."
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter left! :O