Status: active.

Silent Lover

(FOUR.)

Patrick Fitzgerald

-noun
1. Called Fitz by his friends.
2. People think he's big and bad.
3. A somebody.

Griffin watched from the middle of the cafeteria as Fitz and his group of followers blocked the way of the new girl from his ASL class. He felt bad for her. As independent as she thought she was, it was going to be hard for her tiny self to beat those four guys. He stood from his spot in the cafeteria and walked to the group.

"Boys, boys, what do we have going on here?" he asked, casually. His voice was deep and the moment that she heard it, her head whipped around; a mass of brown spirals bounced along with the motion.

"Oh, fuck off, Vallee," one of the boys sneered.

"Yeah, you honestly don't care what happens to anyone anyways," one of the others added.

Finn rolled his eyes and threw his arm around Ronnie's shoulders. She tried to fight him off but he wouldn't have it. He pulled her closer to the group and without much effort, shoved through the boys. "Just because I don't feel like seeing Randell today," Fitz mumbled when Finn passed.

In the corridors, outside in the open air, Ronnie pulled away from him. She was so thoroughly pissed off. She never let anyone touch her, not even her own family and now this stupid boy just grabs her like that. She didn't know whether to break down and cry because this terrified her or punch him in the face.

Finn saw the conflict in her eyes and the wrinkle of pain on her forehead. "You could say thank you," he huffed.

Thank you? Why would I thank you? You don't know me. Don't ever touch me again. You're so lucky that I have no voice because if you could hear the malice in my thoughts right now, you'd be curled up in a ball, shaking and crying. Her hands were shaking so badly that some of her signs were harder to understand than others.

Finn's mind tried to process her signs but some he just couldn't figure out or didn't know the meaning of. He didn't understand why she was so angry though. He just helped her. He stared at her for a minute. She sat down, pressing her back along one of the columns. Her hair fell around her shoulders as she pressed her forehead into her knees. She looked so fragile and broken.

"I didn't think it would bother you. I'm sorry."

Finn was officially bothered. He never apologized. Especially not to people he's only known for one class period. Why was this girl different?