Status: It will still be updated - I'm not quitting on this story, don't worry - I'll just be posting less during the school year due to reading assignments, and writting assignments. Just please don't give up on this. I'm so close to the good part! ;D

Think Again

"Who's hung over"

True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
-George Washington


We landed and made our way groggily off the plane and to our cars. We were all going back to the office to work on our reports, then head home for sleep. Pulling into a parking spot, I met up with Spencer and Derek in the lobby.

"Well hello boys," I said with a smile, "Long time no see?"

"Hey," said Derek, "How was your ride over?"

"Wonderful."

"I'm in love with your car."

I smiled, "Aw, thank you. My car appreciates it."

We made it to the elevators, then I noticed someone missing, "Where's Penelope. I thought she said she was catching a ride with you."

"She was, but JJ lured her away from me. They should be here soon." Morgan smiled.

"You get far in Dracula?" I asked Spencer.

"Finished it."

"Wow, fast reader?"

Derek chuckled, "You have no idea."

Looking at Spencer I frowned, "What does that mean?"

"I finished the book in about ten minutes." The elevator dinged open and we piled in.

"I didn't notice." I said, feeling awkward.

"You were really into your book," said Derek, "Nothing could have grabbed your attention."

I smiled, "Jane will do that to you."

Derek grinned and shook is head. Spencer caught my eye and smiled. I smiled back and the elevator opened. Walking through the glass doors the three of us made our way to our desks and we sat down. I sighed and pulled out the file I needed and plunged right in, working on my report. And hour and forty five minutes, and no breaks, later, I was finished. Standing, I filed my work and said god bye to Derek and Spencer before leaving.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I noticed the time was just after two in the morning. I would be able to sleep for two hours before I was forced to get up and come right back here. I lived on the outskirts of D.C. which was awful. If I had the money, I would move in town and get off of the highway. Parking my car in my garage, I entered my two bedroom condo and threw my keys on the coffee table. Climbing up the stairs, I fell into bed, managing to kick off my heels before falling asleep.

~

"Good morning," I said with a large smile on my face. Spencer and Derek frowned, "How are you this morning?"

"Tired." Replied Spencer.

"'m sorry."

"Is there coffee?"

"I smelled some."

Without saying anything, Spencer stood and made a b-line to the coffee pot. I smiled after him as I sipped from my travel mug, then turned to Derek, "How are you today?"

"About as tired as he is."

"How late were you two here?"

"Very."

I cringed, "Ouch."

He nodded and accepted the mug Spencer held out for him. "Thanks."

Both drank heavily from their mugs, and I smiled as Garcia came in, "Hello, Penelope."

"Good morning nigh owls," she smiled, "Glad to see no one fell asleep at the wheel."

I gasped, "Oh no! I never thought about that! What the hell are you two doing driving while under the influence!"

"We weren't?" Spencer raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yes you were," said Penelope, "Under the influence of some much needed sleep!"

We both high-fived as we laughed at them. They groaned and drank their coffee, "The fact you two are acting like you're hung over supports our theory." I smiled at them.

"Who's hung over," asked Hotch, "Not you two." He pointed at Derek and Spencer.

"We're not hung over." said Derek.

"I believe 'tired' is the correct term," said Spencer before taking another sip from his coffee.

"What no one told you guys?"

We all looked at Hotchner.

"We don't have to be here today."

"What are you doing here," asked Spencer.

"Catching up."

The four of us watched Hotch walk up the catwalk and into his office, leaving the door opened. We all exchanged looks with each other, then I stood, "Well, I'm leaving."

Derek jumped up, "Right behind you, baby."

"Oh! Might I tag along?" asked Garcia.

Spencer stood and followed us to the elevator. Getting in, I stood next to hi and smiled, "What are you up to today?"

"I um, thought I would sleep for a while."

I laughed, "We're all going to sleep, but what are you up to later?"

He looked at me, then away, "I um... I'm not sure."

