Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Not afraid to walk this world alone

Helena’s P.O.V
I was standing outside the front door of our school, waiting for Juliah to come back. She’d insisted we asked the new kid if he wanted to hang out with us after school, and since I was curious about what his deal was, I didn’t mind.

“He’ll meet us at the gate after school” she said when she came back.

“Okay” I smiled at her.

We went to attend the rest of our classes before the day was finally over. We had wept our way out of detention so the new kid didn’t have to wait. So we grabbed our bags and went for the gate. Juliah was running; I’ve never seen her so excited before (except the day she told me she’d been kissed by Gerard).

I saw the new kid leaning against the gate, smoking. He looked so… peaceful, so contempt. I liked that about him, even though I didn’t really know him yet. Anyway, we walked towards him, and he looked at us. He didn’t smile, he didn’t say anything; he just stared. I hate when people stare at me, it feeds my insecurity.

“Hey, I forgot to ask you your name earlier” Juliah exclaimed when we got to the gate, standing beside him.

“Oh. Uhm, Frank” he replied, and my heart skipped a beat. Frank? Like, Frank-Frank? The guy I met last night? Crap.

“I’m Juliah. Anyway, shall we go? I thought we could go to the park or something, if that’s okay with you” she said and grabbed his arm like she was going to drag him after her. I, on the other hand, stood there in complete silence. My legs wouldn’t move and my lips wouldn’t let the words out of my mouth.

“Helena? Are you coming?” Juliah asked and looked at me like I was a complete idiot not following them.

“No, I can’t. I just remembered I promised Gerard to come home straight after school. Sorry!” I know it’s wrong to lie, I don’t know what got into me, but I just couldn’t. I don’t know if it was my insecurity taking over, or if I just got nervous. I mean, I don’t want him to know me. I don’t want to let him “in”. If he found out about me and my issues, he would leave just like everyone else did. Juliah is the only one who accepted it, the only one who cared enough to stay. She’s all I need, and I don’t want to risk being hurt again. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
Please comment and/or subscribe :)