Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER ELEVEN

six months later

Valentine’s Day, a day where you were constantly reminded that you were single yet again. A day where you saw couples on every corner of the street. A day where you'd curl up on the couch and watch sappy Romance movies all day. A day I use to dread, but not this year. This year I had someone to spend it with for the first time in a while, even if we weren't going to get to spend most of the day together thanks to a game, but I had him none the less. I was looking forward to the game tonight, when the WAGs found out that the game was today we created a little charity event for before the game. We were selling valentines that the fans could send to players and the money was going to Mario’s Foundation. The guys didn't like the idea at first, but eventually we got them to agree with it. Also during tonight’s they are showing a slide show and video clips of all the couples. It was going to be a fun night.

The only downside of all the fun events going on tonight was the fact that I had classes until three o’clock. So before I get to have fun with my friends, I had to sit through all my classes. It sucked. What also sucked was the fact that Taylor had told me a few days ago that she wasn’t sure if she was going to the game because her due date is quickly approaching and she was worried about the stress the games put on her. I had begged her to please come because it was Valentine’s Day and Sidney would want her there, finally she caved.

“So Taylor,” I said looking at my roommate. “Are you going to the game tonight?” I asked, pulling Jordan’s jersey over my head.

She looked up from tying her shoe and rolled her eyes at me. “Of course I’m going, who is going to keep you in check?”

I rolled my eyes. “Taylor, Vero, Anna there are plenty of people to keep me in line. So are you going to wear Austin’s jersey or Sid’s tonight?”

Taylor blushed lightly. “Austin’s, we are going to be in the concourse before the game, I should be wearing my boyfriend’s jersey.”

I smiled, Taylor and Austin had been friends since Sidney was drafted and everyone paired them together. Sidney use to tease Taylor about dating Austin, but it always got the same response of ‘we are just friends’. That all changed at the Lemieux Christmas party this past Christmas when they finally decided to start dating. Of course Sidney had freaked out, but he knew Austin was a great kid and good for his sister.

“Very true, do you guys have any pictures or anything in the slideshow?” I asked.

Just as she was about to answer, my phone began ringing on my night stand. I looked over and noticed it was Jordan calling. Taylor saw the smile on my face and rolled her eyes.

“Hey there.” I answered.

”Happy Valentine’s Day.” He mumbled in his sleepy, yet sexy voice.

“Jord, did you just wake up?” I asked, looking at the clock. “You don’t have to be up for another hour or so.”

I heard him yawn, answering my question. “I did, but I wanted to talk to you before you went to class.”

“Well I appreciate it. I’m bummed we aren’t able to spend the day together.” I admitted.

”Me too, but I have a late practice tomorrow.”

“Good for you?” I chuckled, I knew what he was getting at.

”Spend the night tonight?”

“Sure, but I have to go to my classes tomorrow.” I laughed. The last time I spent the night at Jordan’s after a game I ended up missing my morning lecture and part of my biology lab since Jordan was such a heavy sleeper and just wonderful to cuddle with.

”Fine, I guess I’ll actually let you get up in the morning.”

“I appreciate it.” I began getting my things together and walked out of the door with a wave to Taylor. “You’re not going to blame me if your game is off because you didn’t get that extra hour of sleep are you?” I teased.

”Nope, it’s all me. Shouldn’t you be heading to class?”

I smiled, I loved that he had my schedule memorized. “There are these things called cell phones, they are great for walking and talking at the same time.”

Jordan chuckled, ”Smartass.”

“It‘s part of my charm, that‘s why you love me.”

”I do love you.”

Every time he says it my heart skips a beat and a shit eating grin appears on my face. I stopped outside of the building where I had my first class. “I love you, too, Jord. I’m at class now, so I’ll talk to you later. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

”Happy Valentine’s Day, babe. Have a great day at school. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I hung up with Jordan and made my way into the classroom. One class down, three more to go.

***
It was the last five minutes of my last class and I couldn’t focus, my phone had been vibrating for the past fifteen minutes and I never got a chance to check to see what was wrong. Finally the professor let us go and I pulled my phone out of my bag and unlocked the touch screen. I had two missed calls from Sidney, a text from Jordan, and a text from Taylor. I checked the one voicemail I had from Sidney figuring it would be the most important, and I was right.

