Status: More to Come Soon!

With Words I Should've Said

Summer Love

"So, Tayler found someone he liked finally?" I asked as I slowy closed her computer lid. I decided I would ask John about the kid in the morning. I knew that my mother hadn't invited him.
"Yea, I know what you mean. He's so picky. I guess I can't be picky anymore," Brittany frowned.
"Don't be upset! I'll describe every boy I ever see again to you. You know, it's a shame Tayler is gay. If he were bisexual or straight, I'd go for him. He's turning out to be a hottie," I told Brittany.
"Ew! Totally gross, he's my brother! Plus he met some guys from Fairview Shores. They were bisexual, and one of them took interest in him," Brittany said in a matter-of-fact way. I rolled my eyes.
"Woops- sorry. Just, by the way, I rolled my eyes!" I joked.
"I hope you know that if you were anyone else, I'd beat the crap out of you for making fun of my being blind!" she pouted.
"Okay, drama queen, let's go to sleep!" okay, we are grown ups. We are mature enough to share a bed, for all you people out there thinking how it's weird that two seventeen year-olds are sharing a bed.

I drove up my rather long, curvy driveway. We may not have a big house, but we have a lot of land. When my mom was pregnant with me, everyone thought she was a slut. No one believed her. So, when she turned eighteen, my lovely, rich grandparents dropped her off here with a wad of cash and bailed to Kentucky. It's weird thinking that it's kinda my fault my mom had that life. I shook the thought out of my head. We had a large lake in the back yard that was somewhat surrounded by woods. I slid out of my old truck with my a piece of paper in my hand. When I got to the door, I saw it was propped open. There was junk spread everywhere. I turned a little corner and my mom was there, her hair in a ponytail. This means she was doing some sort of physical labor. I saw boxes.
"Hi, honey!-"
"Nope," I interrupted her greeting.
"What?" she asked, confused.
"I'm not moving in with John," I said stubornly.
"But it would be an adventure-"
"Mom, you sound insane."
"Fine. If you don't want to live with your loving mommy and her new husband- just, fine."
"Mom," I complained. "You've kept me away from the world for 17 years! I'll be safe. I promise."
"Not until you turn 18, you won't be doing anything," she pretended to be fiddling with something.
"Fine. That's in a month." My mom looked vey sad. I sighed.
"Just give me a chance to live my life. And you need to go have fun with your new husband!" I argued.
"Right on cue!" John came around the corner. He walked straight to my mom and hugged her. "I've been eaves dropping. You know, Melanie, we'd have a bunch of free time living right down the street by ourselves."
"But it's seven miles away!" my mom complained. I went to my room to let them sort out their issues. I got ready to get in the shower because me and Brittany were meeting for lunch.
I walked out of my vanity and remembered the picture. I grabbed it on my way downstairs.
"Hey, John," I called.
"Yea, Nat?" Only my good friends and mother called me Nat, but for some reason, I didn't really care if he called me that.
"Do you know this kid?" I asked showing him the picture of 'Jay Enriquez' with Brittany.
"Yea, that's my nephew. He lives right down the street- oh! Sorry, eight miles away," he smiled. "About living here alone, I understand why you may not want to live with me. Just give your mom some time to let things sink in. She'll come around," with that, he smiled and returned to cooking something.

"So, he's like your step-cousin now?" Brittany asked. We were at a little Panera Bread eating lunch together.
"Yea. And appearantly he lives right down the street from me," I said taking a drink of coffee.
"That's so cool! Can I meet him?" she asked, excitedly.
"Didn't you meet him at that Disfugured-"
"Warped Tour."
"Yeah, that."
"Well that, my silly little Nat, didn't count! He had tons of people swarming around him!" she pleaded.
"Fine. If I ever meet him, you can too."
"Yesssss! Sucess!" She threw her arm in the air.

