Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"I've gotta hear how the trunk one worked"

There was purification in punishment. Not "Forgive us our sins" but "Smite us for our iniquities" should be the prayer of man to a most just God.
-Oscar Wild


I have been at the BAU for two months now and have a nice working relationship with the entire team, especially with Spencer seeing we were the only two in the bull pin. Derek would sit in the vacant desk when he was finished with all of the paper work he had. Today found the three of us there, drinking coffee, talking about our many relationships.

Or well, Derek and I talking about our many relationships. Spencer seemed to just be listening.

"I hate rushing sex in relationships," said Derek.

I laughed while Spencer choked on his drink.

"I'm sorry, did I hear you right? A grown man saying that he hates rushing sex in a relationship?"

Derek shrugged, "I'm not your average guy."

"Clearly."

"Oh yeah, well what about you?"

"I haven't had sex since my abduction." I sipped from my coffee, acting like that was a statement heard everyday.

"Is it because of traumatic stress?"

"Yup. I'm sure if I knew I was with the right guy and that he would never hurt me intentionally, I would give in. But as it stands, I don't like being touched. It's why I won't have kids. Going through the act... I'm afraid it'll be too much for me."

"Really."

I nodded, "That and the fact that they will be 100 percent spoiled and be nerdy as hell by the time they're in school."

Derek smiled, "Nerdy how?"

"They will be able to quote Star Wars, and be serious fans of Harry Potter and Leonard Nimoy."

Derek laughed, "Hot and a Trekie."

"And once known for some awesome sex."

Again, Spencer choked on his coffee.

"Now I need a vague story." Derek smiled.

"A fellow hockey player and I had sex in the trunk of his car once... and another time - different hockey player - I teased him with a jersey of mine."

"I've gotta hear how the trunk one worked," said Rossi from the walkway in front of his office.

I blushed for a moment then said, "His back seats folded down so we slid in, closed the trunk and, ah, went at it."

Derek and Rossi chuckled while Spencer blushed. I set my coffee down and looked at him.

"What?"

"What about you genius? Any stories about late nights in the back isles of the library?"

A brilliant blush formed on his cheeks as he cleared his throat a few times, "Ah, um, a-actually it happened at the girl's apartment."

Derek smiled, "Wait, you're not a virgin?"

Spencer looked nervous, "No."

"So this nerd thing is, what? a cover up?"

"Nerd thing?"

"Derek, be nice to the young boy.... Now what was her name?"

"T-Tricia Gildman."

"Were you dating?"

"No.... We met at a party. We were drunk."

Derek, Rossi, and I all struggled to keep ourselves from smiling, but the thought of Dr. Spencer Reid participating in a one night stand was proving to be too much.

Derek was the first to loose it, "Damn, Pretty Boy, why are you keeping that one a secret?"

Spencer shrugged, "Didn't seem like it was important."

"And it's not," I said, "But I'm glad you shared... this conversation was beginning to feel uneven."

He smiled, and nodded.

"Do you want kids," I asked.

He looked at me and his face flushed.

"Pop out some small geniuses?"

He opened his mouth as if to say something then JJ came, "Hey, JJ." He smiled at her like she had just saved his life.

"Hey, we've got a case. Everything is set in the conference room."

"Well, back to the old grind." I said, standing up.

Derek, Spencer, JJ, and I walked to the conference room where we met up with Garcia. Rossi joined us a few beats later followed by Hotch. We all took our seats and JJ started.

"In Los Angeles the bodies of three young girls were found. Marla Zimmermen, 17 years old, found July 28th in the alleyway behind a local theater. Cameron Gallaway, 19 years old, found August 2nd, same as the first, the alleyway behind a theater, but on the other side of town. 17 year old, Brittany Shaw, however, was found dead August 17th in the dressing room of the theater she frequently performed in.

"All were found by company owners and theater managers, and all appearing to have been poisonings. At first authorities ruled them as suicides, but when the third was found, they thought something was wrong so they called us."

"Why would they think it was a suicide?" I asked.

"The poison didn't appear to be forced down their throats."

"So they either didn't know what they were drinking," said Derek, "Or they could have been forced at gun point."

"But why drink something that will kill you slowly if you'll die faster by the gun?" Spencer's voice was about as concerned as he looked, "Perhaps they trusted whoever gave them the drink."

"So are we taking this?" JJ looked to Hotch for an answer.

"Yes," he gave a nod, "I think something is very wrong here."

"Alright everyone, meet on the jet in thirty minutes?" JJ gave us all a smile before turning off the monitor.

~Spencer's POV~

Sometimes I really hated being me. Like the fact that I was totally oblivious to human advances, or that I didn't have an ordinary childhood. I can't say, however, that I definitely haven't advanced from living the way I do. For example: because of my lack of relationships, especially the physical ones, I have been able to focus on my studies, or the things that interest me, like magic... or my studies.

Tricia Gildman was a girl introduced to me by an acquaintance in college in an attempt to loosen me up. It was my first college party where I was able to drink - me being twenty one. I ended up apologizing profusely before leaving her apartment. So you can say I had a typical collegiate experience like everyone else... mine were just less frequent and more awkward.

Sitting on the plane, JJ took the seat next to me. Kelsie took a seat in the back of the plane, plugging in her ear phones and pulling out a copy of Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I smiled at her choice of literature and was caught by JJ.

"You like her don't you."

I looked at her shocked. I was caught. Not finding anyway out of it, and not finding anything today, I could only nod.

She smiled, "She's perfect for you, you know."

"Yeah?"

"Yup, passed my standards."

I frowned, "What standards?"

"My standards for you," she smiled, "You don't think I would let any girl just date you, do you?"

I let out a short laugh and smiled, "No, I guess not."

She smiled, "You should ask her out before someone else does."

I smiled and looked at Kelsie as we took off, then turned to the case file and studied the pages as we flew across the country.

And think not you can, direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
-Khalil Gibran
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long.
College is starting, so I had to pause and pack everything up. :D
I will warn you, that the updates might not be as frequent as they were in the summer... but I will try very hard to keep it going at a steady pace.

But comments anyway please?