“Mandy, it’s Sidney. Taylor wanted me to call you and let you know that she’s probably not going to the game tonight. She woke up and didn’t feel too good, she’s in some pain. I tried staying home with her, but you know how she is. Can you please stay with her tonight? I’m worried about her and I don’t want to leave her alone, also would you mind picking Steph up from pre-school? I appreciate it.”

I quickly dialed Sidney’s number, not really caring if I messed up his pre-game ritual or whatever.

”Mandy.” Sidney answered on the first ring, he must’ve had his phone on him.

“You must be really worried, you answered on the first ring.” I chuckled. “I got your message and I can do both. Is Taylor okay?”

Sidney sighed and I knew he was rubbing the back of his neck. “I don’t really know. She didn’t get much sleep last night and then she woke up this morning saying her back was bothering her. I think she might go into labor today. I left you Taylor’s car, it’s in front of your dorm. Keys are in the center consol. I already called Steph’s preschool and told them you were picking her up.”

“Relax Sid, everything will be fine. Just focus on the game and let me worry about my sister. I’ll keep you up to date with everything, okay?”

”Thanks, Mandy.”

“It’s not a problem, love you Sid.”

”Love you too Mandy.

I reached the dorm and saw Taylor’s SUV sitting alongside the sidewalk. I grabbed the keys out of it before locking it up again and heading up to my room. Taylor was lying on her bed with her Spanish notebook open. When she heard me come in she looked up at me.

“Sidney was trying to get a hold of you. He called me like three times. What’s going on?” She asked.

“He thinks Tay might be going into labor at some point today and he doesn’t want her alone, so I’m heading to go pick up Stephanie from preschool and then heading over to their house. I’m not going to the game tonight.” I told her, packing a bag because just like Sidney, I think Taylor is going to end up in the hospital tonight.

“Want me to come with you?” She asked, sitting up.

I shrugged. “I mean if you want to, you don’t have to.”

“I’ll go, she’s my sister in law and I know Stephanie is going to be a handful.” She too began throwing things into her hockey duffle bag and in five minutes we were heading into the city to pick up our niece. Once we got Stephanie, we made our way to Sidney and Taylor’s house.

“Where’s mommy?” Stephanie asked.

“She’s not feeling good, so daddy asked Mandy and I to pick you up and spend some time with you and mommy.” Taylor answered. “Does that sound like fun?”

The four year old’s eyes lit up and she nodded. “I like when you play at our house.”

Taylor and I chuckled. Twenty minutes later we were pulling into the Crosby driveway and I noticed that Stephanie had fallen asleep in her car seat. Taylor carefully undid the toddler’s seat belt and carried her to the house. When we walked in, Taylor was lying on the couch watching Vampire Diaries.

“Hey there, how are you feeling?” I asked, sitting by her feet.

“Not so hot. My back is killing me and I just can’t get comfortable.” She sighed. “I think today’s the day.”

I smiled. “Sidney does too and this is the same thing that happened with you when you had Stephanie. That’s why Taylor and I are here, so do you want or need anything?”

“Can you call mom and dad?” She asked.

“Yeah I can do that. Why don’t you go try and lay down in your bed and get some sleep. Don’t worry about Steph, she’s asleep as well and Taylor and I are here.” I helped her off the couch and followed her to her room. “Just yell if you need anything.”

“Thank you Mandy.”

“Any time, sis.” I smiled.

I grabbed my phone and noticed the forgotten text from Jordan that I had gotten during class.

Hey babe, just dropped off Tay’s car in front of ur dorm. Sid left you a message. Love you <3

I quickly responded before calling my parents. When they didn’t pick up, I left a message.

“Hey mom and dad it’s me. I’m just calling to let you guys know that Taylor is getting uncomfortable and she may end up going into labor today. We all think it. Give me a call back when you get this, we aren’t going to the game so I’ll be here all night. Love you guys.”

I walked into the living room and saw that Taylor was on the phone as well. From the side of her conversation I was guessing it was her own parents she was talking to. I sighed and leaned my head on the back of the couch, today was going to be a long day.

