Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"Wow... hanging with you can be kind of depressing"

Be very nervous of the shaky hands.
-Ja Rule


~Spencer's POV~

I spent the better half of an hour debating whether or not I should go next door and see if Keslie was still awake. The only thing stopping me was: what would I say? As I've mentioned before, I'm not good at this sort of thing, and I was freaking out. After a few more minutes, I decided I would give just hanging out a try. Walking to my door, I opened it and found Keslie on the other side, arm raised, ready to knock.

She smiled as she lowered it and said, "Oh um, h-hi, Spencer."

"Hi."

"Are you busy?"

"No, actually."

"So, I feel bad, not having time to have lunch or dinner today... I was wondering if you wanted to get some ice cream? There's a Dairy Freeze on East Third Street, and -"

"I would love to go. Just let me put on my shoes."

She nodded.

"Wanna come in?"

"Um, yeah, sure."

I opened the door, allowing her enough space for her to walk through, then I allowed the door to swing shut. I moved past her and sat on my bed, pulling my pair of black low-top Converse to me. I pulled them on over my socks and stood.

"All set?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."

I got the door for her and we made our way to the elevator. While we waited, I watched her pull on the same overly large hoodie and was able to see the sleeves. On one arm was the skeleton of a groom, and the other was a bride. over the left breast of the jacket was a bouquet of red roses and one black one with the insignia 'My Chemical Romance.'

"Is that a band." I asked, motioning to her jacket.

"Yes. My Chemical Romance. They're from Jersey. They're um... my favorite band."

"So you listen to rock music?"

She nodded, "Though I'm leaning more to folk music again... and classical. Mozart and Chopin are my current favorites."

I nodded, "I like Mozart."

She smiled "I've been in love with his music since I was little."

The elevator doors opened and we got in. I pressed the buttons to go down, then Morgan came running in.

"Hey guys," he said, "Thought I was going to miss the elevator."

Keslie giggled, "Well we would have held it for you."

"Thanks Kels." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a small hug.

It amazed me how lax Morgan was with everyone. Kelsie has only been with us for less than a week and everyone was acting like she's been here forever. I watched as they stood, Morgan with his arm still around her shoulders, then the elevator opened.

"So where are you kids headed," Morgan asked.

"Dairy Freeze," she replied, "Wanna come?"

Morgan looked at me, judging my expression, then shook his head, "Give me a rain check, Kels. I'm just going over here to get some coffee." He pointed to the other side of the lobby where there were the cafeteria was.

Keslie looked a little disappointed, but smiled, "Well, have fun."

"Same to you, Kels."

We parted ways, and Keslie and I made our way to one of the black SUVs. There was a small breeze that blew on us, and I found Kelsie walking close to me, our shoulders touching every now and then. It might have just been me, but it seemed like she was nervous, but in the scared kind of way.

I tapped her arm and asked, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, but didn't say anything.

We both slid into the car, me in the diver seat, and we pulled out of the parking lot. Making our way down the curve of the street, we turned left onto East Third, and pulled into a parking spot near the establishment.

Entering the restaurant, we took a moment to decide what we wanted. She got a mint Oreo ice cream and I got a banana split. We sat in a corner, and we ate our ice cream.

"Did you know that in Japan they have well over a hundred different ice cream flavors?" I asked as I put a spoonful in my mouth.

She nodded saying, "Seaweed and Sardine being some of their grossest flavors."

I smiled.

"Did you know that technically when you order a blizzard or shake from Dairy Queen they're supposed to hand it to you upside down?"

I frowned, "No. I didn't. Why?"

"Their ice cream is supposed to be thick enough that it won't fall or something."

I nodded, "I didn't know that."

She nodded, then her face darkened, "Do.... Do you think we'll find her?"

I looked into her eyes and saw worry. I nodded before saying, "The odds are that we'll find her regardless. But if you're asking if we'll save her, I highly doubted it. If by some chance we're able to find the location soon and get to her, infection might have already attached itself to her, and unless she gets treatment... I doubt she'll be able to live."

She looked at me, then nodded, "Wow... hanging with you can be kind of depressing."

I frowned but didn't say anything.

"Well, anyway, what kind of music do you listen to? I know Bob Dylan, but I'm sure there's more."

I smiled, "Mozart. Other folk artists... Mostly classical."

She smiled, "Well, we have a few things in common then."

I gave a nervous smile and looked away from her and to my ice cream. Taking another spoonful of ice cream I put it in my mouth. I felt her watching me as I ate, and nerves slowly took over my being.

~Kelsie's POV~

I ate another spoonful of my ice cream as I watched Spencer. I couldn't help but find it cute the way he avoided eye contact when he was nervous. I knew he liked me, a lot. For being a profiler, he was terrible at hiding his feelings. Which again, I thought was cute.

I like Spencer. Which worried me. We've only known each other for, literally, four days. Usually I was far more professional than this. Normally I wouldn't latch on to someone like this... but here I was, letting this happen.

It scared me a little.

Was Spencer like all of the other guys I've known and dated? Something about him told me no, but you could never be too sure now a days. I hoped he was different. I don't think I could handle another relationship where I was continually pressed to take it all the way, if you know what I mean.

After what happened to me.... I've pretty much been sworn off sex. The acted was too traumatic for me, forcing me to remember what I had been through, or rather... what had been forced onto me. Once you've been raped, the fun of sex is sort of stolen from you.

I must have gone into myself, because I felt Spencer's hand on mine, his face close to mine, saying, "Kelsie!"

I snapped back into myself and said, "I'm sorry... I was spacing out."

"Are you alright?"

Sighing I nodded, "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

I gave him my best smile, "Yeah. Just thinking is all."

"About what?"

I shook my head, but answered, "Boys."

He frowned, "I don't understand."

"You don't have to."

"I don't understand why you're thinking about boys now."

I blushed. I thought about lying, but figured that he would catch me on it, so I said, "I'm just hoping you're different is all."

He looked at me, and I looked away.

"I... didn't mean for it to sound like that."

He reached across the table and took my hand, "I understand."

I smiled and we stood, our hands falling away. Throwing our containers into the trash, we went outside and over to the car. The moment we were outside, I replaced my grip on Spencer's hand, tightening it. I didn't like being outside at night.

Too many bad memories.

Spencer picked up on it, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Just a bit scared of the dark, is all."

"Really?"

"It's where my nightmares live."

Spencer tightened his grip on my hand and said, "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Looking up at him I said, "Don't make promises you can't keep."

He looked sad as he studied my face, but I turned away. As we got in the car, we were silent. I looking out the window to avoid any social contact with him. I hated it when people were concerned by something I said. It's not right that my personal hell breached their own.

Parking the car, we got out and walked the stretch to the hotel doors. Entering the lobby, we found Derek sitting in a chair. Spencer and I moved apart, putting a body space between us, but it was too late.

"No, no, no," said Derek getting up, "It's too late. I see you two walking close."

I blushed and found Spencer was too. We didn't say anything to Derek, just let him chuckle as we made our way back upstairs. Once in our hallway, Derek left us alone, and Spence walked me to my door.

"Thanks for coming," I said as I turned to him, "I had fun."

He smiled and gave a nod, "I'll um, see you tomorrow?"

I nodded, "Yeah, in the morning." Smiling I entered my room, letting the door close, dead bolting it after it gave the strong assertive click.

We promise according to our hopes, and perform according to our fears.
-Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh.... needed a break from the case for a while.

Anyway....
COMMENTS!
(I love the feedback I get from the many that comment everytime. I would also love more. :D)