Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"Unbutton your shirt a little"

It is my personal philosophy regarding plastic surgery that you are much better off underdoing rather than overdoing something.
-Michael A.C. Kane


~Spencer's POV~

Kelsie had been gone for hours by the time Morgan and I got back from Little Rock with Dr. Earl Switzer in hand. We explained that he could come back to Hope with us peacefully to answer a few questions that could not be asked in his office, or we could come back with an arrest warrant. With a case this large, no judge in the entire country would have problems saying no.

With Dr. Switzer sitting in an interrogation room, I volunteered to drive to the hotel and pick up Kelsie. It was my personal excuse to get some alone time with her. Walking down the hall to her door, I knocked, but got no answer. Knocking again, I got a very faint noise, followed by locks turning a few seconds later.

She kept the chain lock on, opening the door enough to see me. The room was dark behind her, and judging her by appearance, I had just woke her up.

"Oh...." she said, "Hold on." Closing the door, she opened it, having undid the lock. "W-What can I help you with?"

I blushed as I noticed her lack of pants, a pair of frilly pink underwear peeked out from under the same black shirt she had been wearing when I left.

"Spencer?"

"W-we have Switzer at the station." My voice was a little higher than usual, and I hoped she wouldn't notice.

"You do?" She smiled, "Um... let me get dressed."

I nodded, "Yeah, okay."

Closing her door, I could hear her rummage around before coming out in a pair of black slacks, a lavender button up shirt, and simple black heels. Her brown hair was down around her shoulders, recovering from a frantic brush attack; the strands moved as she did, finding each other and forming curls.

Turning to me, she smiled, "I'm ready when you are."

"Do you need to stop for coffee?"

"Yes please."

We walked to the elevator and we waited. "Did you sleep well?"

She nodded, "Yes. Much needed sleep."

"You won't be able to sleep tonight."

She smiled, "Oh yes I will. I love sleep."

"You circadian rhythm will be seriously compromised."

"Hey," she said shrugging, "I can sleep when I'm dead."

I frowned, "That's very unhealthy."

"I'm well aware."

I would have told her the disadvantages to not treating her body right, especially in this line of work, but my phone rang, "Hello?"

"Hey, you got her?" It was Morgan.

"Yeah. We're stopping for coffee on our way over."

"You sure that's a good idea?"

I frowned, "Why wouldn't it be? The coffee will allow her to function properly and-"

"I'm just joking, man."

"Oh... yeah. I know."

Morgan chuckled, "Well, hurry. See you when you get here."

I hung up and the elevator opened. Getting on, I noticed how Kelsie stood on the other side, as far away as she could be in such a small space. I thought it was odd, but decided not to say anything. Exciting the hotel, we got in the car and I drove to a small cafe where she got her drink.

Arriving at the police station, I tried to walk in next to her, but she moved in front of me. Entering the viewing room, she greeted everyone with a smile, and planted herself between Morgan and Rossi. I stood next to JJ.

We were all looking through the window at Dr. Earl Switzer who sat nervously at the metal table, a cup of day-old-police-station-coffee untouched in front of him.

"Who's going to question him," asked Kelsie.

Rossi answered, "Hotch."

"I want you in there with me," Hotch said, "You just have to sit there...."

"What for?" Kelsie looked nervous.

"You're going to be something like... bait." said Morgan.

"According to the profile, he likes finding fault in people," said JJ, "You're beautiful. You'll make him uncomfortable."

A blush settled in on her cheeks as she grew uncomfortable, "Um... okay." Turning to Morgan she said, "We're going to have to go over that profile when this is over."

"Sure thing, Kels."

She nodded and let out a sigh.

"Trust us, Kels.... This will work."

Sighing again she nodded, "Okay."

"Good luck," said Rossi.

I watched as Kelsie and Hotch moved to the door, "Unbutton your shirt a little." I heard him say to her as they stood by the door. He held her coffee while she messed with her shirt, and I felt the butterflies flutter around in my stomach, as I found myself suddenly very eager to see her with her shirt open. The two of them entered the room and Kelsie took a seat, slipping from her cup of coffee as she did so. I moved closer to the window to watch.

"Earl Switzer? I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner, this is SA Kelsie Parish."

"Nice to meet you." Although the statement was meant as an answer, it was directed at Kelsie.

She noticed and sipped from her coffee.

"We would like to ask you a few questions, if that's alright with you."