I pulled into my driveway, blocking out the noise.
"...Gosh, Natalie! Can't you drive any faster? I mean I'm blind and I could beat you in a race! Well, if I knew where I was going..."
"Brittany! Please shut up!" I groaned.
"Woah, so-rry Miss Grumpy!" she yelled. I climbed out of my car and walked towards my house.
"Do you ever shut your trap?" I stopped on the threshold and she bumped into me.
"Dude! Natalie, you can't just stop in the middle of the road anymore!" Brittnay complained, rubbing her nose.
"Okay, one: we're not in the road. Two: there are two floating heads on my couch!" I whispered.
"Well, it's not like I can see them!" she crossed her arms.
"No one's home, and there are people in my house!" I whisper/yelled. "Okay, I have a textbook in my purse!" Brittnay gave me a weird look. "I have Calculas homework!" I explained. I got out my book and held it above my head. I walked towards my couch slowly.
"Oh!" I yelled scaring the crap out of the people on the couch. "Brittany, it's him!"
"Please dont' destroy me with calculas!" the boy screamed. I looked up forgetting I had my book. I laughed and threw it to the side.
"Sorry, but I don't really know who you... or you or you or you are and I'm home alone," I said looking at the other guys with him.
"Hey, I'm Jay," he stood up and held out his hand. "Uncle John told me to come by and meet my new step- cousin. I'm guessing that's you," he smiled.
"Yes, my name's Natalie, and this is my best friend Brittany," I smiled and introduced us.
"These are my friends- Chris, Maika, and Christian." We got heys and random other greetings.
"Hey aren't you that girl from Warped Tour?" the guy named Maika, a muscular guy with black hair, asked.
"Me?" Brittany asked.
"Yea..."
"Yes, I was the girl who's brother was probably eyeing you down. Sorry, he doesn't see many people he likes, but he thinks you guys were hot."
"He's gay, just by that way," I explained.
"Do you think we're hot?" Maika asked.
"Well," she scratched the back of her head. "You sounded hot?"
Everyone was silent with confusion. Then everyone on the couch looked at me.
"She's blind," I explained.
"Seriously?" Christian, a brunette that looked like he was loads of fun, asked.
"Last year on my sixteenth birthday I was riding a motorcycle home. The brakes stopped working and I got hit by an ambulance. Ironic, right? Anyways, it was a head on, and I got glass in my eyes."
"The only reason she's still alive is because she happened to get hit by an ambulance," I said. Maika was looking at her odly. By now we were sitting in a smaller couch/ottamon/furniture thing across from them.
"What about you?" I aksed the by with long hair. "You haven't said much."
"I didn't sleep last night," he rubbed his face. "This idiot was on RedBull and wouldn't shut up," he pointed at Jay.
"Hey!" I said. "She won't shut up either!" I pointed at Brittany. She stuck her tongue out at me.
"So how did you know where she was?" Maika asked Brittany, referring to me.
"I'm blind not deaf, smart one," she joked lightly.
"You have really pretty eyes," he complemented her.
"Thanks," she blushed. "I wish I could see what your eyes looked like."
I got up. "I-uh, left something in my... um car." I went outside and turned on my car. I was just sitting in my front seat, staring at nothing, when the passenger door opened.
"You can't stand their flirting either?" I asked Chris.
"Not when it's all mushy like that. He always finds a girl. I'm all single and junk," he pouted.
"Well, ya know Brittnay's got a hot older brother looking for a new boyfriend."
"I'm, uh... straight," he said awkwardly.
"I know, I was kidding. I mean, what straight guy wears skinny jeans?" I joked.
"They aren't really skinny jeans!" he complained.
"So, a guy like you is single?" I asked.
He looked at me smugly. "Why, do you like me?"
"Are you kidding!? I just met you! You just look like a guy who always has a girl on his arm," I said too quickly. What? He's cute... I could see people coming out the front door. I guess they were sick of the flirts, too. I mean, we just met like twenty minutes ago! Brittany was trying to convince Maika that she knew the driveway well enough to walk to my car.
"Well," Chris said, pulling my focus away from them. "If you do decide that you think I'm super incredibly sexy and that you love me unconditionaly..." he smiled and left a piece of paper on the seat as he left. Their car drove away. I kept staring at the piece of paper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I have no idea if motorcycles have braks or not, but they do for now! Chapter title Summer Love by Justin Timberlake.
"I can't wait to fall in love..."