Status: More to Come Soon!

With Words I Should've Said

Even Just for A Day

Spring Break. Gotta love it. Hate it when it's over. I was in my car driving to my stupid high school. Ever have those days when you hate everything? This is one of those days. I got out of my truck and slammed the door. I think the reason I'm so pissed at the world is because of what happened this weekend. I'm still a little confused. Chris kissed me, then left. I didn't stop him, which led him to believe I didn't like him. Now he won't answer my calls or texts. Brittany was with Maika this whole weekend and said Chris was sitting right next to his phone, but never answered. I guess I can't really say anything mean about him, because he thinks I completely ignored him after being kissed. I stopped and looked at my school. I hate everything.

I jumped up and walked out of class as soon as the final bell rang. I walked to my car, head down. When I looked up my body flared with anger.
"Oh, so you can ignore me all weekend then stalk me to school? Just go away," I pushed past Chris.
"I wasn't ignoring you-"
"Then what do you call not answering your phone for three days after kissing someone and leaving them?"
"Okay, well maybe I was ignoring you, but you weren't exactly nice either!" he pointed out.
"I was surprised!" I yelled.
"And you watched me walk away without saying 'oh, it's okay, don't be embarrassed' or any crap like that!" he seemed really degraded.
"You were embarrassed?" I asked timidly.
"Of course! If you kiss someone who doesn't like you back, it's kind of embarrassing!"
"Oh," I said.
"'Oh'? That's it?"
"I'm sorry. I... I've never been kissed before."
"Oh..." It got really awkward.
"So, we're cool now?" I asked.
"Well, yea, I guess it makes sense now," he wouldn't look at me.
"So..."
"Well."
"I'm gonna go now," I climbed in my car.
"Um, can I have a ride?" he asked sheepishly.
"You didn't drive? You idiot!" I laughed.
"I was just kind of walking around and showed up here."
I smiled, "Fine. Get in, loser."
"Thanks."

"Natalie, can I tell you something?" Chris fiddled with a jacket zipper.
"Sure."
"I really do like you," he looked at me.
"Oh," I looked away, blushing.
"What does that mean?" he asked.
"That I'm blushing and have never been told that," I muttered.
He laughed a little. "Really?"
"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"What? Oh- wait, no! Not like that... I just mean, no one has ever told you they liked you or asked you out?"
"No."
"Well..." I could hear a little bit of a smile on his face. "I think you're pretty."
"Stop it!" I yelled as I kept getting redder.
"I think it's cute," he laughed.
"Shut up!" I whined, covering my cheeks with my hair. My red hair. Oh, ha ha. Thank you irony.
"I'm an adult. You can't tell me what to do!"
"Uh, yes I can! I'm an adult too! As of... well, as of today."
"You forgot your birthday?" he asked, laughing.
"Well I was having boy problems," I said.
"Well I'm sorry."
"... and?" I prompted.
"Happy Birthday!!" he yelled.
"Ok, thank you, but a little less volume next time," I laughed.
"Just wait until Christian and Jay find out what day it is," Chris smiled.
"Please don't. If you even like me at all, you won't!"
"Too bad!" he smiled smugly.

A blue, cone shaped party hat was sitting sideways on my head. Streamers burst into the air and kazoos blared in my ears.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Jay and Christian screamed at the top of their lungs. I looked at Chris.
"I hate you."
He just laughed. Maika and Brittany were standing somewhat to the side, holding hands. They work fast...
"Soooo what do you want?" Jay drew out the letters when he spoke.
"Absolutely nothing."
"The absolute of nothing is negative nothing which is something!" Christian yelled. We all got quiet and looked at him. "What? I know math..."
"Sure..." Jay turned away. "And the absolute value of nothing would still be nothing you nerd! The absolute value of a number is how many digits away from zero it is! Uh, you're so stupid!"
"Awkward..." I whispered.
"I got it!" Christian ran up the stairs, stumbling the whole way. A couple of seconds later, he ran back down, panting. "This can be from me and Jay... because he bought it for me, but I got a better one!" he handed me a Nikon D3x.
"DUDE! This is amazing! How'd you know I liked photography?" I asked suspiciously.
"Well, we didn't all stalk your Facebook this weekend!" Jay yelled. Chris smacked him.
"You guys are so freaking adorable!" I said.
"We try," Jay said coolly.
"Thank you," I said. "I think I'm gonna go home and get some rest now."
"You're a party pooper!" Christian yelled.
"Oh, wait," Maika stopped me. "We were all into the whole combining gifts thing. This is from me and Brit."
Awww, he gave her a nickname! He handed me five twenty dollar bills.
'Wow. Thanks," I smiled.
"I knew it was your birthday, but you wouldn't give me any ideas," Brittany complained.
"It's okay," I laughed. I walked by her and whispered, "I know you had something to do with this party. Just wait until your birthday."
She laughed.
"I'm not kidding!" I assured.
"I'll drive you home," Chris offered.
"'Oh, my! Natalie, ride in my car!'" Jay said in a weird voice.
"'Hey, Chris! Let's make out!'" Christian responded in a high pitched voice. I rolled my eyes

"Thanks for driving me home," I smiled, getting out of the car.
"How else were you gonna get home?" he laughed.
"Hey, you were the one who walked to my school."
"Tousche..."
I stopped at my door.
"You wanna come in? My parents moved out last week, so my mother won't bother you."
"I need to go. If I leave them alone, I'll find Christian and Jay running around in their underwear with brooms and Maika and Brittany just making out. It's happened."
I laughed very hard.
"But I do have a question. Promise you'll tell me the truth?"
"Pinky!" I held up my little finger.
"I like you. Do you like me?" he was rocking back and forth on his heels like a child.
I smiled. "Yes."
He smiled. "Well, that's good. Because if not this would be awkward." He leaned down and kissed me real quick.
"Bye now, Natalie."
"You are so mean!" I called as he walked to his car.
"Bye!
"Night!"
I walked inside. This is most definitely the best day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title If I Were A Boy by Beyonc`e.