Give 'Em Hell, Kid

You're my heroine

Helena’s P.O.V
I got both curious and afraid of what he was going to tell me. What was so horrible that I would hate him? I could never hate him, even though I was furious at him for dragging me home.

“Well, before you think I’ve killed anyone; I haven’t. I haven’t hurt anyone at all. But it’s still horrible” He said and tried to make eye contact with me.

“So what is it? What is so horrible that you’re so sure I will hate you?”

“I’ve done some pretty bad things in my past, Helena, things I’m not proud of. Things that make me know exactly how you feel and what you’re going through. You’ll hate me because you’ll see how much of a wreck I am, and that I haven’t told you about it until now”

“Seriously, Frank, I’m not as fragile as you think. Just tell me”

“Okay, well, my mom and I had just moved to New York for another of our many “new starts”. To make a long story short I started to hang out with some pretty bad people. We vandalized, got into fights, and stole money from old people. I did drugs every day, I was drunk all the time, and basically I was a wreck. I was 15 and easy to influence. Whatever the “leader” told me to do, I did. So one day I told him I wanted out, I didn’t want to end up dead at an abandoned parking lot or something – I knew that’s where I was headed. Of course he didn’t like it, so he got the guys to beat the crap out of me. They injected me with God-knows-what and left me in the middle of nowhere to die. At least I think that was their intention. Some hikers found me after a couple of days and I ended up at the hospital. But instead of accepting their help, you know what I did? I stole a syringe and some morphine to commit suicide. How the hell I got a hold of it is another story. Anyway, this might sound melodramatic and all that, but it’s the ugly truth”

“What happened after you tried to commit suicide?”

“I have no idea. I remember injecting myself with the morphine, and after that everything’s blank. I woke up at the hospital again, strapped to the bed”

I didn’t know what to say, everything seemed so surreal.

“Do you understand now, Helena, how I can relate to your situation? Your desperate aspire to attention? Because I know that’s what’s really going on. You want to be noticed; you want someone to care. But fuck, Gerard loves you, Juliah loves you. Everybody loves you; you’re just too stubborn to see it”

“What about you?” I asked and looked him straight in the eyes.

“What about me?” He looked confused.

“Do you love me?”

“Yes, Helena, I do. You’re my heroine”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Forever - Papa Roach
<3