Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"Should we all safely assume that everyone saw you watching her read"

Health is not valued till sickness comes.
-Thomas Fuller


Arriving in St. Louis, our first stop was the police station. I got out of the car with Spencer, JJ, and Rossi. Hotch, Emily, and Derek were going to the woods where the boy was found. I took a seat at the table in the conference room and took a deep breath. I was able to travel, but I was worn out easily. Spencer took the seat next to me and gave me a concerned look.

"Are you okay," he asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," I replied, "Please, I'm fine."

"Have some water."

"Spencer-"

"It will make me feel better."

I sighed and took the glass he held out for me and sipped from it. Setting the glass down, I looked at him and gave him a smile. Rossi and JJ came in, Rossi showing concern at the sight of me sitting, but kindly didn't say anything. JJ was on her phone, managing the press as best as she could so the story wouldn't be early exploited.

The four of us were going to work on geographical profiles for Henry and the first victim. JJ sat on the other side of me as she wrote information down on a yellow legal pad. We waited for her to finish calling people, then we began.

"We're on the Illinois side, so thankfully it's not the entire city," said JJ.

"Not necessarily," said Spencer.

"The two victims were from this area," I said, "However, the UnSub might not be... especially after ten years."

"Why bother driving back to this area then," asked Rossi, "I agree with JJ on this one... perhaps the UnSub has stayed here for ten years... What would happen then?"

We were silent for a moment, then I said, "Is it just me? or does Henry look a lot like Robert?"

The group nodded, and Spencer said, "It could be possible that the UnSub saw Henry and thought back to Robert...."

"Why?" I asked, "Why would Robert haunt him for-" an alarm on my phone went off. Frowning, I reached into my purse to turn it off. "Um... why would Robert haunt the UnSub for so long?"

"Maybe the first death was an accident," said JJ.

My alarm went off again and I sighed, "I'm sorry... give me a minute." Standing, I grabbed my pill carrier - a cute cover hiding the case inside - and a bottle of water before going off to the bathroom.

~Spencer's P.O.V~

I watched as Kelsie walked swiftly to the bathroom ducking behind the door. Turning back to the table I was greeted by the faces of Rossi and JJ and I said, "She has a timer reminder her to take her medicine."

Rossi nodded, "How long will that be happening?"

"For a month."

"How are things between you two?"

I looked at Rossi for a moment then said, "We're close."

He looked unconvinced, then nodded, "Okay."

"How is she really doing," asked JJ, "Being poisoned?"

"She's okay," I said, "I told her about my anthrax scare, so she feels comfortable talking to me."

Rossi nodded, "Good... but that's not what I mean."

I frowned, playing dumb.

"Do I need to ask why Hotch pulled you aside? or should we all safely assume that everyone saw you watching her while she read?"

I flushed, then looked down, "Um... I have strong feelings for Kelsie."

JJ and Rossi smiled, "Well?"

I shrugged, "We're going out to dinner this weekend."

JJ smiled wider, "That's great, Spence!"

I smiled and nodded.

"You know that Hotch has to report this, right," asked Rossi, "It's against protocol."

I nodded, "He said he wouldn't report us if we didn't get distracted while on a case."

Rossi nodded, "Good."

JJ looked behind me in the direction of the woman's bathroom and smiled. A moment later, Kelsie took the seat next to me, grabbing an other bottle of water.

"Got anything yet?"

We shook our heads.

Her face fell into a frown, "Oh."

"I still think he's from this area," said JJ, "I just can not accept the idea that he would risk moving the body so far."

We were silent, then were joined by Hotch, Emily, and Derek. They were irritated at our indecisiveness towards whether or not the killer was from the are, but happy with our map. they sat down, and we were greeted by a policeman who came in to ask us if we wanted Mexican takeout. We agreed and ordered before taking time to brainstorm a while. We managed to hack out a couple of theories before a disturbance out front came.

"Please, someone help me," called a woman, "My baby is missing!"

We looked at each other, then left the room quickly walking out into the main room to see what was going on. A woman was being comforted by several policemen as she pleaded with them. A cop left her and came to us.

"Whats wrong," asked Hotch.

"Her little boy was taken sometime between school and now."

"What does he look like," I asked.

The policeman held out a small photo, "She brought this in with her."

Morgan took the picture from hi and we all gazed down at a very young child with a full head of curly brown hair and large brown eyes. Again, like Henry, he couldn't have been more than five years old. I felt a twinge in my chest as I thought of my godson and of how young he was. Looking at JJ, I saw her look away, not being able to see the small child.

Hotch nodded, "Tell your chief we need to set up road blocks on ever road - major or not - that leads into every wooded area. This child fits the pattern of the man who took the first one."

The policeman nodded and left. Hotch nodded at us and we approached the mother, the other policemen stepping aside.

"Ma'am," began Hotch, "My name is Aaron Hotchner... these are Supervisory Special Agents Jennifer Jareau, Derek Morgan, David Rossi, Kelsie Parish, Emily Prentiss, and Dr. Spencer Reid. We're with the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI.... We're here to help find your son."

She looked up at us and said, "Please help find my son... hep find my Adam."

The chief of police came out and call for volunteers to help with the road blocks. Emily, JJ, and David volunteered., Kelsie being denied permission by Hotch due to her doctor's request. Hotch, Morgan, Kelsie, and I took Mrs. Pendergast into a room where we got her her a cup of water and a cup of coffee. We sat in the next room over, talking about who's going to interview her.

Looking over, Hotch saw Kelsie and frowned, "Are you going to be okay?"

She nodded, looking a little green, "I'm fine... it's just a side effect of my medicine. It'll pass."

"Okay."

"I'll interview the mother," I said, not wanting Hotch to think less of me if I stayed with Kelsie.

He looked at me and nodded, so I left the room with entering the other.

Let your heart feel for the afflictions and distress of everyone.
-George Washington
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever.
Thinks piled up last minute.
Hope you enjoy though!

comments?