Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"Good morning my lovely sex doves"

I think in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the Scriptures, but with experiments, and demonstrations.
- Galileo Galilei


I looked at myself in the reflection of the elevator doors to make sure everything was straight and in place. I held my work bag close to my side as I waited for the small room to ding. Nerves ate away at my stomach and I had to take deep breaths to keep myself calm. The elevator opened, and I found myself in front of a pair of glass doors that lead into a bull pin and a blond who looked like she was expecting me. Leaving the confined space I was in, I walked up her and smiled.

"Hi, are you Jennifer Jereau?" I asked.

She smiled, "Yes I am. My friends call me JJ. That must make you Kelsie Parish."

"Yes, that's me."

"It's nice to meet you," we shook hands, "Are you ready to meet the team?"

"More than ready."

JJ lead me through the glass doors and into a large room. The bull pin consisted of clusters of desks covered with papers, stacks of manila envelopes, and pictures of friends and family. JJ stopped in front of two men - one, a lanky kid with short brown hair, the other a buff man with chocolate skin who looked like he had been here all night. Both stood at the sight of us.

"Guys, I want you to meet Kelsie Parish."

I smiled at the two men, extending my hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Hello Kelsie, I'm Derek Morgan, and this is Dr. Spencer Reid."

Spencer grinned as he waved sheepishly. I smiled at him, getting the hint that he didn't want to shake hands.

"Kelsie is the newest member of our team," said JJ with a smile. Turning to me she pointed at an empty desk and said, "This will be yours."

I smiled, "Thank you."

Turning to the guys she said, "Make her feel at home, you two."

She left us alone and I set my bag against the chair and sat down. Derek Morgan and Dr. Spencer Reid followed suit and we fell into an awkward silence. Derek and Spencer swiveled in their chairs for a moment, then Derek asked, "So where are you from?"

"I'm from a farm county in the middle of Illinois." I gave a small nod.

"An Illinois gal, eh?"

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Why did you choose the Behavioral Analysis Unit," asked Dr. Reid.

"I um... just wanted to help rid the world of bad guys." I smiled again.

The two guys looked at each other and shrugged. The three of us were then joined by another woman, this one more plump than JJ. She wore a bright yellow dress that accented her blond hair. She wore dark framed glasses over her heavily made up eyes which matched her lips. She walked over with a traveling coffee mug and on beautifully cute high heels.

"Good morning my lovely sex doves," she said, "How are you today?"

Derek looked up to the woman and smiled, "Good morning, sugar."

"Mm, I'll show you a good morning," the woman smiled and then noticed me, "Oh... hello, you're new."

I smiled and stood while offering my hand, "I'm Kelsie Parish, the new team member."

"Well, welcome! I'm-"

"Garcia," came a male voice from behind me, "Did you look at the message I sent you?"

Turning around I found a man on a walkway in front of an office door. He was sharp, but stern looking. His face was clean shaven, and his black hair void of any gray. He came down the flight of stairs and stopped by me.

"Yes sir," she said, suddenly serious, "I looked into it, and it's real."

He nodded, "Then we have a case." Turning to me he asked, "Who are you?"

I held out my hand, "Kelsie Parish, sir."

"Aaron Hotchner," he said, "Welcome to the team." His voice made him sound anything but welcoming.

But regardless, I smiled and said, "Thank you."

JJ came back with another man. "Ready Hotch?"

"Yes. Meeting time everyone."

The group, including Garcia fell in step behind JJ and Aaron Hotchner. My plan was to fall behind, but Garcia held different ones. Falling in step with me she smiled.

"Penelope Garcia," her smile widened, "You can call me Garcia."

I returned her smile with one of my own as I said, "You can call me Kels."

"Yay, well, welcome again. I know Hotch can be a little cold-"

"Garcia... I'm right here," said the man in question.

She smiled and said, "I'm not saying anything that's not true," turning back to me she continued, "But don't worry. He's a big fluffy teddy bear once you get to know him."

Hotchner gave a small smile as he held open the door for everyone. The meeting room held a round table with more than enough chairs for everyone. Everyone sat down and I followed suit. Hotchner, Garcia, and JJ stood in front of a bunch of monitors. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small note pad and a pen.

Apparently I was the only one who felt like I needed to take notes.

"Last night," began Hotchner, "We received an email, with this recording."

