Status: More to Come Soon!

With Words I Should've Said

Never Too Late

It had been a week and a half since I tried to kill Brittany.
We still weren't talking.
So I've been spending all of my time with Chris, and occasionaly Jay or Christian. My face was almost completely healed now.
I was sitting on Jay's couch while Chris was in the shower. Spongebob re-runs were playing on the tv, but I was paying little attention. At the moment, my phone was freaking out on the glass coffee table. An unknown number had been calling me for almost fifteen minutes straight now. I was gonna wait for Chris and make him answer it. I got up and went to my makeshift room in Jay's house. I put my pajama pants on, even though it was only mid afternoon. They were black with yellow and blue swirls; I, being the fashionista that I am, matched it with a soft purple v- neck tee. I went back down the set of three stairs to the living room, then decided to go back and get my iPod. When I walked in, Jay was in there.
"Jay! Put my bra down!" I yelled. He dropped it and ran passed me with a look of a child getting caught eating dessert before dinner. What a loser... I grabbed my iPod and slammed my door shut. Sitting back down on the couch, I put my earbuds in. I heard the door slam shut; I looked up and Christian, Maika, and Brittany had walked in. I turned my Three Days Grace up louder and pretended I didn't hear them. Chris walked in at perfect timing. I grabbed my phone and jumped up, grabbing his hand so he would follow me. My phone continued vibrating in my hand.
"This number has been calling me for twenty minutes."
"Answer it?" he shrugged.
"Straight. Twenty minutes straight."
"That's creepy," we sat down on his bed.
"Will you answer it?" I aksed.
"Sure." He answered the billionth call.
"Hello?" Even though I wasn't near the phone, I could hear the man talking.
"Where is Natalie? Why isn't she home? Who is this?" he threw question after question at Chris.
"Wrong number," he answered and hung up.
My face turned pale. "That was my dad, wasn't it?"
He nodded.
"I'm going home," I stood up.
"What? Why?" Chris followed me.
"Because, if he's dangerous, I'm not going to let him hurt you," I began packing.
"Nat. Natalie look at me," Chris forced me took look up. "He is not going to hurt any of us. Especially not you."
I believed him.

"I'm going to the grocery store! Anyone need anything?" I yelled.
"Your mom!" Brittany yelled. I ignored her.
"Ok, I guess not." I walked to my car, and drove to the nearest Kroger. I threw random crap that Christian insisted on putting on the list into the cart. I was passing a lane, when I saw a familiar red poytail. I caught a glimpse of my dad watching me before running to the checkout lane.
"Natalie! Natalie!" he was following me through the crowded shopping center. I got my stuff rung up quickly, then ran to the car. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw him standing in the parking lot, defeated. I grabbed my phone.
"Hello?" Chris answered.
"Chris he is following me," I whispered, holding in tears.
"Where are you?"
"I'm coming home now." I started the car.
"Be careful."
I got home and unloaded the few things I got. Chris ran outside to greet me.
"What exactly happened?" he asked after kissing me on the forehead.
"He saw me and followed me," I said simply.
"And this doesn't bother you?"
I threw something down and let my head fall.
"Chris, he is stalking me," I realized.
"It'll be okay-"
"No it won't! He's not gonna stop until he gets what he wants! That's what a stalker is!" I yelled. Chris and I were having an intense stare down when I heard something.
"Hey, Natalie! I saw you at Kroger! But I don't think you heard me!" I saw my dad standing at the end of Jay's driveway, waving to me as if we were old friends.
"Chris, go inside," I said quietly.
"Not a chance."
"Chris! I mean it! He is a dangerous man--"
"I just wanna talk! I promise I won't hurt her!" he directed this at Chris.
"Five minutes? Maybe he will leave me alone if I just talk to him!" I pleaded.
"No!"
"Please! He may do something to hurt you if we keep denying him!" Chris realized how worried I was.
"Fine, but I'm watching through the window. And you only get four minutes," he stomped towards the house.
My dad started walking towards the house.
"No. Stay there," I ordered. I walked to him, as to keep him as far away from my friends as possible.
"I'm so glad you came to see me! My name is James, but you can call me dad if you want?"
"No."
"Okay," his face fell a bit. "You know you really are gorgeous. I wasn't lieing before."
"Thank you."
"Are you going to say anything?" he laughed.
"You've been stalking me."
"No I haven't," he said deeply, then perked up a bit. "I've just been trying to find you."
I tried to turn around and get Chris' attention when James grabbed my wrist.
"Wait, where are you going?" he didn't mean it so much as a question, but an order not to leave.
"Chris!" I yelled. "Chris, come here!" I began to panic.
"Shhh!" James yelled. "Don't make him come out here!" He took a step towards me.
I became nauseus as he started feeling me in inppropriate areas.
"Stop it!" I yelled. Where was Chris?
"Shut up!" he slapped me. I looked up at him from the ground, rubbing my face. "I will kill you!"
"What is wrong with you?" I yelled.
I heard the door slam. I turned around to see Maika walking towards me; I wondered why Chris wasn't coming.
"Hey, man! Back off!" he yelled, getting right in James's face.
"Woah, calm down!" he replied normally.
"I've already called the cops, but if you don't shut your face and get out of here, they might not make it in time to find you alive," Maika growled.
This actually scared James a bit. He started retreating. Maika picked me up; I was being a total baby, and bawling my eyes out. He carried me inside and set me on the couch.
"Where's Chris?" I cried.
"You may not want to see him right now..." Brittany said, actually being sympathetic.
"Why not? Why didn't he come outside?" I asked.
"It was scary; we had to hold him back. We seriously thought he was going to kill that guy."
♠ ♠ ♠
My mom was rushing me, so I hope this is okay! Title by Three Days Grace.