The elevator opened ans we walked out. Garcia and Derek moved ahead of us quickly, my suspicions were that this was their way of letting us know we were alone. I looked at Spencer and smiled, "So where do you live?"

"Uh, about ten minutes out of the city. You?"

"Just outside of D.C."

"Wow."

"I want to live in the city, but I don't have enough money right now. Um... maybe you could come over sometime... we could ah, grab dinner and you could get to know me better."

"I-I'm sorry?"

"You know... to find out what my favorite book is."

He smiled and said, "Oh."

We walked though the parking lot the space between us getting smaller as we went. When we finally reached out cars, we paused and looked at each other.

Then I got a crazy idea.

"Why don't you come over now," I said, "you could crash in my spare room... when we wake up, we could grab lunch and you could look at my book collection."

Spencer looked like I had a second head sticking our of my ear.

"You know? That was stupid," I turned to my car and unlocked it, looking in the back seat as I did so, "I just met you... we've known each other for two days. It's dumb of me to just jump to that." Getting in I said, "I'll see you at work."

Closing the door, I started the car and drove away before he could do anything.

~Spencer's P.O.V~

I stood there dumbfounded, staring after her car. What just happened? Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my phone to call Morgan, but found him calling me instead.

"What happened?"

I shrugged, knowing he could see me from his car, "I have no idea."

"What did she say?" asked Garcia, I was on speaker phone.

"She asked me to come over."

"That's it?"

"No, she asked if I wanted to sleep in her guest room, then do lunch."

Garcia awed on the other side of the line, "That's so sweet. So what happened?"

"I um... didn't say anything, then she just left."

"Spencer Reid!" yelled Penelope, "You never say nothing to a woman when she asks you to come over! You either say yes or politely decline."

"W-What should I do?"

"Did you want to go?" Asked Derek.

"I um... I don't know. I guess I was curious to see how she lived, but I don't know."

"Okay, it's okay Reid," said Garcia, "She'll be okay. Call her later and ask her to dinner."

I nodded, "Um... y-yeah okay."

"Alright kid, so just go home and get some sleep. We'll see you tomorrow." Derek's voice was solid. He really thought this was a good idea.

I nodded, "Yeah, okay."

We hung up and I got into my car. Driving home, a modest single bedroom apartment, I removed my clothes, put on pajamas, and fell asleep.

~

Waking up it was a little after one. Rolling over, I grabbed my phone, I flipped it open and almost called Kelsi when I stopped. What would I say? I've only asked two people out to something. It first was Amanda Brookes in college, she told me no in front of everyone while laughing in my face. The second was JJ, and we went to a football game where she spent the entire time trying to explain what was going on. So really, my track record wasn't all that great.

Did I want to call her?

I mean, yes, I did want to... there was something about her. This would give me time alone with her. Time for me to be selfish.

Opening my phone again, I pressed send and waited for her to answer.

"Mmm."

"Kelsie?"

"What?" She sounded angry.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Who is this?"

I slapped my hand to my forehead, feeling stupid, "Um, ah... this is Spencer."

"Oh hey!" Her voice changed.

"Um... is this a bad time?"

"No. You just woke me up."

"Sorry."

"No problem, what can I help you with?"

"I was wondering... if you ah, wanted to grab some lunch?"

"Yeah, sure... when?"

"Um... soon?"

"Okay." She chuckled a little as she said it.

I smiled, "Great. I'll come pick you up in say... thirty minutes?"

"Okay! Good thing you are, I have no idea where anything is." She laughed.

I smiled again, "Um great, I'll see you there. Where do you live?"

Writing down her address I hung up and got dressed in something casual. Jeans, a button up shirt, and a light jacket. Making sure I was okay, I grabbed my keys, locked my door, and left.

If you think there are no new frontiers, watch a boy ring the front doorbell on his first date.
-Olin Miller
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada!
A little time out of case work will be good for the team... and Spencer and Kelsie. :D

You know what to do now.... so do it! (please and thank you.)