Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"You care too much"

First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.
-George Bernard Shaw


Spencer stayed with me the week that I had to stay in Los Angeles to recover. I told him that he didn't have to, that I would be more than capable of taking care of myself, but he stayed saying, "You're on bed rest... you need to stay in bed." We stayed in the hotel room for the entire week. Spencer talking to me into the late hours of the night, and - no joke - reading The Princess Bride to me. He slept in the bed across form mine, turning away when I had to undress, and even blushing when he helped me into the bathtub.

But... I was happy to be spending so much time with him.

Today we were looking through the hotel's movie channels, looking for something to watch, and oddly enough The Princess Bride was on. I stopped on it, and smiled. Moving over, I patted the bed so Spencer could sit next to me. "I don't want you to be lonely over there."

Spencer shrugged, "I'm fine."

I sighed, "But I'm not."

Sighing, he stood and sat on the bed, his feet over the edge. I was okay with that... eventually he would loosen up. Which he did after Buttercup was kidnapped. He sat with his back pressed against the wooden headboard, legs straight out, and hands and arms firmly at his side. Trying to act inconspicuous, I moved over slowly to take his hand. It took awhile, but I finally managed to take his in mine.

Leaning over I said, "Don't be a log, Spencer."

He relaxed a bit and said, "How are you feeling?"

Looking up at him I replied, "Better."

He nodded, "Good."

"Spencer... you do know you don't have to be here all day right? You can spend time alone if there's a museum you want to lose yourself in."

Spencer smiled, "I'm fine staying here with you."

I smiled and placed my head on his shoulder, and turned back to the movie. I enjoyed being close to Spencer, the closeness reminding me of our kiss. We haven't kissed since the hospital, to my disappointment, I was hoping we would again, but with Boy Genius being as fragile as he was, I wasn't going to push it.

While Westley was being held captive by the albino monk and the man with a sixth finger, his cell phone went off. Letting go of my hand, he answered it.

"Hotch?" He moved to the door and continued to talk, "Yes, she's fine."

I wanted to move to listen through the door, but I was too lethargic to do anything. Spencer and I were hoping to fly back to D.C. in a few days, but I didn't feel any better than when I left the hospital. If I had to stay, I was going to make sure Spencer went home. I would not stand for him missing work because of me. The movie ended when he came back in.

"What did Hotch want?" I asked.

"Help on a case."

I frowned, "You can go home, Spencer."

He frowned as well, "You're ridiculous, I'm not going anywhere."

He sat down next to me and took my hand again. I smiled, "You're a great guy, Spencer.... Why aren't you dating anyone?"

He grew quiet, "I... I don't have time to date anyone."

I smiled again, "You should make time."

He smiled in response and he leaned down to kiss me. My heart fluttered at the touch of his lips against mine, and I smiled into the kiss. He moved to pull away, but my hand grasping his tie stopped him. When he couldn't pull away, his self-will broke and his arms wrapped around me, holding me to him, deepening the kiss. I was shocked, at first, at the ferocity he put in the kiss.... Like out of all of the months - the half a year - we've been together, this was what he wanted to do with me.

He pushed me down onto the bed, and needless to say I was shocked. This was a side of Spencer Reid I didn't know existed. I wrapped my hands around his head, tangling my fingers into what amount of hair he had. He wrapped his arms around me, and we rolled over. I found myself straddling him, and again shocked when he pushed his tongue into my mouth.

My hands played with the hem of his sweater, touching him over his button down shirt, then he pulled away.

"Wait," he said, "Wait... we shouldn't be doing this while you're in this condition."

I sighed, "You care too much."

He smiled, "Sometimes I wish I didn't."

I smiled too, "Then don't."

I kissed him again, and he rolled us over before getting up, "I um... have to make a phone call."

I frowned, "To who?"

"I want to see if they need help with anything."

I smiled, "You care too much."

Smiling back he said, "I know."

~ Spencer's P.O.V ~

Walking into the hallway, I pulled out me phone and dialed Morgan's number.

"Reid?"

"I kissed her."

"What?"

"I-I kissed Kelsie. We... spent a few minutes just... kissing each other."

Morgan laughed, "So what are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know, that's why I'm talking to you."

"Well I can't help you, man."

"Can you try?"

"Are you gonna sleep with her?"

"What?"

"This weekend... please don't tell me you've been with her for a week and you haven't thought about sleeping her?"

I was quiet then said, "Well... I mean, yeah... a few times, but she's too weak, too sick."

"Well... it is what it is, man."

"But this is against so many rules-"

"Hey, man, what did I tell you about Strauss? Forget about her. Hotch knows how you two feel about each other, and he'll just... over look it."

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me, "So... I should go for it? I should... date... her?"

Morgan sighed, "Yes, Reid. That's what I'm saying."

"Okay. Thanks, man."

He chuckled, "No problem, kid... now go get her."

Hanging up I walked back to the room and opened the door to find Kelsie asleep, the T.V. glowing on the wall. I found myself with a small smile on my face as I walked over and tucked her in before getting in bed myself.

Fortune and love favor the brave.
-Ovid
♠ ♠ ♠
They kissed!
AAAHHHH!!!!

Comments?