Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Life's so reckless

Frank's P.O.V
New town, new people, the same old shit. What was this, the fifth time we’ve moved this year? Something like that. I’m sick and tired of my mom wanting to start “a new life”. I know that’s not what it’s about, it’s about me and the fact that I don’t get along with anyone. I always end up in fights at whichever school I’m attending, or vandalizing someone’s house just because I don’t like them. What can I say? I’m a rebellious kid.

“Frankie, could you come in here for a second? I’m in the kitchen!” I heard my mother shout out. I was just about to go outside so I kicked off my shoes and joined her in the kitchen where she was cooking spaghetti or something. “What’s up?” I prepared for her usual speech.

“Are you going out?” she asked and smiled at me, which was kind of creepy. I rolled my eyes and nodded, wasn’t it obvious?

“Okay, well, don’t get into any trouble, my darling. It’s late, and New Jersey can be dangerous at night. Or so I’ve heard. Just stay close to the house, okay?”

“Mom, I’m not nine” I exclaimed in frustration.

“No, you’re eighteen, but I’m not comfortable with you being out by yourself. Why don’t you make some new friends?” Well, I wouldn’t really know where to meet them. I didn’t know this place and where people usually hung out, but I just nodded in response to make her happy.
I walked down the street, all the street lights were broken, but I didn’t care. I loved walking around in the dark; it was so peaceful and quiet. I walked for a long time, until I ended up at a school, probably the one I was enrolled in. I hated school, it was a torture chamber where I got beat up every other day. No matter which town or school I went to – I always got picked on. “Fuck” I whispered, afraid of what tomorrow would bring.

I lit a cigarette, even though smoking was something my mom didn't approve of. Take away my cigarettes and you're dead meat.
“Can I have one?” I heard a high pitched voice say. I couldn’t actually see the person because of the darkness; he or she was just a shadow in front of me.

“Sure” I replied and held out my pack of cigarettes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Welcome to the Family - Avenged Sevenfold
Comments and subscriptions are adored and appreciated <3