Good evening, my freaky darlings. I have a little blood confession. I have taken the life of another... and enjoyed it. So, my little Abrahams, listen up, my blood lust will keep on going if you don't stop me. Good luck.

I sat there confused.

"This tape was originally recorded in Seattle Washington. There three people were reported missing, only to be found in the woods."

"What condition," I asked.

"Dead."

"No, I mean what condition were they found in? Whole, broken, in pieces, mutilated?"

"They were found whole, no mutilation-"

"Any sign of sexual assault?"

"There were traces of semen on all of the bodies, but no signs leading to rape. There were two puncture marks on their necks, and their bodies were drained of blood."

I nodded and wrote down the information. Derek watched me, along with the other man I still didn't know. JJ gave us the time which we were to meet at an air strip, and we were free to leave. The man I didn't know made a b-line straight to me.

"David Rossi," he said, holding out his hand. "Are you the new girl, or a journalist?"

He looked down at my notebook, and I let out a small laugh before saying, "No, I'm the new member. Kelsie Parish."

"What's with the notebook, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It helps me think if I see it all in one spot. I can work with out it, but it's the visual that's nice."

David smiled, "I understand." He reached into his coat pocket and produced one of his own.

"Do you have a small suit case ready?" asked JJ as she approached us.

"Indeed I do."

She smiled, "Alright then. You can head on over to the strip when you're ready."

I nodded and Garcia approached me, "Do you know how to get there?"

"I thought I would follow someone."

"They have to leave to their houses first."

"Then no."

"Mind if I hitch a ride?"

I smiled, "No. Not at all. Do you need to go to your house?"

"Nope. Just need a few computer things from my cave, but for the most part I'm ready."

"Then lets go."

The two of us got into the elevator after she packed up her computer and grabbed her bag. Getting in my car, a BMW 5 Series, we drove to the air port.

~Spencer's POV~

Morgan and I arrived at the air strip at the same time. As we walked to the jet he let out a low whistle, "Man, who's car is that?"

"The license plates aren't anyone I know, so maybe it's the new girl's." I said.

"Damn, that girl has nice taste in cars." He fell in step next to me then said, "What do you think of her?"

"She definitely is hiding something, did you sense the hesitation when we asked her why she was here?"

"Yeah, that was weird. But I guess we all have our secrets."

I didn't say anything more as we approached the jet that would take us clear to the other side of the country. From where we were we could see Kelsie and Garcia moving around inside. Kelsie no doubt falling victim to Garcia's wild antics. I let Morgan climb into the aircraft first before following up the steps. The sound of the girls laughing came and I found them all smiling as I rounded the corner. Taking off my always present messenger bag, I slid into one of the booth seats, pulling out manila folders of the case. We were all given copies to look over as many times as we wanted. Right now I was trying to figure out the message the UnSub, Unknown Subject, had left.

It wasn't long before Rossi, Hotch, and JJ joined us and we were in the air. We went over the case once, meaning to go over it one more time before we landed. An hour into the flight we noticed Kelsie started to get drowsy.

"You alright there, Kels?" Asked Garcia.

She smiled, "Yeah. Planes just make me tired."

"It's okay if you fall asleep," said Morgan, "We won't play too many jokes on you."

She smiled and it wasn't long before she was asleep. The moment it was confirmed, Garcia was on her computer, typing madly on its keyboard.

"What are you doing, Baby Girl?" Morgan asked.

"I'm looking to see who Miss Kelsie Parish is." The moment she said that her face darkened, "Oh my God."

"What?" I asked.

"Sh-she was kidnapped."

My brow furrowed, "What?"

Garcia turned the monitor around, "When she was sixteen. She was missing for six months before she suddenly showed up at her front door. The guy who took her was never caught."

We all looked at the screen at the picture of Kelsie taken back when she was in high school. The headline on the article read Sixteen Year Old Girl Survives Six Month Kidnapping, Saying 'I Swam For My Life.'

"What did he do to her," I asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"He raped her."

Morgan's jaw dropped, "For six months?"

Garcia nodded as a single tear slid down her cheek. Then plane was quiet as we watched our newest team member sleep on the couch.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- The Buddha
♠ ♠ ♠
First official Spencer Reid story. :D
Please tell me how you feel about it, let me know if I need to work on anything.
DON'T BE AFRAID TO COMMENT!

and please, do comment. :D

(oh! and by the way... keep an eye out for easter eggs. They're hidden in the story, all you have to do is look.)