Both Stephanie and Tay slept for about an hour or so and in that hour Taylor and I straightened up the house and started dinner. My mom and dad had called me back and told me they were getting right on the road and would be here as soon as they could get here. When I heard this I breathed a sigh of relief because I didn’t really know what I was going to do if she did go into labor. I was secretly hoping she’d wait until mom and dad got here. Trina and Troy weren’t going to get here in time if Taylor did go into labor today, but they would be here by tomorrow just in case.

“Mandy!” Tay called from her bedroom. I quickly got up and made my way to her.

“Yeah, Tay?” I asked, she looked like she was about to cry. “Taylor, what’s wrong?”

Tears fell down her cheeks. “I’m so freaking uncomfortable. My back hurts like a mother and Troy will not be still.” I hugged her. “I just want this all to stop.”

“I’m going to go call your doctor and see what he says, we may have to take you to the hospital.”

She nodded as tears continued to fall down her face. “Can you hand me my cell phone?”

I handed her the phone and left the room to call her doctor. He said that I had the right idea and to bring Taylor into the hospital. Once Taylor was in a room, I called Sidney.

“Hello?” He growled, picking up on the third ring.

“Sidney, it’s Mandy.”

He sighed. “Sorry, I didn’t look at the caller ID. How is she?”

“In labor, she’s asleep right now. We are at the hospital and she’s already three centimeters dilated.” I explained.

“Fuck it, I’m not playing. I’ll be there as soon as I can be.”

“Okay.” I wasn’t going to fight him on this because Taylor needed him. “Drive safely, we don’t need you in a room as well.” I chuckled. “Also, tell Jordan good luck for me?”

“Will do Mandy. Be there soon.” He said and hung up.

I took a deep breath. I knew Sidney was worried about Taylor and the baby. Just a year and a half into their marriage, Taylor had a nasty miscarriage and I know it did some damage on her mentally and physically. It also messed with Sidney, but he tried to hide it. I was just as worried about my sister as he was because I wasn’t able to get up here to be with her when she had the miscarriage. I went to the waiting room and took a seat next to Taylor who was coloring with Stephanie.

Half an hour later Sidney arrived in track pants and a Penguins shirt. Stephanie reached for her father and he quickly picked her up. I filled him in on what’s going on and took him to Taylor’s room. I left them alone and went with Taylor to get dinner since neither of us has eaten since this morning. Trina had called Taylor while we were eating to let her know that she and Troy had managed to get an earlier flight and would be here some time later tonight. When the two of us finished, we went back to Taylor’s room just as Dr. Hendricks was walking out. Sidney was standing in the corner, with a blank look on his face. Fear instantly coursed through my body.

“Sidney? Is everything okay?” I asked quietly, placing a hand on his arm.

He looked at me. “Yeah, I’m just worried that’s all. The doctor said everything looks good, she’s only five centimeters dilated. We just have to wait.”

I wrapped my arms around his waist. “Everything will be fine Sid, Taylor is strong. She’ll do great.”

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me. “Thanks, have you heard from your parents or mine?” He asked.

“I haven’t heard from my parents, but Trina called Taylor while we were eating and told her that they got an earlier flight, so they’ll be here some time tonight.”

Sidney smiled. “Good, so do you know anything about the game?”

I chuckled. “Last I checked the boys were wining 2-0. Don’t worry about them, you have a son on the way.”

We all hung out in the room until Stephanie started falling asleep and then Taylor and I took her to the waiting room. About an hour later my parents showed up right as Taylor was ready to push. The four of us sat in the waiting room as we heard screams coming from Taylor’s room. About five minutes later we heard cries coming from the room instead of screams. Sidney came into the room wearing teal scrubs and the biggest smile on his face I’ve ever. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to my mom.

“Troy Patrick Crosby, weighing in at 8 lbs and 7 ounces.” He smiled.

I couldn’t hold in my laughter. “He really is your son isn’t he?” I looked down at my own phone and laughed again. “He was born at 8:07 wasn’t he?”

Sidney smiled and nodded. “He is my son.” As soon as those words left his lips, tears filled his eyes.

His sister quickly wrapped her big brother. “He’s beautiful Sid and he has your eyes.”’