Earl Switzer shrugged, "Not much more I can do here."

Setting a case file down, Hotch - who had remained standing - pulled out the before pictures of Harmony and Betty sliding them across the tale. Using the surface to lean on, he asked, "Doctor, do you recognize the girls in these photos?"

Switzer studied the pictures and nodded, "Harmony Smyth and... Betty Stark. Both came to see me about getting a part of their body fixed."

"What parts? Do you remember?"

"Harmony wanted a tummy tuck, and Betty wanted to move up two cup sizes." Earl leaned back in his chair, "Both were flakes however. Good thing I make the down payment non-refundable or else I'd be broke." Then he sat up, "Are they why I'm here? Are they pointing fingers at me?"

"Do they have reason to point fingers?" Kelsie asked, setting her cup down. The way her shirt opened offered a nice view of her smooth skin as it dipped down into her cleavage. I swallowed a few times to wet my mouth, and Morgan noticed.

"You okay, Reid?" He asked softly, leaning in so only I could hear.

I nodded, "Fine." My voice came out strained.

Chuckling he said, "You can look away, you know."

Sighing I said, "I'm fine, Derek." I was elated to hear my voice was strong.

Morgan continued to chuckle as he turned back to the interrogation.

"I haven't done anything to these girls, other than tell them how to improve their bodies." Earl said, looking at Kelsie.

"Improve their bodies." Leaning forward, allowing more of a view, she said, "What do you mean 'improve their bodies?' Shouldn't they be going for a more... natural look?"

Earl leaned in, eyes only for her chest at first, then slowly traveled up, "Only people with natural beauty should go for the natural look, Special Agent Parish."

"Are you saying these girls aren't naturally beautiful," Hotch asked, nodding down to the pictures.

Earl shrugged, "If you look at their face."

Keslie nodded, "It's not all in the face is it, Dr. Switzer."

Turning to her he gave a sleazy smile, "No. Beauty in the face is only achieved when it is incapable of telling a story. Skin is like that, but only when it is able to tell how much it is cared for. The beauty held by the masters of Italy is no more. Today we want toned stomachs, small waist lines, and harsh details. The face is now only just a face. The body... well that had become more of a temple than ever. Why should we be the only ones to worship it?"

Kelsie didn't react, but leaned back in her chair.

"I would worship your body any time."

She fought valiantly, but her face still twisted in disgust. Thankfully, Hotch intervened.

"I have a few more pictures to show you." Reaching into the file, he pulled out the before pictures of the other eight victims.

Dr. Switzer frowned hard when he looked at them, "All of these people came to me for corrections... but none of them came to their scheduled day of operation." Looking up at Hotch he asked, "What does this have to do with me? Are these people suing me?"

"Sir, all of these people are dead," Hotch's voice was very calm.

"Dead? What do you mean dead?"

"They were all murdered." Kelsie's voice matched Hotch's tone.

"And you think I killed them?" Dr. Switzer's voice didn't rise in pitch.

"You're the only person connecting all nine of these victims." Hotch moved to bend down next to the doctor, "All of these people came to see you all made the down payment, and all have been murdered."

"Agent Hotchner, I can assure you that I have no reason to kill any of my patients. If I went around killing everyone who came to me I wouldn't be nearly as rich as I am now." Pointing at the picture of Harmony he said, "The only thing these people mean to me is a nice fat check that won't bounce."

I leaned over and pressed a button on the wall that allowed a red light in the room to glow. Hotch excused himself, forcing Kelsie to stay in the room alone.

"What is it, Reid?"

"You don't see it?"

Hotch paused, then nodded, "He either didn't do it-"

"Or he's a brilliant liar," said Rossi jumping in.

"And have you noticed the way he looks at Kelsie," Morgan said, "Our profile said he would be intimidated by her... he seems more interested in getting with her than cutting her up."

"The beauty isn't in the face," I said, mostly to myself, "His theory is that every face is unimportant. Our UnSub takes the face of his victims.... They have to be important to him for him to do so."

We looked out the window to Dr. Earl Switzer who sat in his chair, eying Kelsie. She did her est to ignore him. Watching him smile to himself, I sighed.

He wasn't the killer.

Beauty lasts five minutes. Maybe longer if you have a good plastic surgeon.
-Tia Carrere
♠ ♠ ♠
If it's not the doctor.... Then who is it?
FIGURE IT OUT REID!

comments?