Give 'Em Hell, Kid

The scars remind me that the past is real

Helena’s P.O.V
“Helena? It’s time to get up sugar” I heard Gerard say through the door. Ugh, I really didn’t want to go to school. My head was a mess and school would just make it worse.

“I.. uh.. I think I’m getting sick, Gee!” I said and faked a cough. I probably shouldn’t have done that though, as Gerard ran into my room and insisted to check if I had a fever. Crap, busted.

“Well, you don’t have a fever. What’s wrong sugar?” He asked and looked worried.

“I don’t know. My stomach hurts” And I swear to God, it really did hurt.

“Well, maybe you should get something to eat. I haven’t seen you eat anything lately” Eat? What the hell was he thinking? I’ve told him I need to watch my weight!

“I’m not hungry. Maybe it’s the flu” I said, but he busted my lie and looked at me with a I-know-you're-lying-so-don’t-even-bother-look. Dammit!

He dragged me out of bed, literally dressed me like I was five, CARRIED me down the stairs and forced me to sit by the kitchen table. He made me a sandwich and refused to go before I had eaten it. I took a few bites and felt my eyes tearing up. I felt disgusting eating that fucking sandwich. What to do? Oh, I know! I pretended I had to throw up, ran to the bathroom and forced myself to do exactly that. I think it worked, because when he came into the bathroom to check on me, he looked kind of worried. Mission accomplished!

After he made sure I was okay he went to work. I decided to call Juliah and ask her to skip school with me, and she wasn’t exactly hard to ask. She came over with her younger sister Tess. I hated Tess, probably because she was so friggin' beautiful. She had red hair that reached down to her boobs, she was skinny and had the most incredible green eyes. And she was so energetic and everybody loved her. She’s chatty and easy to get on with, something I’m not. But we have one thing in common – we hate school. I like to think she’s failing or something. That she’s a complete idiot, but deep inside I know she’s not.

“Sick, are we?” she said sarcastically when they walked through my bedroom door. Another thing I hated about Tess, she was too sarcastic.

I gave her a death stare, but she didn’t seem to mind. She just stood there embracing her own beauty. I fucking hate Tess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Scars - Papa Roach
Please comment and/or subscribe :)