“Lucky boy.” My mom smiled and hugged Sidney. “Congrats Sidney, he really is beautiful. Can we see her?”

Sidney led my mom and dad into the room. Taylor and I went in after my parents spent some time with her. Tay looked exhausted, but she was smiling and holding Troy. Tons of pictures were taken, one of my favorites that was taken was Sidney holding Stephanie and sitting next to Taylor as Stephanie met Troy for the first time.

After I held Troy for the first time, I sent a picture to Jordan.

Meet my nephew! =) Troy Patrick Crosby. 8 lbs 7oz and was born at 8:07. You can tell he’s a Crosby ;)

After a little while, mom, dad, Taylor, and Stephanie went back to Sid and Tay’s house for the night. I stuck around for a little bit more, before heading to Jordan’s place for the night. I had promised him that I’d spend tonight with him and I wasn’t about to break that promise.

***
Jordan’s house was dark and quite when I let myself in. When I turned on the light in the living room, I was greeted by a pizza box sitting on the coffee table and beer bottles around it. Linda would be ashamed of her son if she saw this mess, I though with a shake of my head. I walked through the living room and up to Jordan’s room and was greeted by an even bigger mess. I shook my head and stole a pair of Jordan’s sweats, not caring that I had brought my own. I knew Jordan would be home soon, so I decided I was going to surprise him with a clean house.

Forty-five minutes later, I was standing in Jordan’s now clean room, folding his laundry and waiting for him to get home. I had to laugh at myself, I felt like a house wife. House clean and folding laundry, waiting for my working husband to come home. Just then I heard the front door open and close.

“Honey, I’m home!” Jordan called. I laughed and went to greet him.

“Hey there” I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

“Mmmm” He moaned. “I like coming home to find you here.” He whispered.

“I figured it would be a nice surprise and a sort of apology since I couldn’t be at the game tonight.”

“That’s right, I’m supposed to be mad at you for missing it.” He smiled.

I shrugged. “Sorry, babe. Sister in labor beats boyfriend’s hockey game any day.”

He laughed and kissed the top of my head. “Speaking of your sister. How is she?”

“She’s good, when I left she was falling asleep. She hasn’t gotten much sleep the past couple of days.” I pulled my phone out of my bag and opened a picture of Troy. “This is Troy, he has Sidney’s eyes.”

Jordan took the phone out of my hands and went through all the pictures I took today. “He’s beautiful and he really does have Sid’s eyes. Was he really 8 lbs and 7 oz?” He asked a smirk tugging at his lips.

I chuckled. “Yeah he was and was born at 8:07, he’s Sid’s kid alright.”

I followed Jordan into the living room and laughed when he noticed that it was clean. He placed a kiss on my cheek before heading up to the bedroom to get dressed. I stood in the kitchen and waited for his reaction.

“Mandy, I fucking love you!” He yelled from the bedroom.

I laughed and shut off the lights downstairs and joined him in the room. “Is that all I have to do for you to ‘fucking’ love me, clean?” I asked, sitting on the bed.

Jordan turned and tackled me to the bed, causing me to laugh. He started tickling me, making me laugh harder. He was laughing just as hard as I was. “No.” He stuck his tongue out at me. “I just really appreciate the fact that you cleaned when you didn’t have to.”

“Well I knew you weren’t going to do it until it absolutely needed to be done.” I chuckled “Also your mom would be ashamed if she saw this house the way it was before I got here.” I smiled.

“Oh so you only did it to get on my mom’s good side?”

“Duh, that’s what every girl does.”

Jordan just shook his head and laid next to me. We laid in silence for a little bit, just our quite breathing filling the room. A small smile graced my lips, I really could get use to just spending time like this with Jordan. No words were needed, just the company of each other. Jordan laced his fingers with mine as we continued to lay on is his bed in silence.

“So I was wondering, since your semester is over in May.” Jordan said, breaking the silence. He sat up and leaned on his elbow and I did the same thing. “I was wondering if you’d like to move in with me?”

I stared at Jordan for a second. “Move in with you? Jordan are you sure?”

I nodded. “I’m very sure. I love you Mandy and I want to spend every minute I can with you.” He smiled. “There’s a catch though.”

