Give 'Em Hell, Kid

I'll be here waiting, babe

Frank’s P.O.V
I woke up in the hospital, not knowing what had happened. The last thing I remembered was driving home from the restaurant with Helena. Suddenly the pieces fell together. Oh, no…
A nurse came in as I panicked.

“Where’s Helena?” I shouted at her.

“She’s in surgery, her internal organs… Well, I’ll let you know when she’s out of surgery, okay?” I nodded in response, terrified of what had happened to her. It was my fault! I was driving the car, I should’ve been more careful, fuck, Gerard would kill me if she… No, I don’t want to think about it, she’s not going to die, she’ll be just fine.

I was in agony, both physical and psychological; I had no idea what to do. Dammit, if something happens to her I’m never going to forgive myself.

“Have you called her brother?”

“Yes, now, try to relax; I’ll give you something to sleep on, sweetie”

Fucking nurse, I didn’t want to sleep, I wanted to see her, make sure she’s alright.

After a few hours I woke up and saw Gerard sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed. I didn’t even have to ask. I knew why his eyes were red, I knew why he was gazing at nothing, I knew why he was crying. I knew it, and it was my fault.

“I should’ve been more careful” I whispered

“It’s not your fault, Frank”

“It is, and I’ll never forgive myself for it” I started to cry. She was gone. I’d never get to see her smile again, I’d never get to hug or kiss her. I’d never feel her touch again. I’d never get to tell her just how much I love her. She was the one, and now she’s gone. Because of me and my stupidity.

"If I didn't take her out for dinner, this wouldn't happen. She would still be here"

"I know, Frank, I know. But don't beat yourself up, I'm not blaming you for this. It was nothing you could do to prevent this"

"I shouldn't have pressured her to eat"