Livin' on the Edge

Freedom

I could feel my heart race against my chest at the tension in the room. I had messed up Sean's plan of ransacking my parents home. I had messed up what he thought would go so well. The cops were nearly here; their sirens were ringing loudly in my ears. I swallowed hard as I clutched the knife in my hands tighter. I didn't let my eyes leave him as I wondered where Terry could possibly be. Did she leave her hiding spot? Did she run out the door? I could only hope she was safe. I choked on my breath as Sean's eyes looked into the kitchen.
'
I could almost see the colour drain from his face. He had seen Matt, who was most likely on the verge of death right now. He must have been as shocked as I was. I never would have thought in a million years I could have gotten out of Matt's grip. He was so large and strong; he could tear me down in one swift punch. Sean's eyes fell back on me and I could almost hear the growl forming at the bottom of his throat. He was angry, but who could blame him? His plan had been torn to pieces by little mistakes. I wasn't prepared when he took off at a sprint in my direction.

His hands met my shoulders and we both tumbled to the ground. I let out a cry of pain and felt the large steak knife slip from my fingers. Sean sat above my waist as the knife slide across the floor. It sat glistening by his feet as he reached out for the chain leash. I swung my arm around to hit him, but he moved back, leaving my arms just a little too short of reach. He pulled the chain from the ground and pressed it tightly into my throat. I felt my eyes well up in warm tears as I tried to take a breath. I had managed to get rid of every man in this house, except Sean.

Every man I had been able to pull off a trick and keep them from coming back at me. I reached up to claw at his face, but I was unable to reach him. I felt my heart beat so fiercley against my chest that I thought I was going to fall into cardiac arrest. All I needed was a few more minutes and I would be saved. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing ever came out. I watched, in amasement, as Sean's blue eyes welled up in tears. He choked out a gasp as he said, "I never wanted to kill you, Halle."

I wanted to tell him he didn't have to. I wanted to tell Sean he could still walk away from the situation. I tried to shake my head from the leash, but it only forced it deeper into my skin. I could feel myself slowly becoming weaker as Sean's tears fell on my face. I couldn't even swallow the fear that managed to lodge itself in my throat. Sean whimpered as he said, "I didn't mean for this to go so far."

I watched, from my peripheral vision, as Terry slowly made her way up the stairs. I wanted to scream for her to run; that the cops were nearly out front of the duplex, but I was unable to. If Sean had even the smallest feeling that she was behind him, he would turn from me to her. I would not be able to save her. She knelt down and crawled forward, letting her fingers trace along the knife by Sean's feet. Terry pulled the knife from the wood floor and knelt back, raising her shaking hand above her head. I tangled my fingers into Sean's shirt as she came down, pushing the knife deep into his back.

Sean's cries of agony rang throughout the house as he released me. I gasped as soon as I could, feeling my throat burn at the fresh air. I clutched my sore throat and rolled over, listening as Sean tumbled to the floor. His screams still echoed in my head as Terry came to my side, taking my upper arm in her hand. She began to pull me upward and onto my feet. I coughed continusouly as we made our way down the stairs. I fell a few times as I tried to keep my balance. Goosebumps ran along my skin as the red and blue lights from the patrol cars flashed through the windows.

"Halle!"Terry and I stumbled to the front door, swinging it open quickly.

I could hear Sean's cries die down as we stepped out onto the small deck. Police men and other uniformed people emerged from their cars, shocked at the scene before them. We slowly walked forward, tears welling in our eyes. I cupped Terry's head in my hand and kissed her softly on her head. If it weren't for her, I would be dead right now. She cried quietly into my shoulder as they began to surround us.

"We have a survivor!"I turned around, finding Sean at the lip of the door.

My face drained in colour as he came forward, crying quietly.

"No!"My voice was hoarse and sore."He's part of it!"

Sean stumbled forward, an angry stare on his face. His eyes stayed on me as grew closer. His hand reached around from his back, where the sharp, stained knife was held in his hands. He started to rise his hand in my direction, as the police shouted, "He has a weapon!"

I pulled Terry into my chest as gun shots echoed throughout the front yard. I fell to my knees, pulling Terry down with me. I whimpered quietly into her hair as the sound of Sean's limp body hit the floor. I tangled my fingers into her hair and began to sob. Terry was my main priority in this little game these cruel monsters had. Yet in the end, Terry was the one to rescue me. The last few hours we had in this duplex had the both of us living on the edge. We didn't know what was to come next. But in the end, we won the cruel game of survival. Those bad guys started this war, but in the end, Terry and I walked out on top.

"Call for an ambulance!"I felt hands roam along my skin, but I no longer cared.

"I love you."I kissed Terry's head multiple times, feeling the over whelming feeling of joy crawl along my shoulders."I love you so fucking much."

"We're okay."Terry whimpered.

I looked back at the house as men and woman piled onto the front lawn. I could feel the hatred and sorrow seep out the door and into the grass. All the bad feelings had slowly rolled off my shoulders. Norman and Jimmy would be going to jail. Matt would be buried in a wreck of a cemetary, where his soul would forever rot in hell. Sean, on the other hand, would never be able to look me in the eyes and tell me how happy he is to have worked with me. I wont have to see those bare blue eyes anymore. I looked down at Terry and let a smile crawl along my lips.

"I will never let anyone hurt you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, that's the end.
It didn't come out like I was hoping to though.
I still hope you guys enjoyed it :)
It was crazy fun to write haha.
Thankyou to all the commenters and subscribers! :D