I rolled my eyes. “What’s the catch?” I asked.

“You don’t go back to the dorm next year. It’s your senior year and I know neither you nor Taylor want to continue living by dorm rules.”

He was right, Taylor and I have about had it with the dorm life. There was only so much a person could take. I looked at Jordan who was giving me the best puppy dog eyes he could manage and I couldn’t help but chuckle. “I would to love to live with you, ya nut.” I leaned over and kissed him.

Jordan rolled so I was pinned to the bed. I opened my eyes and was greeted by the blue of the ocean staring back at me. I knew in that moment that I was ready, that tonight was the night. I pulled Jordan down to me and kissed him, catching him by surprise. Cautiously I used my tongue and traced Jordan’s bottom lip, begging for him to let me in and I nearly sighed when he did. I don’t know where this bought of confidence came from, but I went with it. I moved my hands from around his neck to move down his back, taking in his muscles, and moved them under his shirt. He shuttered slightly when my cool hands made contact with his hot skin and began moving up his hard abs. Jordan pulled away from the kiss and let out a hiss, before ripping the t-shirt over his head and tossing it on the ground next to the bed.

I just stared at him, like I always do when he’s shirtless around me. He had a beautiful body and he knew it, I also knew that he liked it when I started at him; it boosted his already big ego. Just sitting there and looking at him and not touching him was too much for me. I reached out and ran my hands from his abs, up his chest, and wrapped my arms around his neck again. Jordan attached his lips to my neck and began his assault there. Jordan found a spot on my neck that sent chills straight through my body and settled between my legs. He began sucking on it, not too lightly I might add, causing me to let out little moans here and there. Jordan’s hands moved from being tangled in my hair to slowly making their way up my stomach, leaving goosebumps in their wake.

Without breaking the kiss, Jordan pulled my shirt over my head and threw it with his on the floor. Feeling Jordan’s skin on my own exposed body sent chills through my body, it was almost electrifying. Soon our kisses began to get more heated and I could feel Jordan's erection pressing into my thigh and it set me on fire. I squirmed underneath Jordan and he chuckled.

"Are you alright?"

I groaned. "No, I'd be better if we were naked." I said, slightly shocked by my words.

Jordan growled. "I can fix that." Slowly he pulled my sweat pants down and then when they were on the floor. He removed my panties even slower than before.

There I was, lying in front of the man I love completely naked for the first time. You would think I'd be nervous or self-conscience, but I wasn't. I knew Jordan wouldn't hurt me and I knew I didn't have to worry about my looks around him. He always made me feel beautiful.

"God, how did I get so lucky?" He whispered before kissing me. "You're beautiful, Mandy."

I blushed. "Not as beautiful as you."

Jordan rolled his eyes before standing up and removing his dress pants and then his boxers. I laid there and just stared at him, he was even more beautiful than I thought he was. I felt the heat between my legs grow as he continued to stare down at me with hunger in his eyes.

"Are you sure about this, Mandy? Because we can stop if you want to."

I didn't say anything, I just leaned forward and grasped his member and stroked it slowly. Jordan let out a deep throated groan. I sat up on my knees and kissed him as I continued to stroke him. Jordan slowly pushed me back down on the bed before crawling over me. Without breaking the kiss, Jordan reached into his bedside draw and pulled out a condom. My stomach did little flips at the thought of finally having sex with Jordan.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked again, looking down at me.

"I'm sure. I'm ready for this Jordan." I told him.

With a nod, Jordan opened the package and slipped on the condom before moving so he was hovering over me again. Without breaking eye contact, Jordan slowly entered me. The sensation of having Jordan inside me was overwhelming. My back arched as he began moving at a steady rhythm. As we both got close to our climaxes, he sped up and soon both Jordan and I were breathing heavy and cursing from time to time.

"Oh god!" I screamed, my back arching once again as my climax overtook my body.

"Fuck." Jordan growled as he too reached his climax.

Once our breathing returned to normal, Jordan wrapped his arms around me and we cuddled, falling asleep.

"Good night, Jordan. I love you." I yawned, kissing him.

"'Night. Love you too, baby."

Soon we were both a sleep. What better way to spend Valentine’s Day?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited