Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface

Helena’s P.O.V
After hours trying to convince Juliah I had the flu, she and Tess went home. “Alone at last” I whispered to myself before pulling the sheets over my head. I just wanted to disappear. Or maybe just fall asleep and never wake up again; that would be perfect. Suddenly I heard the door slam. Fuck, was it 4 pm already? I decided to pretend I was sleeping; then he wouldn’t ask questions.

“Helena? Are you awake?” I heard Gerard say with a tender voice. I didn’t answer; after all I was “sleeping”. I heard his footsteps coming closer, and he sat down on my bed, stroking my hair. I loved it when he did that, he’s done that since I was a little girl, even before our parents died. We’ve always been close, which makes the thought of leaving him unbearable.

After a few minutes of stroking my hair followed by a kiss on the forehead, he tip-toed his way out of my room, gently closing the door behind him. I opened my eyes and looked around. The sunlight shone through my window, it was beautiful. I love the sun; it makes me happy, even though it only lasts a minute or two.

After enjoying the sunlight for a while I went to get my laptop. I Googled “pro ana” and ended up at a website with tips and tricks on how to hide anorexia.
“Don't get angry. Don't deny everything if confronted. People will believe a little truth with a big lie much easier than a huge lie. Act as if it's no big deal instead of reacting emotionally and people will tend to believe you.” Definitely a note to self!

Gerard’s P.O.V
I knew she wasn’t sleeping, but I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. I just went down to make dinner and hopefully get her to eat something. What can I make that may appeal to her? I pulled out a cookbook from a shelf searching for something she might consider as healthy. Aha! Chicken!
I found all the ingredients and got started. I was hypnotized by cooking when my phone started to buzz. I looked at the caller ID. Juliah? Ugh.

“Hi, what’s up?” I asked, but I didn’t really care.

“Hi, I just wanted to know if you’ve talked to Helena, I know what’s going on Gerard, and I’m worried sick about her”

“What are you assuming? That I’m not?” I have to admit got a little cranky. I hated it when people thought I didn’t care about my sister just because I let her do stuff mom and dad would forbid her to do.

“No, I just… Don’t you remember the letter I told you about?”
How dared she bring that up? Of course I remembered! It broke my heart.

“Of course I do” I replied, a little irritated.

“Well, what are you going to do about it?” God, why did she have to ask so many questions?

“I’ll figure something out” I said before I hung up. I didn’t need this right now; I hated feeling like a failure, that I had failed her as a brother, not keeping her safe.

I put the chicken in the oven. What else am I supposed to serve her? Vegetables? I assume she would consider that healthy, so I started to prepare some carrots and all the other jucky stuff that’s considered as a vegetable. After about an hour the meal was ready to be served and I called out her name asking her to join me for dinner. A few minutes later I heard her walk down the staircase and into the kitchen. But she stopped at the doorway and stared at me like I was stupid or something.

“You want some dinner? I made you chicken and vegetables” I smiled at her, praying to God she would accept. And she did. Finally! But I have to admit I got a little suspicious, no way could it be that simple.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Numb - Linkin Park
Please comment and/or subscribe :)